xzibit0007

Windows Xp Mode in Windows 7 Professional Question

Hi there, I have gotten a new computer built and currently I am running windows 7 professional on it, my question is with windows xp mode for me to run some of the older computer games such as Tiberiurm wars, sims 3, COD 4 and so on, do I have to install these games in to windows xp mode and then do I also have to install the Xp graphic card card drivers into xp mode so that the graphic card works with these games or do I just install the games to xp mode and it'll recognize the graphic card and work? Any help would be much appreciated, Thank you.

Never played with XP mode on win 7 but why use XP mode anyway? Cod4 and Tiberium wars both work perfectly fine in Windows 7 32 and 64 bit. Not sure on Sims 3 as have not tried it but according to EA it is windows 7 compatible. EA Support

Oh and for a lot of games that will not work there is compatibility mode, this is not XP Mode which is actually a virtual machine. Two totally different things.

Edited by aliali

Yes, I think XP mode in 64-bit Windows 7 is actually a Virtual machine which is not designed to run games really.

Yes, I think XP mode in 64-bit Windows 7 is actually a Virtual machine which is not designed to run games really.

No think about it. It is a virtual machine.

Never played with XP mode on win 7 but why use XP mode anyway? Cod4 and Tiberium wars both work perfectly fine in Windows 7 32 and 64 bit. Not sure on Sims 3 as have not tried it but according to EA it is windows 7 compatible. EA Support

Oh and for a lot of games that will not work there is compatibility mode, this is not XP Mode which is actually a virtual machine. Two totally different things.

Thanks for the EA link.