Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×

ok so here is my review

not really a review as i've never done one before, so a whole bunch of words really......

ok so basically i've had mine for about 3 days

the phone is big...exactly what i wanted, its heavier than the desire and would have been a nice touch if it had kick stand but oh well...

[]..............

..............[]

I appreciate the review. It seems like a decent device, but as with anything is has it share of negatives. I's take it that you had a positive first few days with the device so i look forward to receiving mine! :)

Edited by smakme7757

just an update

the htcsense web site seems to work at the moment

location finder works, although it says i'm a block away from where i actually am

people tab of the site works well, and the sms section, so basically everything on the site works

the only thing is that the whole site seems sluggish (maybe due to load at the moment), it seems like the site is just not ready for the world, like a beta or something

just little things like when scrolling through my contacts on the site, it wont load them all up, but only some, then when i get to the botto of the scrollable list, only then does it try and populate the rest of the list

if i delete or edit a contat, once it does the save, it moves me back to the top of the list, not where i lieft off (BUT if i scroll up or down, then automatically it moves to the spot in the list where i made the edit)

anyways, more time with the phone, i'm still loving it, i had a few issues with syncing and getting my contacts (i have a couple of gmail accounts linked to facebook) and ended up with something like triple the contacts, so i had to sort that out. but thats not the phoe, its more software issues like the androd OS, HTC and google mail thats the cause

battery life doesnt seem to be too much of an issue, still havent run into any real issues, but YES the battery COULD have been better,i'm just keeping an eye out on the things i do at the moment, hoping in a few more days i'd have a better picture of this.

i've taken some video and photos, and they look great so far

Seems like the shipment from HTC has been delayed to Europe. Apparently England has got some, but all the other countries are still waiting. I'm considering just canceling the order and waiting a few months for the next best thing because it looks like we will receive the Desire HD after xmas and that's a long time away in the technology world!

Seems like the shipment from HTC has been delayed to Europe. Apparently England has got some, but all the other countries are still waiting. I'm considering just canceling the order and waiting a few months for the next best thing because it looks like we will receive the Desire HD after xmas and that's a long time away in the technology world!

Cancel it. In a few months time, the price should already drop a bit, specially if there really is a new competing phone on the market.

I've ordered mine through Vodaphone, was wanting a new contract anyway. The idiotic thing is that I just ported my number from optus.. haha

I like what I have seen, I was considering the Galaxy S for a long time but glad I didnt make the jump.

*fingers crossed*

Ill give my thoughts once it arrives

Mine should be arriving via courier today. I've cleared my schedule....

Got it free on a Three $69 plan (discounted to $59) and they waived any remaining handset installments and contract payments.

Mine should be arriving via courier today. I've cleared my schedule....

Got it free on a Three $69 plan (discounted to $59) and they waived any remaining handset installments and contract payments.

Same deal vodaphone offered then, $69 discounted to $59. 24mth contract, its what I wanted anyway but Vodaphone have better coverage so the decition was easy.

Same deal vodaphone offered then, $69 discounted to $59. 24mth contract, its what I wanted anyway but Vodaphone have better coverage so the decition was easy.

Three and Vodafone use the same network now.

Three and Vodafone use the same network now.

Yeah guy in store told me that today..lol

*fingers crossed* Phone should be in my hands tomorrow

We recieved our Desire HD last night. Extremely nice phone to look at and beautifully smooth while using the OS compared to my old Hero. Both the camera and the Video camera work quite well with the 8mp camera.

Switching from the Hero to the Desire was extremely easy seeing as i have my contacts and calendar synced to Gmail so the transition was extremely smooth. The HTC sence website (www.htcsence.com) seemed to work quite well. It was possible to ring the phone at full volume via that website as well as lock it should it get stolen.

In all honesty it works the same as my Hero on HTC sence 2.1 (I have since upgrade to Froyo 2.2 Elelinux which is MUCH FASTER on the Hero), but it's just so much smoother running on Android Froyo 2.2 coupled with that 1Ghz processor!

The only drawback so far is the volume buttons on the side of the phone. They are flush with the casing which makes pushing them a little 'icky' and requires a little more 'work' to push the button in. The case its self feels quite sturdy although the battery compartment lock felt as though it would snap when i took it off.

I would recommend it to anyone after a top of the line smart phone, but if you prefer smaller phones look elsewhere as this phone is BIG :).

I might post a few pics when i get home from work.

Edited by smakme7757

The only drawback so far is the volume buttons on the side of the phone. They are flush with the casing which makes pushing them a little 'icky' and requires a little more 'work' to push the button in. The case its self feels quite sturdy although the battery compartment lock felt as though it would snap when i took it off.

I would recommend it to anyone after a top of the line smart phone, but if you prefer smaller phones look elsewhere as this phone is BIG :).

I love that the volume buttons are hard to press! Surely you would have gotten annoyed at how easy you could accidentally change the volume on the Hero? I couldn't stand it. My girlfriend can't stand it either.

It's definitely BIG. I'm in 2 minds as to whether to keep it or flog it off. On the one hand, it's too big and heavy to use comfortably with one hand. But, when you go back to looking at a regular phone size screen, I end up wanting my giant screen back again.

Well I'll be importing afterall...

I've gone back to comparing phones whilst I wait payday tomorrow, if im paying cash for it i better decide quick smart

Edited by the_13th

What's with this phone bluetooth function?!? One of my female friend sent me her photo through bluetooth and then she sent me one of her ethnic MP3 and when I played the song, it's displaying her photo.

Another thing is, this phone doesn't seem to be able to detect my timezone. I searched for Sydney, chose it and it's still displaying that message.

Hmm. I'm interested in on of these, but wasn't really planning on splashing out 800 bucks for one, and refuse to deal with Vodafone.