Lambo

F1 2010 - Atomic Championship

Are we using AI drivers to fill the grid up or will it just be real drivers?

Perhaps there will be a minimum quote to be met, where AI drivers will fill if that quota is not met? Otherwise I'm happy to just have real life drivers only (if for eg there's 15+ drivers).

You can't put AI drivers in Multiplayer full stop, and MP is limited to 12 players.....

K. It's not technically true. You can't put AI in Online multiplay. I was looking at Multiplay LAN at work and you could :p

e: mebe if there are heaps of interest we just run two championships and a an uber championship of the top 6 from each :)

Edited by kikz

Are we using AI drivers to fill the grid up or will it just be real drivers?

Perhaps there will be a minimum quote to be met, where AI drivers will fill if that quota is not met? Otherwise I'm happy to just have real life drivers only (if for eg there's 15+ drivers).

You can't put AI drivers in Multiplayer full stop, and MP is limited to 12 players.....

K. It's not technically true. You can't put AI in Online multiplay. I was looking at Multiplay LAN at work and you could :p

e: mebe if there are heaps of interest we just run two championships and a an uber championship of the top 6 from each :)

Oh I see.....well LAN doesn't really help us that much....:P

Well the thing is, is everyone going to be available at the agreed time?

Maybe there are some people that can't make some races, and someone could stand in for them perhaps?

Lets make a few rules here...

1. If you compete in the current championship, you are not allowed to compete in the next one, to keep fresh players coming in.

2. The top six from Championship 1 and Championship 2 at the end of each season will be automatically entered into Championship #3.

Other than that it's not a bad idea.

If it turns out that the agreed time is after 5pm on a Sunday, give my spot to Rebirth.

We will try and be flexible for all players.

Good luck to you PC master race racers! I hope it runs as successfully as our first Forza 3 championship did (the glorious Mazda MX-5 championship), that was a relatively smooth operation with lots of excellent racing. I also hope that someone can FRAPS a race or two for those of us who aren't racing to posthumously watch?

Speaking of consoles racers, where are they all now? /trundles back to forum=67

Good luck to you PC master race racers! I hope it runs as successfully as our first Forza 3 championship did (the glorious Mazda MX-5 championship), that was a relatively smooth operation with lots of excellent racing. I also hope that someone can FRAPS a race or two for those of us who aren't racing to posthumously watch?

lol, that forza 3 championship was great fun...especially when I pit manuevered BFM and sent him spiralling into the gravel, just so I could win one for once. (No, it wasn't on purpose :P)

We should do a GT5 one once its released.

You do that.

Not sure if the coldness was intentional, but what?

lol, that forza 3 championship was great fun...especially when I pit manuevered BFM and sent him spiralling into the gravel, just so I could win one for once. (No, it wasn't on purpose :P)

We should do a GT5 one once its released.

GT5 series for sure.

I damn near picked up F1 for PC today, despite having a border line specced PC. Combination of this thread, all the hype (good and bad) at GAF plus the fixed camera mod (changes the FOV to something far more appreciable) damn near had me reaching for the wallet.

Alas, I have to pay for an insulin pump very soon, and gaming will take a back seat :( Actually a really big, nay HUGE, :D.

I also hope that someone can FRAPS a race or two for those of us who aren't racing to posthumously watch?

Please do this

I'd really like to see it (I haven't got the game, and wouldn't be available very often, but wanna see some/all of it)

I also hope that someone can FRAPS a race or two for those of us who aren't racing to posthumously watch?

Please do this

I'd really like to see it (I haven't got the game, and wouldn't be available very often, but wanna see some/all of it)

Doable, but it would all be from the driver's perspective... no fancy sweeping cameras if we do it like this.

Please do this

Doable, but it would all be from the driver's perspective... no fancy sweeping cameras if we do it like this.

That's ok, nothing wrong with that

It'd be pretty cool from that perspective...

Just a heads up guys that I'll be having to take a work trip to New Zealand the weekend of October 30. That should be the only weekend I'll be unavailable to play for the forseeable future.

I am going to be so crap at this

Unless ur using keyboard you've got a good chance of being competitive. I, at least, am time restricted by how much I can play/practice, not having time to game during the week.

I'm expressing my interest in this, just in case there is a second Championship on I want an RBR! :D

Unless ur using keyboard you've got a good chance of being competitive. I, at least, am time restricted by how much I can play/practice, not having time to game during the week.

Using the 360 controller but am in the same boat in regards to practice

I'm using the 360 controller too. Tried it last night with all assists off, and it's way harder.

Mainly I keep spinning going through tight corners and braking in time for a corner is a little challenging. Both of which is why I had medium traction control and the racing line on.

I think I'll be lucky if I don't come last.

Still yet to see what no auto pit limiter and assists is like.

I'm expressing my interest in this, just in case there is a second Championship on I want an RBR! :D

I was thinking, seeing as there's only 12 per championship, the cars taken in champ 1 shouldn't be available for champ 2. So like Ferrari, Mercedes works, Renault, etc, will be available for champ 2, then for champ 3 you won't get like 4 RBR cars going around :)

I'm using the 360 controller too. Tried it last night with all assists off, and it's way harder.

Mainly I keep spinning going through tight corners and braking in time for a corner is a little challenging. Both of which is why I had medium traction control and the racing line on.

I think I'll be lucky if I don't come last.

Still yet to see what no auto pit limiter and assists is like.

I went straight into it with no assists and it is quite hard. The main thing to remember is to be carefull when putting the throttle on, especially if you've run a bit wide. Try to remember what surfaces/corners you can put more throttle down on and what corners you can't. Practice makes perfect.

Using the 360 controller but am in the same boat in regards to practice

Yeah me too, I don't play any games during the week.

I was doing alright with keyboard the other day - A couple of races I was only about 30-40 seconds behind the person next ahead of me.

You gotta accel when your pointing straight ahead, other wise trying to even just slightly turn while acceling you spin out hardcore.

Im up for some multiplayer action around Melbourne or bahrain or spa currently.

They are the only courses I know well enough to have no driving line on :-)

Add me to your GFWL

OringalBollum