Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LogicprObe

AKG k701 Headphones

OK, the high Australian dollar compared to the US dollar finally got me.

I bit the bullet and ordered a pair.

Posted Image

http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/psfile...dc36376561a.pdf

Having only tried them in a noisy audio shop, I can't wait for them to arrive and will post initial impressions.

Edited by LogicprObe

Very nice. Back in the day I was wanting a pair of 601s, but those are quite a bit nicer.

Rob.

I'm not sure what sound ears make when they drool...but that is EXACTLY the sound my ears are making right now!

Nice!!!! I am VERY jealous right now. What will you be using them for and how much did those bad boys set you back with delivery?

$315 Aus - Delivered.

I couldn't pass it up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

1 pair left.........or so they say.

Goddamit!!!! I want those sooooooooooo much I can barely control my urge to order them even though I just got a new pair of cans a few months ago. Still, it's ok to have multiple sets of quality headphones despite the fact that I only have one head..... Isn't it??? What will you be using them for? Recording, listening, gaming, all of the above? Also what are they going to be connected to/powered by? Do you have a nice system to plug them into?

Edited by disolusiond

oh man sweet, i am so jealous right now.

i'm itching for a nice new set of audiophile headphones something that can go with my bass amp and my av for those late nights but unfortunately that money has got more important things to be doing than giving my ears orgasms... :(

nice buy man XD

Had the offer of a pair of these for not a lot more about 4m ago, the last of the 701's with the supplier. Almost went for them but I was looking for a pair for a friend and he specifically wanted closed backs so we ended up with the 271's. Great headphones... Definitely worth the effort/price. Enjoy.

Fed Ex tracking says they are in the Alexandria awaiting delivery tomorrow.........

I'm excited!

Fed Ex tracking says they are in the Alexandria awaiting delivery tomorrow.........

I'm excited!

Very happy for you Logic! I've only listened to a new pair and they sounded incredible and they apparently need 300 to 400 hours of use to really break them in properly. That always amazed me, that something that sounded so good out of the box was actually not even close to it's full potential. I envy your ears once you break them in. Plese report back when you get them and also once you have put the hours through them as I am very curious about the difference it makes.

Yeah, I was going to leave them on 24/7 with my computer.

I think I'll have to make a few notes to recall what they are like from new.

Got 'em!

As I thought, a few poorly recorded songs I like are hard to listen to but most things are pretty good so far.

I'll leave them blasting on itunes while I'm at work.

You know, a lot of people complain that these phones lack bass.............well, mine seem to have lots of bass............it's just that it's really clear and defined.

I don't think a lot of people are used to that and think that all bass has to be boomy and so loud that you can't hear anything else!

You know, a lot of people complain that these phones lack bass.............well, mine seem to have lots of bass............it's just that it's really clear and defined.

I don't think a lot of people are used to that and think that all bass has to be boomy and so loud that you can't hear anything else!

You mean you don't have the ExtraMegaHeavyHyperThumpingBowelTurningBrainMushingBASS turned up fully loud??? For shame...

:)

LOL!

It's almost more bass than I prefer, except it's different.

Ahhh, as long is good!

Me jealous :)

i want one.....but ill just get a pair of really good DJ grade ones insead....

i want one.....but ill just get a pair of really good DJ grade ones insead....

A lot of DJs are playing MP3 these days............so any old shit would do them.

i just got a pair of these second hand from someone on OCAU and they sound *amazing*. I've never heard anything like it before :D

Nice buy Logic! :)