neubejiita

Found RAM.

I was walking home from the shops one day and it was bulk garbage collection day and I saw a box with some smaller boxes inside labelled as 256 MB RAM and I picked it up and took it home and it had 40 256MB RAM chips for laptops. DDR2-533 256MB memory modules that someone was throwing out. I put one of them into my laptop and upgraded the RAM, but what can I do with the other 39 RAM chips that I now have possession of? It was sitting with some other rubbish so it was not left by accident, but why would someone put out something like this instead of selling it on Ebay? And how much is it worth if I wanted to sell this stuff, as I do not need that many RAM modules and maybe I could put it on Ebay myself.

This story reminds me of the guy that bought a stick of RAM from HN, but it turned out to be 40 sticks of RAM :P

Rob.

This story reminds me of the guy that bought a stick of RAM from HN, but it turned out to be 40 sticks of RAM :P

Rob.

Heh, I was thinking of that also. :P

=) - nice find. I wish I lived in a nice suburb. Our hard rubbish days usually consist of couches that smell faintly of urine.

wow

I haven't seen 256GB of RAM in years

LOL :P

I have a lot of older ram. Even got some 32MB sticks laying around. Just not got around to hoiking it.

Rob.

Heh, I was thinking of that also. :P

+1

That was classic.

Maybe it was him that threw it out?

They got rid of it prob because they couldn't be arsed dealing with it. Some people just can't be arsed.

I have a lot of older ram. Even got some 32MB sticks laying around. Just not got around to hoiking it.

So ur picking on people who don't horde? :p

Edited by kikz

DDR2-533 256MB memory modules that someone was throwing out.

If they were an upgrade for you, then maybe its time for a new system ;)

I have had the pleasure of throwing out boxes of stuff like that myself - Into a skip from 7 floors up :D

Edited by Khirareq

I thought that...........but was feeling benevolent this morning!

Actuall, I emptied the box out and there are actually only 25 left, I used one and open another, so there are 25 unopened boxes. So 25x 256MB = 6400MB according to the calculator on my phone. But what could I get for this old ram? Maybe $10? What would it sell for? I want to get rid of it.

hrmm

I once had 20 pieces of 128MB SDRAM, but I could only install up to 4 in a PC, limiting the usefulness of the vast quantity.

They got rid of it prob because they couldn't be arsed dealing with it. Some people just can't be arsed.

So ur picking on people who don't horde? :p

Eh? Not picking on anyone, I'm one of the worst hoarders around, it's a family tradition. :P

I have had the pleasure of throwing out boxes of stuff like that myself - Into a skip from 7 floors up :D

I used to love throwing shit out, the crt monitor hammer throw was always my favourite.

I used to love throwing shit out, the crt monitor hammer throw was always my favourite.

Ever try Hard Drive Discus? Was quicker than sanitising the bloody things :P

The closest I can come to that... was buying what I thought were 2x16MB sticks of 72-pin EDO... they turned out to be 2x64MB sticks.

I still use them to this day in this box. That hardly beats buying 67 for the price of one, or none for that matter.