Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
lammbo

PC Chair

I am looking for a new PC chair. I want one that is nice and will do good in summer.

I remember seeing one in GearBox not too long ago but I don't have the issue anymore. Does anyone have the details of it? Or can recomend a new chair?

Cheers.

I just broke my 40 kmart chair and the duct tape isnt holding. Those Living edges chair look like they are worth more than my house

Depends how much time you spend in front of the screen, dude.

I have one from Officeworks that's adjustable 9 ways from Sunday, and cost about $180 (from memory) about 5 years ago. It's not as nice as the one I had before that which was less adjustable, but it cost about half as much, too.

Point is, a chair like the Living Edge range will last you quite a while. If you spend a lot of time in it, it's worth spending some dough on it. The fact that some people are happy to forgo comfort for a few dollars is more indicative of incorrect priorities than the value of a good seat.

I paid $300 for a seat from HN about 30 months ago, its broken several times since then and I'm still using it, it is the most comfortable (desk) chair I have ever sat in, would probably still be in good nick too if I wasn't a fat bastard.

I'm using a shitty Ikea dinner table chair.

Fuck me my arse gets sore in this thing.

I've only held off buying a proper chair because my place is so small.

If I move my clothes line outside I might actually have some more room, but fuck that. :P Natural light is for suckers.

I'm just using a high-back fabric chair (I don't like leather) that I bought from Officeworks in very early 2005 for like $70-80.

It's still comfortable, and still going strong. :)

I think this is it... but my arm rests are VERY slightly different.

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/produ...airs/OWBIRKDALE

Or for more comfort...

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/produ...Chairs/OWKOMOHB

And for the racing fans among you... :P

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/produ...-Chairs/OWRACER

Edited by Reb1rth.

Who makes those knockoff Aeron chairs? I want one.

If you're referring to mykl's link, those ARE Aeron chairs.

i have been using this chair for a few years now and rather like it due to the high back and being cool with the aircon blowing down my back threw it

Posted Image

its starting to get a bit tatty now but for $100 its done its job well might have to grab anther in the next year or so

i have seen them at stores like northern timber and barbeques galore

only problem with it is i have to pile in and out over the side as its not on wheels to slide in and out from the desk

Im aware; i'm reffering to the konckoffs that featured in atomic not too long ago.

Aeron may be superceded by even better chairs now.

Check out this comprehensive thread.

EDIT: fixed url.

Edited by Virtuoso

Aeron may be superceded by even better chairs now.

Check out this comprehensive thread.

FTFY

Anyway, I'm using an old office chair and it does the job. The other one was a spare from an office renovation. Given the back support is fubared, it still does the job alright.

Im aware; i'm reffering to the konckoffs that featured in atomic not too long ago.

I think you're reffering to this

An 'Aeron Inspired Chair' IIRC

Looks pretty good and for $240 cant really go wrong

/edit: spelling/

Edited by lordsid

Crikey that looks uncomfortable, Dasa. Also, isnt your eye-line meant to be at the top of the screen such that you are looking down at a slight angle at the monitor?

Certain officeworks stores have a red/black car bucket seat chair for 129 bucks.

Sat on it, and it is comfortable as hell, fabric is pleather though but foam is pretty good and rigid.

Cant go wrong with officeworks chairs imo

Ive had a high backed mesh officeworks chair for about 7 years now and while the armrests are cracked and messy bits of foam from my sharp elbows the chair is still comforable. i think i paid $300 for it back then.

Those alleged Aeron knock-offs only have mesh at the back, not the bottom ... so, they're not even close to an actual Aeron, sorry.

Crikey that looks uncomfortable, Dasa. Also, isnt your eye-line meant to be at the top of the screen such that you are looking down at a slight angle at the monitor?

I don’t think it makes that much of a difrence with the angle you are looking at the screen.

I am not a tall guy so when I look at my screen I would say I am 3rd of a way up it. Looks fine to me.

Now to bring my comment to the thread.

I use an office works chair that is probably about 5 years old not really sure.(Love it really nice)

I was using a cheap $30 office work chair but it became really un comfortable to sit in it for long periods of time.

The only bonus of the cheap chair was the fact that it didn’t have any arms.

Arms I find can be both a blessing and a hindrance.

I have to lower my chair to fit it under the desk to get closer to the screen because the arms of the chair.

Seriously consider the arms of the chair before buying your chair and the height of the desk.

thats it tilted right back it also slides into a upright position at much the same angle as a normal chair

just lock it to the angle you want with a flip lock on the side so basically its a recliner

my legs run into the desk before it goes back that far but it would be nice to have my monitor on a arm so that i could lay back and have it positioned over my head anyone know of a good stand with a long arm that can handle a 27" 11kg monitor? :)

eye line should be fairly central to the monitor i think but it doesnt matter so much with a good quality monitor

currently eye line is just below the middle only trouble is im looking down my nose a little

Edited by Dasa