Sign in to follow this  
Kastoli

Are there any MMOs with decent PvP left?

Rifting in Aion wasnt bad, so I agree that the nerf was a bit stupid personally.

But it was annoying as hell to see these twinked glads in MM griefing groups. Some groups cant fight back, and I dont blame them. I tried fighting in Abyss, but most of them are either too high level or majorly twinked resulting me instant loss, I can flee sometimes but its not enjoyable to PLAY a game where I have little to no chance in PvP.

I got some gear farming AP secretly. But seriously its annoying as hell, and the AP is too expensive......

I have to agree, twinked rifting was a big problem after the servers got up and running; but whilst everyone was still leveling and nobody was really 'twinked' rifting was some of the most fun I'd ever had in an MMO.

I actually really like the AP system, you get alot more AP from PvP than you do from grinding monsters in the Abyss, once you've got reasonable gear at level 50 you could get 50k ap in an hour; and with the level 50 weapons costing just shy of a million AP that doesn't seem like a very significant 'farm' to me... not compared to some others anyway.

Maybe I need to get to lvl 50, but I cant see how you can get 50k AP in an hour, unless you win constantly dredgion or something. In Fort Sieging ( I love it ), I get about 2k per successful fort siege.

Also with AP you only get it if you kill something, so if you have a long fight and you lost, you dont get any AP :( which is a bit of a shame as a Templar. Not sure how heals work yet, need to play my Cleric in Fort Sieging when I get a chance.

Well officer rank players yield around 5000 AP per kill, so you just look for, hunt down, and kill them xD I play a ranger, and even as asmo, ganking people is pretty easy.

Rifting in Aion wasnt bad, so I agree that the nerf was a bit stupid personally.

But it was annoying as hell to see these twinked glads in MM griefing groups. Some groups cant fight back, and I dont blame them. I tried fighting in Abyss, but most of them are either too high level or majorly twinked resulting me instant loss, I can flee sometimes but its not enjoyable to PLAY a game where I have little to no chance in PvP.

I got some gear farming AP secretly. But seriously its annoying as hell, and the AP is too expensive......

I have to agree, twinked rifting was a big problem after the servers got up and running; but whilst everyone was still leveling and nobody was really 'twinked' rifting was some of the most fun I'd ever had in an MMO.

I actually really like the AP system, you get alot more AP from PvP than you do from grinding monsters in the Abyss, once you've got reasonable gear at level 50 you could get 50k ap in an hour; and with the level 50 weapons costing just shy of a million AP that doesn't seem like a very significant 'farm' to me... not compared to some others anyway.

Maybe I need to get to lvl 50, but I cant see how you can get 50k AP in an hour, unless you win constantly dredgion or something. In Fort Sieging ( I love it ), I get about 2k per successful fort siege.

Also with AP you only get it if you kill something, so if you have a long fight and you lost, you dont get any AP :( which is a bit of a shame as a Templar. Not sure how heals work yet, need to play my Cleric in Fort Sieging when I get a chance.

Well officer rank players yield around 5000 AP per kill, so you just look for, hunt down, and kill them xD I play a ranger, and even as asmo, ganking people is pretty easy.

Yea that sorta figures, since I saw a lvl 15 ranger kiting and taking out elites who are 3 to 4 levels higher than he was.....

Maybe you had some good gear and some crowns to start, but if I go against any officers, they're just going to lol and steam roll me. So i am just farming guards somehow to get the AP i need, I'm just getting first accessories, then work my way to armor and then finally to weapons, if i participate enough sieges....

Edited by Zhaker

Hmm i dont know if it has been mentioned, however if your looking for some nice sword and shield combat, not an mmo but fun and skill based check out Mount and blade warband. ITS AWESOME!!!

Hmm i dont know if it has been mentioned, however if your looking for some nice sword and shield combat, not an mmo but fun and skill based check out Mount and blade warband. ITS AWESOME!!!

Was a fun game, but someone ruined it for me. That someone also ruined Dirt 2 for me. Hence I dont play much of either games nowadays.

Also M&B isnt really MMO, its more like playing Medieval Quake where riding a horse is supreme. Not sure if they changed it but 2 Hander weapons was OP'd back then as well as Crossbow, I know CrossBow got nerfed eventually but not sure about the 2 handed weapons, I could be wrong however.

Edited by Zhaker