bladerx

Reaching 2000mhz Ram on AMD board

Hey all I have just overclocked for the first time, I have 4ghz on the processor and now I am at a point I dont know what to adjust to get my ram up to 2000mhz, this is what I have at the moment:

cpu @ 1.4v

cpu/nb @ 1.2v

vdda @ 2.5v

dram @ 1.65v

ht @ 1.2v

nb @ 1.3v

sb @ 1.1v

working at 16x250

cpu/nb @ 2500mhz

ht link @ 2500mhz

ram @ 1667mhz

I was wondering what I should do from now? I have tried setting to DOCP and profile #1 to no avail, cool'n quiet disabled, c1e support disabled, spread spectrums disabled.

UPDATE:

changed to 14.5x280 so RAM is now at 1867 mhz, using 1.45v on cpu and 1.3 on cpu/nb @ 3080mhz... not 100% stable, crashes around 87 minutes in OCCT - temps dont go past 47 degrees. Any help to stabilise and to get ram higher?

I did try that at an early stage - however I cant remember the results so I will try again, however to set ram past 1600mhz if i get 20x200 do I set it as DOCP? As for my nb speedfan has it on around 43 on load, am I correct that this is a little high? I heard a couple posts saying that a basic rule of thumb is ram:nb is 1:3? Is this correct or should I be lowering the multiplier.

Yeah thats a little high but its not too bad. To get more out of your ram I would try keeping the NB and Hypertransport link as close to stock as possible because these are usually the first things to cause instability - they dont have much head room. After you get the ram going you can then try toying with their speeds and seeing how far you can go. Similarly with your FSB because you are altering alot more than just CPU speed when you are playing with it, theres a good chance that the OC bottleneck could be another component - 280 is really high.

You should be able to manually set yor ram multiplier so that you can get it up to 2000mhz

Thanks for the reply, As for the multiplier if I have fsb at 200 the max option I have is to set it at 1600 which is why I have tried raising it instead of my cpu multiplier. Basically what you are saying is I should set NB and HT at stock, 20x200, however I am a little confused at how you propose I get ram to 2000. Also which voltages will I need to change for this? Raising the cpu as the multiplier goes up, DRAM at 1.65 as rated, what about NB, CPU/NB, VDDA? As for NB temperature what should I be looking at for a maximum temperature and what is getting dangerous?

Just hit 200x20 with 1.375v stable after 20 mins stress test, cpu/nb (1.2v) and ht (1.2v) at auto speeds. Temperatures for the test leave me with bout 34 degrees on the cpu and 45 peaks for nb averaging at 40. Ram is at 1.65v and its highest multiplier at 1600mhz, where should I go from here? Also out of interest I tried upping the cpu multiplier to 20.5 and 1.4v and error after 4 minutes of stress.