PointZeroOne

Minecraft

i host a private server for me and some mates. I have just build a frigging huge castle and then set all the trees on fire.

Some men just want to watch the world burn...

Server I'm running hosted in Aus! Up 24/7

how are you hosting it?

Using the guys server hosting tools on the frontpage:

Windows

Any other OS (Then in command line: java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar (if you dont want the gui then append "nogui" without quotes to the end of the argument)

ROTFL!

"Oh, that's not even funny!" he says.

I beg to differ. That's fuckin' hilarious!

so the number of people playing this game have exploded recently. even people i know who dont game are playing it. hell, my gf whos in the uk wanted in and is now spending her overseas holiday playing minecraft.

so the number of people playing this game have exploded recently. even people i know who dont game are playing it. hell, my gf whos in the uk wanted in and is now spending her overseas holiday playing minecraft.

It's Farmville-ing!

You realise this is how the human race ends, right? Farmville fuses with Minecraft, and everyone's too busy playing to breed. :P

The guy who made the game (yes, one person), makes $250,000 a day on sales. Not bad for a years work, eh?

Server I'm running hosted in Aus! Up 24/7

how are you hosting it?

Using the guys server hosting tools on the frontpage:

Windows

Any other OS (Then in command line: java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar (if you dont want the gui then append "nogui" without quotes to the end of the argument)

I know how to run a server, I was asking how is he hosting it.

As in, is it running off his home PC, a dedicated PC in his house etc.

I'm running a PC 24/7 in my house atm to host a server me and my friends. Just curious if anyone has found a host in Aus to run it for them rather than running it off home setup.

Do you guys play Alpha or Classic?

Rob.

Playing Alpha here, it gives a better feeling of achievement to know you've just wasted X hours mining all that stone to build that awesome looking fort.

Also when playing single player, its more fun to know there is shit that will kill you if you explore a cave system and you are not prepared for it

Edited by xxjackxx

Ah cool, I should've realised that since paying => alpha, alpha is obviously the "better" one.

I bought it a couple of weeks ago now, when it was all the rage on reddit, still haven't had a proper chance to give it a go, though.

Rob.

have been following seananners and his minecraft expedition, his a funny funny guy.

Also icabads server is pretty awesome, get on it ;)

Just bought the alpha version and its quite fun. Might look at making a server later tonight or tomorrow if anyone wants to join me, I'll post details once I get it up.

sadly the multi doesn't have damage in it yet so its just about building and exploring. you can't kill animals and if you put mobs in they just case youa round forever since neither of you can do dmg hehe.

I'll post details once I get it up.

How about you just post the server details?

lol, I thought about that before I posted that message and decided to leave it as is, just for a smart arse comment like yours :P

SO after watching several videos and reading about it some more I decided to buy it Monday morning...

I achieved nothing in the real world for the rest of that day. Goodbye life XP