Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
PointZeroOne

Minecraft

Got told about this game last night and now all I'm wanting to do is play this game rather than be at work.

Minecraft

The free version is just a sandbox game.

The alpha version is a sandbox game where you can also craft items and fight stuff.

The graphics are not great, but that doesn't affect the awesome game play.

There is online servers of worlds people have created built etc. Haven't gone into any of these yet but some of the stuff people have built in them looks pretty cool

Edited by xxjackxx

Looks interesting, fan made trailers got me interested.

So what do you typically get up to that makes it amazing?

Looks interesting, fan made trailers got me interested.

So what do you typically get up to that makes it amazing?

the idea of the game is to build and explore.

You start out with nothing

From there you cut down a tree and collect some wood. From that wood you can make logs, from them logs you can make a crafting table. From the logs you can also make a door and sticks.

You can find dirt/coal/iron/stone etc.

With these you can make wood/iron.stone swords/shovels/axes etc.

You find areas and explore.

You hide in your dwelling at night from the monsters unless you want to fight them.

You go find caves and explore them, fighting various things you find.

And with the stuff you find, you build what ever you want to build.

Hit up google images and search for minecraft

Try out the free version, I gave it a shot for about 10min and built a bunch of stuff and then bought the 'full' version.

The game has no set objectives, its more for people who enjoy building stuff and exploring. (and fighting random monsters)

And when played online, you get everything from the above and the ability to show off your creations and chat with random strangers :)

Fuck minecraft.

I spent hours building a colossal hollowed pyramid only to have one of those blow up dudes creep up behind me and explode, turning all my efforts into an outdoors bbq area.

Pricks

Bought this 2 weeks ago. Freaking awesome game IMO. Havent built anything huge yet but hoping to. If your considering buying it buy it now befor the beta as its half price.

BTW, the author of Minecraft gets it - he's a software developer with serious clue. This guy is worth giving money to.

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1121596044/how-piracy-works

Excerpt:

I won't bother analyzing why people copy games and other digital media, as that's really a moot point. We've got an amazingly effective way of distributing culture that is extremely beneficial for humanity, but it clashes with our current economical models. Piracy will win in the long run. It has to. The alternative is too scary.

If someone pirates Minecraft instead of buying it, it means I've lost some "potential" revenue. Not actual revenue, as I can never go into debt by people pirating the game too much, but I might've made even more if that person had bought the game instead. But what if that person likes that game, talks about it to his or her friends, and then I manage to convince three of them to buy the game? I'd make three actual sales instead of blocking out the potentially missed sale of the original person which never cost me any money in the first case.

...because the poor guy's server got Penny Arcaded.

He should really name this 'Minecrack' - seriously addictive, like blending Lego with Wolfenstein.

Yeah the who server going down thing, not good.

Yes this game is def minecrack. I've got a private server running for me and my mates. We've wasted a good few hours building/mining in that server.

I am really looking forward to when he fixes up the health bug in MP so you can actually take damage and kill stuff.

Single player is fun, multiplayer is even better.

Just got this today after seeing it on Good Game. WOW what an incredible waste of my time - in a GOOD way! This is brilliant!

Shame he's overrun ATM my free version has no sound... : (

Definitely going to pay for the full version when it available, what an awesome job over ,ten zero's, ( I don't know what that number is?!) lines of code........ Jebus!

Definitely going to pay for the full version when it available, what an awesome job over ,ten zero's, ( I don't know what that number is?!) lines of code........ Jebus!

Don't think so. There's no way one person could write 10 billion lines of code in a year, nor would one need to for such a simple game.

damn it, I can't register. this game looks awesome and I heard about it from a couple of friends. Anyone know anyother way to play?

Don't think so. There's no way one person could write 10 billion lines of code in a year, nor would one need to for such a simple game.

thats it says on one of the random "pop ups" on the title screen. In any case its a great job for an individual,

damn it, I can't register. this game looks awesome and I heard about it from a couple of friends. Anyone know anyother way to play?

can't register, cause the site wasn't working?

Its all back up and running now, you can go buy the game ^_^

Thanks for that - purchased. More than happy to support these developers. (I prolly wont get much of a chance to play it :p)

just thought I'd mention...

remoted.ath.cx

Server I'm running hosted in Aus! Up 24/7

Some pretty cool builds going on in there

The world so far

Link to pic

Posted Image

Edited by Icabaad