Lambo

F1 2010 - Atomic Championship

Looks good!

oh and anyone got a DisplayPort -> DVI powered adapter they want to give me out of the kindness of their heart. Then I could have 3 monitors :)

Posted Image

Edited by kikz

Hey our session this Sunday will start 5 minutes after the F1 Japan telecast finishes. Yes, I think we'll be 'in the mood'.

Cool!

Is there still a spot free? I have the game (I suck :P) and I have my Fanatec wheel working flawlessly with it now.

If there is a spot, I'll go back on Ghost's team if thats cool.

Cheers.

TrackIR 5 arrived and had a bit of a go. Initial impressions - wow. Just beautiful freedom, being able to smoothly look everywhere. It's ultra fluid and settings let you adjust stuff like panning speed and smoothness, and set deadzones.

Onto the track and uh-oh. Now I remember why I don't like Track IR with racing sims, it's a serious distraction. With a fixed cockpit everything is rock solid and positioning the car can be exquisitely accurate. Track IR introduces a swinging vision that's impossible to compensate for. It's awesome fun and I'd play with it in single player, for sure. But it's costing 5 secs a lap +, so not such a great solution for the serious competitive stuff...

Fiddling with the settings not such a help, though I remain hopeful there's a perfect profile out there, or I can make one, that gives me very slight view with a big fat deadzone, just so I can look to the side and make sure I'm on target for a nice fatal ramming.

99% likely won't be introducing this upgrade for this weekend's session.

I want in sooo bad my eyes just started bleeding.

Can I play? PLEASE!!!!!!

I'm fast... or so my missus tells me :)

Can I play? PLEASE!!!!!!

Just like with ur missus, if you hang around at the right time, you might just get in for a go :p

Last weekend we had a full grid in theory. In practice we had a few empty slots.

I've started blogging Track Guides for each circuit, documenting my experience turn by turn and what I think the is the best approach to each corner. The plan is to also include setup information.

Everyone except Lambo and Flouncy are welcome to check it out :p

Bugger. I was tempted to join but I might sit this one out. My Logitech Driving Force EX is acting up in F1 2010... :(

Can I play? PLEASE!!!!!!

Just like with ur missus, if you hang around at the right time, you might just get in for a go :p

Last weekend we had a full grid in theory. In practice we had a few empty slots.

I've started blogging Track Guides for each circuit, documenting my experience turn by turn and what I think the is the best approach to each corner. The plan is to also include setup information.

Everyone except Lambo and Flouncy are welcome to check it out :p

You are a better man than me, my thousands of hours of experience playing race sims, all the way back to 'Virtua Racer' on Sega 32, are MINE dammit! I'm not good at sharing. lol.

So If I'm lurking about when the race is close to starting, magic slots of emptiness may just spring up and give me a chance? nice.. what is the next step??

PM me your Windows Live ID. I will add you and on Sunday if a spot is free, your welcome to join. Should be ok.

TrackIR 5 arrived and had a bit of a go. Initial impressions - wow. Just beautiful freedom, being able to smoothly look everywhere. It's ultra fluid and settings let you adjust stuff like panning speed and smoothness, and set deadzones.

Onto the track and uh-oh. Now I remember why I don't like Track IR with racing sims, it's a serious distraction. With a fixed cockpit everything is rock solid and positioning the car can be exquisitely accurate. Track IR introduces a swinging vision that's impossible to compensate for. It's awesome fun and I'd play with it in single player, for sure. But it's costing 5 secs a lap +, so not such a great solution for the serious competitive stuff...

Fiddling with the settings not such a help, though I remain hopeful there's a perfect profile out there, or I can make one, that gives me very slight view with a big fat deadzone, just so I can look to the side and make sure I'm on target for a nice fatal ramming.

99% likely won't be introducing this upgrade for this weekend's session.

Use it!! You know you want to :)

You say you can set dead zone etc, can't you just try a huge dead zone? Or are there so many controls you prefer a pre made profile so as not to waste hours just fiddling with settings?

Youtube inspiration time.

The absolute all time greatest in-car cam hot lap vid that leaves you wet and hard is Senna at Monaco in 1989. But it seems the internet has deleted that.

So we'll have to make do with the second best F1 lap vid of all time. Yes, IMHO. Button (of all...), in an explosive, precision machine gun burst of Honda V10 perfection, qualifying to first around Imola in 2004. Set volume to max and enjoy the best sounding F1 engine of the generation, driven exquisitely on the micro edge. BAM BAM BAM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3FvxzTXDY

Edited by Flouncy

Youtube inspiration time.

The absolute all time greatest in-car cam hot lap vid that leaves you wet and hard is Senna at Monaco in 1989. But it seems the internet has deleted that.

So we'll have to make do with the second best F1 lap vid of all time. Yes, IMHO. Button (of all...), in an explosive, precision machine gun burst of Honda V10 perfection, qualifying to first around Imola in 2004. Set volume to max and enjoy the best sounding F1 engine of the generation, driven exquisitely on the micro edge. BAM BAM BAM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3FvxzTXDY

This seems to be a part of it, however there is a voice over and backing music, and it cuts to differenet angles from time to time, but it's a sample if you will...

http://vimeo.com/3164992

That's it, exactly the vid I was aiming for.

I've never seen that vid minus the voice over and eagle music theme. Have grown used to it, but wow eh. The intensity! This is why we love Senna (not Bruno).

Guess you've seen the sneak peak of the new Senna movie then Flouncy? If not there's a link on James Allen's Blog.

Guess you've seen the sneak peak of the new Senna movie then Flouncy? If not there's a link on James Allen's Blog.

I hadn't! Cheers for that, just watched the trailer, looks fantastic.

BTW Flouncy, did you enjoy the Shell Commercial with the F1 legends of the past? If not, here's the video again. :P

Hadn't seen that either, it's brilliant!

So it's gonna be an interesting session tomorrow.

China - crazy first corner and almost entire track is ok for overtaking.

Catalunya - beautifully fluid, need to be 'in the groove'.

Monaco - about 50 meters of potential overtaking opportunity, provided about ten different elements all fall precisely into place, chance for disaster still 95%.

Hey Kikz, check it out, was just looking at the global leaderboards for Shanghai and there we both are right next to each other with .001 sec separation. That's kinda groovy.

Obviously I need to find another couple of hundredths, then...

Posted Image

Edited by Flouncy

Finally got my Logitech Driving Force EX to play with F1 2010. However, I'm still nooby at this given I have NO experience at F1, let alone the track. I might join in if there is a spot. And I'm sort of not that great given how I'm just starting out... >>

Hey Kikz, check it out, was just looking at the global leaderboards for Shanghai and there we both are right next to each other with .001 sec separation. That's kinda groovy.

Obviously I need to find another couple of hundredths, then...

Posted Image

haha nice. Bobaj0r is still a number of tenths faster than me :( -- though at least I'm using my own setup. I did try the one he d/l'd off the net but it was slower than my own.

My computer has been playing up, so I'm not sure how reliable it is, considering if something goes wrong I wont be able to rejoin a race, I'm gonna pull out and let someone else play who has a higher chance of finishing all 3 races.