the_pest_xxvi

Windows phone 7

Oh, I certainly don't disagree with you on that point. All my phones are MicroUSB! :)

What frustrates though, is that connecting to anything other than the 3.5mm jack for audio out requires drivers/media handlers on the other end of that cord, which would stop me being able to buy a $30 clock radio with a docking port, or a neat car kit with GPS antennae built in. That's the things I'd like. I'm a dirty consumer ;)

It's why I went for the Malaysian version of my Sony MP3 Player. It has Sony's WM-PORT, which allows me to use the neat dock that sony built for it, the car kit that I have hooked into my head-unit that allows charging and audio playback as well as working as a better FM antenna, and possibly some other crap I haven't thought of yet ;)

Oh, I certainly don't disagree with you on that point. All my phones are MicroUSB! :)

What frustrates though, is that connecting to anything other than the 3.5mm jack for audio out requires drivers/media handlers on the other end of that cord, which would stop me being able to buy a $30 clock radio with a docking port, or a neat car kit with GPS antennae built in. That's the things I'd like. I'm a dirty consumer ;)

It's why I went for the Malaysian version of my Sony MP3 Player. It has Sony's WM-PORT, which allows me to use the neat dock that sony built for it, the car kit that I have hooked into my head-unit that allows charging and audio playback as well as working as a better FM antenna, and possibly some other crap I haven't thought of yet ;)

I can't be bothered with a separate MP3 player now (I do have a Sony 1GB MP3 player somewhere ...).

The WP7 music player is a bit basic but hey I can look at videos on the thing.

Only reason I got a seperate player is that I listen to music 12 hours out of the 24 ;) A phones battery can't handle the use I give it I've found.

I have a few questions for WP7 users…

Is there any way you can modify the theme of the UI? I know you can change colours etc. via the settings menu but is there a way to download custom made themes etc?

Also does anybody know of any third party file management system so I can simply dump files onto the phone without going through Zune?

Sorry if these have already been brought up in the thread, just don't want to go through each page. :)

Cheers,

I have a few questions for WP7 users…

Is there any way you can modify the theme of the UI? I know you can change colours etc. via the settings menu but is there a way to download custom made themes etc?

Also does anybody know of any third party file management system so I can simply dump files onto the phone without going through Zune?

Sorry if these have already been brought up in the thread, just don't want to go through each page. :)

Cheers,

1. The front UI is still a bunch of squares and rectangles ... but you can rearrange and add icons to apps, images videos and even web sites. Can't see any other way to customise it as yet.

2. Not that I have seen as yet (assuming you don't want to dismember the phone to get to micro SD card)

Edited by Jeruselem

Mac client is a simple file manager isn't it? Since there is no Zune.

Not sure if there's any kind of "jailbreak" similar product for PC though. Personally I like Zune, shits on iTunes.

Mac client is a simple file manager isn't it? Since there is no Zune.

Not sure if there's any kind of "jailbreak" similar product for PC though. Personally I like Zune, shits on iTunes.

Don't mind Zune but I'd like some features from Windows Media player in it like an EQ.

OK, I finally installed 7.0.7390 via Zune.

Step 8 of 10 is really slow and takes like 45 minutes so DO NOT anything weird like disconnecting the phone during the process.

You can connect directly and use the phone as a mass media device wth a registry hack (on your computer) so it has to be done on any other computer you want to dump files onto.

btw I'm on step 7 of the update at the moment.

edit: there is also a "jailbreak" type thing available. from memory it isn't available for all phones though, just samsungs (hence my lack of interest)

Edited by fliptopia