Sign in to follow this  
jdog

Can you still buy monitor power and vga/dvi cables?

i currently have a 17" compucon TN monitor hooked up my computer,its going well but before it i had a 17" HP one.I also have a 17"AOC one as well and both the HP and AOC died becuase of fulty cables (power and vga) so becuase i still have them (there sitting on my other desk right now) im wondering would i be able to buy from a shop the cables i need to get them up and running again.So that i can connect 2 or all 3 together for my screen space for the time being while i save up for the 27" u2711 dell im looking at buying..

becuase a lot of monitors these day are DVI,would finding VGA cable be diffuclt?

i think one or all of them may have dvi output as well.ill have to check...

VGA cables are dirt cheap and the 3 prong power cables are cheap as well.

DVI would be a better option for a crisper picture, but I've found some monitors are hard to get the proper DVI cables for, like my mates monitor.

cool,now to go to the local pc shop and pick up 3 dvi cables and 2 3 prong power cables.

and later a cheap ati 5xxx GPU for 17" eyefintiy! (woot)

Edited by jdog

and the 3 prong power cables are cheap as well.

Correction; SHOULD be cheap. Some stores try to rape $15 bucks for one. I'm always one or two short. The government is now missing some power cables :P (they were being disposed of)

oh,i look out for cheap ones then.... Not nasty. Also does anyone know if the nvidia 9600GT is capable of running two screens off of a single card?

Edited by jdog

oh,i look out for cheap ones then.... Not nasty. Also does anyone know if the nvidia 9600GT is capable of running two screens off of a single card?

Yep, 2 screens should be fine.

just found out one port is vga and the other is DVI (is dvi the ojne with alot of holes and is long) also i try one of the screens out and found that its most lily dead but the other is fine (so fine fine infact it got pinched by my dad....oh well)

ill try and find one.. only now i have 2 monitors not 3.... (one is currently hooked up and running,the other may not work...)

as for the 3rd one well,my dad discovered the effectivness of hooking a 2nd screen to a laptop....