Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LogicprObe

AKG k701 Headphones

i want one.....but ill just get a pair of really good DJ grade ones insead....

A lot of DJs are playing MP3 these days............so any old shit would do them.

that is true...but wouldnt a really good pair depend on if your playing MP3s or mixing vinyls?

Store DJ has a set of AH900's for $300 bucks so i may have to get them...

Edited by jdog

I'm requesting an update, Logic. How many hours you put through em? How noticeable is the increase in sound quality if you have passed the 400 hour mark? If they have improved, and I'm assuming they have, how would you describe the improvement in quality, low end tightening up, treble sharpened etc? Anything else you can think of to tell us? Thanks man.

The treble was always sharp.

The bottom end seems a bit smoother now and more together............I was almost going to EQ some of it out!

Maybe I've just got used to it?

I didn't log the hours but I ran them all day and night for a week after I got them. I sometimes still leave them running while I'm at work.

The magic hasn't worn off and I'm still picking up new little things in songs I've heard half a dozen times through them.

Some songs are a bit of a shock though, the first time through. They sound completely different than through speakers.......even good ones.

Edited by LogicprObe

LOL!

It's almost more bass than I prefer, except it's different.

I think by different you mean accurate? :P

/jealous

I think so............there's more of it in more frequencies.............if you get my drift.

So, rather than having this bottom end rumbling along, you can hear all the different things going to make up the bottom end.