Morgoth

LAMS Approved road bikes

HART is pretty fun. Make sure you get a chance to ride around a little bit on their little scooters during your lunch break or something.

Considering going to HART - Honda Australia Rider Training and doing a two-day learner course.

In NSW I don't think we have a choice, but the HART instructors were really good. I was really awesome and knew everything, but they gave special attention to the less skilled riders to catch them up. They even passed the one who almost went under a truck during out P's test.

Considering going to HART - Honda Australia Rider Training and doing a two-day learner course.

They even passed the one who almost went under a truck during out P's test.

Pure accident? Or inattention? Because I bet there goes another statistic.

They even passed the one who almost went under a truck during out P's test.

prob just freaked out on the clutch and let it go. Any revs on the engine and dropping that lever on a bike = your suddenly 10 + meters down the road

I rode about 100k today roughly!

I spent about $1,000 all up on gear, got looked after well !!

Helmet

+ spare visor (tinted)

Gloves

Jacket with zip out liner, air vents, adjustments, CE approved.

Proper boots

Draggins Kevlar jeans

Trouser and jacket wet weather condoms

Good chain lube

Little backpack to carry small items.

All good so far, had to give some idiot the finger already :D

Okay next step, which insurers should I look at in Tasmania??

I'll likely only get 3rd party + fire/theft.

Swann?

Insuremyride?

Suggestions would be nice, thanks

She just pulled out onto the highway in front of it. The driver saw us and started changing lanes to give us a wide margin of error, because she was centimetres away from being cleaned up.

Okay next step, which insurers should I look at in Tasmania??

I'll likely only get 3rd party + fire/theft.

Swann?

Insuremyride?

Suggestions would be nice, thanks

Insure my ride without doubt ! I have been with them from the start, and no one can beat their price. Plus when the roo hit me they not only picked up the bike and sent it for repairs in Brisbane northern suburbs, but they also delivered it to my door in Ipswich when it was repaired, all part of the service.

If I were you I would get comprehensive insurance so you get some money back to buy another should the worse happen. Oh and you can also insure your riding gear as well, very handy indeed. :)

Edited by bowiee

Comprehensive for the first year might be worthwhile if they don't rape you too hard and set the premium to 50% of the insured value.

Comprehensive for the first year might be worthwhile if they don't rape you too hard and set the premium to 50% of the insured value.

Well I have a rating one, and I admit I am an old fart, but for an agreed value of $10,999.00 on my Yamaha it cost me for this year $295.00.

Insure my ride sucked when i was looking. They were most expensive, with higher premiums, and higher inexperienced rider premium. Only benefit was that they would insure more personal effects, so i could replace my laptop in the backpack if i come off.

I ended up with swann, considerably cheaper, and the only real diff is that they dont cover a great deal of extras.

You have years of experience Bowiee, not to mention a full/open licence.

Online Quote for Insuremyride with gear cover was $960 for comp -_-

Swann has awesome deals, takes into account that I've had a drivers license for over 5 years =]

Very cheap cover, are they good?

Im with Swann.

insure my rides premiums on the 1000cc sports bikes made me cry.

Swann also covers my jacket, helmet etc.

Speaking of carrying things like laptops etc. Get yourself a tank bag or a rear mounted bag. Much much more comfortable to carry stuff when it's not on you. Also from a crash perspective it's better not having things on your body that can potential damage you as you contemplate life as you slide along the road :P

In saying that hopefully this doesn't happen to you though :)

Speaking of carrying things like laptops etc. Get yourself a tank bag

Tank Bags for FTW. Much better than rear mount carriers.

Insure my ride sucked when i was looking. They were most expensive, with higher premiums, and higher inexperienced rider premium. Only benefit was that they would insure more personal effects, so i could replace my laptop in the backpack if i come off.

They were by far the most expensive when I was looking in 2010. My first bike was only $3.5k and comprehensive was $1500 with ~$600 excess with them. I remember their theft coverage was $900 too. I ended up with NRMA because I got decent discounts as an existing member, but only got 3rd party coverage.

I didn't have a chance to get insurance for the GT650 before I had the accident, but the other driver was completely at fault. Dealing with AAMI and GIO as part of that was a nightmare until my lawyer started sending them all my request :-)

+1 for tank bags too. An hour long ride with a light backpack is to uncomfortable, but you don't notice a tank bag.

Right, I'm insured with Swann.

$300p/a for Full Comprehensive $3,500 agreed value (I payed $2,600 for the bike) including additional gear cover also =D

Edited by Morgoth

Right, I'm insured with Swann.

$300p/a for Full Comprehensive $3,500 agreed value (I payed $2,600 for the bike) including additional gear cover also =D

Congrats! welcome to owning a bike. greatest .. thing... ever!

You have years of experience Bowiee, not to mention a full/open licence.

Yep your right, I did an online quote as a younger person who just got their licence and ouch ! But before I renewed this year I did quotes else where including AAMI where I have two cars insured and even they wanted over $400. So I guess Insure my ride is really for the experienced rider who has held his licence for years.

Any way glad you got your insurance sorted Morgoth, comprehensive is they way to go because if you have an accident and you are in the right it avoids the problems pointed out by Aimbot. :)

Edited by bowiee

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the outcome, cheers.

I've done about 200k in sun wet day night wind you name it,

Figured I'd just get stuck into if and not puss out, I would feel a bit silly if I had ridden 6 months but only when it was sunny and nice!

Also I'm pretty over all these random acquaintances of mine giving the ol' "make sure you be careful" and "be sure to get gear and boots"

My response to all these people soon will be something along the lines of "oh thanks, until you just mentioned that, my life goal was to do 180kmh in undies and a wife beater"

-_-

Okay first Mileage check!

4.05L per 100KM - yay

Or ~58MPG in the old money

Running BP Ultimate 98!

I will run a couple of tanks of 91 through it to see if there's any difference in this carbed bike between the fuels in regard to power/fuel consumption.

Okay first Mileage check!

4.05L per 100KM - yay

Or ~58MPG in the old money

Running BP Ultimate 98!

I will run a couple of tanks of 91 through it to see if there's any difference in this carbed bike between the fuels in regard to power/fuel consumption.

Carburetor = dumb fuel system. With fuel injection the system will recognise high octane fuel and adjust the fuel/air mix accordingly, with a carbie its irrelevant if you use 91 or 95/98. But do not use E10 its just crap full stop.