Slav

Gigabyte 3D Galaxy

Hi there all,

I have noticed that today my computer started to restart and shut down etc etc. I put it down to the water pump. As If I put a normal fan in then it all works ok. So my question is , even though the unit is now 5 yrs old is there somewhere to buy a new pump? Either a gigabyte one or another aftermarket one? If aftermarket one can someone point me int he right direction where to look or what might work with the existing setup. (the water coolant I am using in the system is Swiftech HydrX Coolant.

Any help would be great. Slav

Edited by Slav

as for pump go to the abovie site, best bang for your buck would be the ek dcp 2.2 and 4.0 pumps. (you'd need to get fittings for the pumps remember, unless you have some already).

edit: that gb setup is pretty old.

Edited by tunksy

as for pump go to the abovie site, best bang for your buck would be the ek dcp 2.2 and 4.0 pumps. (you'd need to get fittings for the pumps remember, unless you have some already).

edit: that gb setup is pretty old.

okay so the pump and a reservoir ? As the one on the gb is all one unit....

I do realize its old now but it has worked and I was hoping to replace only what was not good rather then spending a lot more money... It all comes down to money right now as its all bad timing. I mean i could jsut put a normal fan in like I am running now but was hoping to salvage my cooling system somehow.

Slav

ah i see. well if moneys tight. you can get some reservoirs (also from pccg) that fits that fits either of those pumps i mentioned.

ah i see. well if moneys tight. you can get some reservoirs (also from pccg) that fits that fits either of those pumps i mentioned.

So any of the reservoirs I can use with it?

Slav

the EK DCP 2.2 along with one of the EK multioption reservoirs would be your best bet. You can use it as a pump top or just keep it as a res seperately on the loop. They're fairly narrow reservoirs too, and you can buy mounting clips for them that screw onto the side of your HDD/ODD bays. You'd be looking at around $130 total.

the EK DCP 2.2 along with one of the EK multioption reservoirs would be your best bet. You can use it as a pump top or just keep it as a res seperately on the loop. They're fairly narrow reservoirs too, and you can buy mounting clips for them that screw onto the side of your HDD/ODD bays. You'd be looking at around $130 total.

Thanks Will do

Slav