the_pest_xxvi

Windows phone 7

It's just a shame that MS has allowed this to be the case, I wonder how Apple gets around it?

Balls. They're clutching them.

yes,steve jobs loves balls....sign up an he will take yours too!

back on topic, which is the best of HTC WP7 phones at the moment? the mozart looks good,but its locked to telestra...

It's just a shame that MS has allowed this to be the case, I wonder how Apple gets around it?

Balls. They're clutching them.

Balls. Have carriers prevented customers from installing iOS updates from iTunes?

ill have a google of that HTC HD7....becuase you cant buy the dell here its out..

Unlocked phones get updates as soon as Microsoft release them.

If carriers block one update the contents are automatically released with the next update.

ill have a google of that HTC HD7....becuase you cant buy the dell here its out..

Get the Mozart I picked one up on the weekend and its been amazing. I told telstra I wasn't signing up if it was locked as I require to use another carriers sim card for work. 10 mins later I had a fully unlocked mozart.

Get the Mozart I picked one up on the weekend and its been amazing. I told telstra I wasn't signing up if it was locked as I require to use another carriers sim card for work. 10 mins later I had a fully unlocked mozart.

so i could buy it, (how much is it?) and put my vodafone sim in it?

Edited by jdog

I dont think you have a spare $800 sitting around for a phone. its currently available on a $49 cap 24 month contract.

Vodafone = ewwwwwwwwwww

except they have the desire HD/ Trophy?

yeah i dont have the money atm (and my current phone going fine) i just wanted to see what they go for and such...

i see those as something to look at down the track in a year or two (or more)..

Edited by jdog

There will be something better come then and you will hopefully have a decent job then too.

Edited by mudg3

Screw being with anyone but Telstra in Australia.

I had to go through the TIO to get out of my Optus contract because their network is so fucking shit.

yeah i dont have the money atm (and my current phone going fine) i just wanted to see what they go for and such...

i see those as something to look at down the track in a year or two (or more)..

Vodafone sell the HTC Trophy for $700 outright (not sure about it being locked or not). I got mine at online store (unlocked) but a lot of online stores sell the same phone at much higher prices.

I had to go through the TIO to get out of my Optus contract because their network is so fucking shit.

Pretty much, I live in the valley in Brisbane and every provider bar telstra has drop-outs no data sessions pretty much shit.

Pretty much, I live in the valley in Brisbane and every provider bar telstra has drop-outs no data sessions pretty much shit.

I'm guessing they all share the same Telstra tower and voice traffic gets priority over data, so voice traffic and Telstra NextG is good but any other mobile ISP data traffic will be flakey.

I'm guessing they all share the same Telstra tower and voice traffic gets priority over data, so voice traffic and Telstra NextG is good but any other mobile ISP data traffic will be flakey.

Fortitude Valley is pretty much still "in the city", so there would be plenty of towers from all the telcos, but the terrain is very hilly, so there are loads of blackspots, no matter what telco you're with.

Fortitude Valley is pretty much still "in the city", so there would be plenty of towers from all the telcos, but the terrain is very hilly, so there are loads of blackspots, no matter what telco you're with.

Makes sense, I live in a telco blackspot called Darwin (Telstra pretty much own most of the towers here). I lived in Brissy for a few years, a lot more hills than Darwin which is a rather flat place.

Edited by Jeruselem

Im thinking of getting a mozart, but iv never owned a smartphone before so i am a bit apprehensive :S

How easy are they to use/set up and all that jazz :S

Im thinking of getting a mozart, but iv never owned a smartphone before so i am a bit apprehensive :S

How easy are they to use/set up and all that jazz :S

Took 5 mins to open it put my sim card in and set everything up at the bus stop.

Zune sync is great for music and any pictures.

Don't worry about not knowing how to use the phone. Just sit tight and enjoy the out of box experience (OOBE). Chances are, it'll go through the process of teaching you how the most common things work, including how to put in the SIM card.

Manufacturers all try to optimise the OOBE because it gives quite a lasting impact on what users think of the product.

w00t! Got me HTC Trophy and copied all my contacts over.

The Windows Mobile 7 screen lock confused me for a while.

Time to retire my old Nokia 6131.

One annoying thing, the USB charging cable connects to the bottom of the phone.

Doesn't want to cooperate with our current wireless router at work ... but a friend with an Android Samsing Galaxy has the same issue. Could be the antiquated router we use (which also hates Vista wireless).

Edited by Jeruselem

I'd prefer a bottom charger for any future possible dock setup they release in updates.

Actually, it's on the side near the bottom. I tend to use my phone with the charger attached sometimes.