Morgoth

LAMS Approved road bikes

This is what I ride, and yes they are all LAMS :) You don't have to limit yourself to 250cc (unless you live in WA) and when you get your R licence you can reprogram the chip on the bike so you have full power, or in my Yamaha's case just change the jets in the carbies.

Posted Image

Yamaha XVS650 V star cruiser classic. Or if you want something sporty try these for size,

Yamaha XJ6XL

Hyosung GT650

Hyosung GV650

My Yamaha is now two years old and it is due for its 40k service and I have not had to replace anything on it yet, not even front brake pads. :)

Edited by bowiee

I had a 2010 LAMS white model. Looks really nice and has decent low end torque, and handle long rides with ease. I prefer the semi-upright seating position, but because of the weight, I wouldn't recommend it to smaller unskilled riders. They also get a really nice deep, mean sound with a proper pipe on it too.

EDIT: Here's mine

Edited by AIMBOT

I'm picking up one of these in about 2 weeks (WR250R) - All pre-approved and waiting for me to get my Ls, and my Stay Upright course is a bit over a week away

Getting it in exchange for smoking - I know I should quit, but couldn't work out a reason to stay on track for the long run. Since April 1st I've cut my smoking back from a pack every day or two, down to still on the same pack of tobacco I brought end of March. Bike or smokes, and mentally I've gone "Bikebikebike-should-of-done-this-years-ago-dickhead-bikebikebike"

Posted Image

Not really for road use, maybe getting around town a bit, but main idea is tow it down to a bit of bush, leave the car and trailer as base camp, and just go out and explore all those back tracks and national parks this country has to offer (Bit of camping, bit of hunting, bit of play). Used to do it heaps as a kid, but it's not as easy as it once was (Local cops used to turn a blind eye to my YZ as they knew I wasn't being a dick and stayed out of public view - No such joys these days)

Seeing everyone else getting into bikes makes me even more keen - Fscking smokes :P

Edited by Khirareq

vtr250 is a great bike

i've been on mine for over 3 years now - rock solid commuter, and easily does 80-90kph around town in great comfort

also does >130kph on the freeway and feels great (haven't done any major distances though), but anything over an hour and your arse will be wanting a rest

Thanks for that, if the bike is good should be taking it home tomorrow, chuffed!

But now I want this benelli TNT cafe racer 1130cc inline triple !

Zomg!

Posted Image

Edited by Morgoth

Ahh Benelli, takes me back to the early 70's and their 6 cylinder motorcycle. It was a disaster as if you got it off balance it was hard to hold it up, but it did sound sweet as I remember. But compared to say a Kawasaki 900cc you would pick the 4cylinder Kawasaki every time.

And here is a pic,

Posted Image

Ahh Benelli, takes me back to the early 70's and their 6 cylinder motorcycle. It was a disaster as if you got it off balance it was hard to hold it up, but it did sound sweet as I remember. But compared to say a Kawasaki 900cc you would pick the 4cylinder Kawasaki every time.

And here is a pic,

Posted Image

Ha saw one of them race at Symmons Plains yonks ago. God awful cornering ability due to the exhausts banging on the deck. Pretty quick in a straight line for the time though.

They also did a 900cc version

Dunno about his stupid upchange blips though. Dumb.

Just test rode the vtr250.

Wow it's like easier than anything, love it!

Trying to buy it, seems in good nic!

Looks in pretty good condition, how much was it if you don't mind my asking. :) Anyhoo enjoy your ride mate and keep the shiny side up. ;)

nice, its a black one too :)

good choice on the vtr - you should be very happy with it.

Looks in pretty good condition, how much was it if you don't mind my asking. :) Anyhoo enjoy your ride mate and keep the shiny side up. ;)

And where is the bloody fun in that ? ;{p

Cheers guys, paid $2,600 for it, with new front tyre and pit pass certificate

Sweet some good buying there IMHO. :)

Yeah I'm more stoked each time I look at it!

I went and got it registered, trouble free, in my name with a brand new plate.

Thursday will be the day I take it out, it's the only time between work I can get to the shop I'm getting the gear from

Yeah I'm more stoked each time I look at it!

I went and got it registered, trouble free, in my name with a brand new plate.

Thursday will be the day I take it out, it's the only time between work I can get to the shop I'm getting the gear from

Where are you based?

If sydney i know action motorcycles in parramatta were having some equipment / gear sale i think.

also MCA in auburn has a huuuge range. Nice big warehouse.

the one thing i'd suggest out of all the gear is to spend your time with the helmet selection. But since you ride quads you should know what works what doesn't for you :)

Keep her shiney side up.

Also for those in Syd is anyone interested in a "Atomic ride"? i wouldn't mind going for a cruse once my shoulder is happier (which should be soon!)

Thanks,

I'm in north Tasmania, already zeroed in on a shop with nice gear at a good price, got all my dirt bike gear from there.

I've got the rego and learner plate mounted now, but the huge as shit learner plate covers my low rear reflecter, anyone think it would be an issue?

I've got the rego and learner plate mounted now, but the huge as shit learner plate covers my low rear reflecter, anyone think it would be an issue?

I found that using cable ties worked best when trying to position the L/P plates out of the way like this. Otherwise, it shouldn't be a problem with your brake light working.

I might drill the l plate, take off the reflector, then mount it back over the bottom of the l plate, I just need to see if it covers any of the "L" or not.

Alternatively, I can buy a reflective strip and stick in on the bottom of the l plate

Here's the rear of one, to show you what I mean

Posted Image

It's ironic that this thread pops up just after Easter - having followed Dad and his mates around on their bikes (I was driving), the thought of going for my motorcycle licence has popped up again.

Nice looking beast Morgoth! Looks a beauty for a starter bike!

I know here in VIC we have two-day riding courses at different facilities, as Dad used to be a motorcycle instructor for VicRoads before they did away with in-traffic tests he got to visit the different places to see how well they performed. Considering going to HART - Honda Australia Rider Training and doing a two-day learner course.