Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Genisis X

EOS Photo5 2010

Posted Image

So I got my little cardboard box a few days ago (same time as the 5D mkII and the 70-200 f/2.8) and am currently dreaming up ideas for it.

Anyone else going for it this year?

BTW the contents of this years box are:

Brief 1: Close up - Eyedropper

Brief 2: Portrait - Bubblegum

Brief 3: Black and White - Incense

Brief 4: Motion - Confetti

Brief 5: Inspired by Sound - Open Brief

-X

Edited by Genisis X

Darn, I missed the registration.

Looks like I'll enter the open brief. I have a good idea of what I'll enter.

Yeah I've entered and have got a few ideas kicking around. Bit of fun really, don't have the skill yet for a serious entry.

I've taken some sample shots for one of the briefs, but I need to go and get some better ones before I submit.

When do you normally upload? when your done or toward the end so others don't copy/improve on your idea? I really just want to upload when I'm done because I don't think I stand a real chance but just not sure if this is a good idea.

Yarrago

Edited by Yarrago

After last years "issues" I swore I would not enter .. I have entered. No idea yet.

What happened last year?

Yarrago

After last years "issues" I swore I would not enter .. I have entered. No idea yet.

What happened last year?

Yarrago

Lots of the finalists did not closely follow the briefs and some of the finalists were not the best photos in the group. It was a widely discussed issue across many forums. Many dissapointed people.

I am noticing the same thing in the open brief this year - Inspired by sound. Half the people who entered have not even listened to the brief...

Anywho, my entry is now uploaded. Lets hope I get into the finals.

Rob

Got four out of five so far. Not really happy with the confetti one, but I really had NFI for that one.

Inspired by Sound - 105mm Howitzer

Posted Image

Close up - Monday Morning

Posted Image

Motion - Colourful Music

Posted Image

Portrait - Broke

Posted Image

-X

Edited by Genisis X

And here's my entry for the black and white one. Not really keeping with the whole smoke theme but hey, that didn't seem to be a problem last year now did it? :P

Posted Image

-X

Another year, another Canon photo competition is over (for me)

Here are my entries for 2010. I don’t expect to win anything however, the aim is to have fun and learn, which I have done :)

For those that on't know the briefs, I have put the details in this post

Brief 1: Eye Dropper : Close-Up is asks for us to use the lens to look closer. Using the eye dropper to place drops of liquid in any arrangement. Use a single drop, or as many drops as required. Not limited to just water - use liquids of different colours and consistencies, such as milk or tomato soup. Get close.

My entry

Brief 2: Bubble Gum : Portraiture - feature bubble gum in a portrait.

My entry

Brief 3: Incense : Black and White - This is a moody brief. Use smoke from the incense to create ambience and atmosphere in a black and white photo.

My entry

Brief 4: Confetti : Capturing Motion - capture the confetti in motion. It’s about motion, the image must convey a sense of movement.

My entry

Brief 5: Inspired by sound : Open - creative interpretation of a sound. The sound, sounds like a whistling falling noise.

My entry

Just one thing, am I dreaming or did we have less time this year to be in this competition ?