Sign in to follow this  
smadge1

Fallout New Vegas, great game!

Ya, we've been chewing it in the Steam "specials" thread.

It's not just steam! though!

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-D...llout+New+Vegas

*cough* the same version with new aussie extra price edition!!

http://www.game.com.au/fallout-new-vegas/pc-games/FNVPC

Oh and the one I can't find... for Aus.

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-D...llout+New+Vegas

We're essentially paying the price for the big awesome version but without all the extra cool stuff... just extra price!!

Awesome!!

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor

good thing I can buy from the US store, I would offer to buy people versions off the US store for a small fee but rules of this site don't allow me to do that...

I think I might start a thread there too, even if it gets locked, if enough people make noise, they have to act.

oh yeah, I like the comment "It's the publisher's fault, not the developers."

If that's the case, they need to get a better publisher.

I think I might start a thread there too, even if it gets locked, if enough people make noise, they have to act.

oh yeah, I like the comment "It's the publisher's fault, not the developers."

If that's the case, they need to get a better publisher.

And did you notice that all the threads that were linked to also got locked. With no answer but "its not only Bethesda"

Spread the blame...

yeah I had a rant over here also http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...st&p=730045

This IS Bethesda as they are the publisher, they would have ultimate decision on pricing. If they want to screw over Australian's I will just buy from somewhere else.

EDIT: for clarification it could be Bethesda or Namco Bandai Partners which are the local distributer for Fallout: New Vegas that have set this price.

Edited by spiritek

This is dissapointing. I was planning on buying this, but certainly not for 90 USD.

I will wait till it's on special in a few months time in stores or on steam.

Pre-ordered (for me AND wife) on Steam, paid US price.

I get game, Bethesda get fair pay; weird coin-eating pacific-ocean-cable-beast - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

I know; I feel slightly guilty that this hurts local traders. Only slightly though, and not guilty enough. It shouldn't cost to import digitally. I'll play fair as soon as region-coding is removed. :-)

Seriously - is it really the publishers? Don't forget we have GST (+10%) and import duty on tech items (+25%?) so if you buy locally you're paying that too. OK, so I'm avoiding GST (I didn't vote for it...) and import duty is revenue-raising for a government that struggles to run a bath, let alone a country in th 21st century. They get enough of my tax anyway, and what they get they spend on junk like the JSF and more submarines to replace the ones that don't work that we bought from a land-locked country.

There you go, I need lunch. A small rant about game prices turned into a large rant about Australian military mis-spending. Who said the Intarwebotubes aren't useful?

I know; I feel slightly guilty that this hurts local traders. Only slightly though, and not guilty enough. It shouldn't cost to import digitally. I'll play fair as soon as region-coding is removed. :-)

I would feel more guilty if local retailers actually supported the PC gaming market

Glad I already got mine pre-ordered, back when it was still $50

This +1. The game gets released today and a review here

Edited by 2SHY

I'm glad they give the setting a thumbs up it's my biggest qualm going into this game.

It seems it's technical issues are all that's holding it back.

Hopefully patching and the moding community will fix that.

guess ill wait for GOTY edition which will be out next year...issues fixed,all DLC= WIN

Umm.... it seems we Aussies can't play it when it's released... it seems we have to wait 3 days longer than the rest of the world. 22nd Oct is the play date.

er, the quick loading of a free VPN client (or at least a free trial) and I've been playing it for the past two hours!

It's good - looks like Fallout 3 with all the good mods loaded; there seems to be a lot of FOOK and CALIBR in there, along with WW and Mart's Mods perhaps?

It is a bit crash-tastic though; my wife and I have both had two or three CTDs in about 2 hours.

For those interested... we found a VPN - just google 'free vpn trial' and take your pick. You will need to connect to a server in USA. Shut down Steam, then connect the VPN. Restart Steam. Watch as F:NV unlocks (hurrah!). Ours took us about 15 mins. Start FNV to see if it works. Ours did! YAY!

Now, the next bit must be done in the right order..

Exit Fallout

Exit Steam, not just minimize/hide.

Close the VPN.

Now the hard part - disconnect your internet. I KNOW! It's hard. Very hard. You can do it. VISUALIZE yourself playing New Vegas a day to two in advance. That's it... shut down the net. See? Just like it will be when the government shuts it down for us....

OK, Now restart Steam - it will start in offline mode.

Play Fallout! YAY!

When you are done, exit Fallout, then exit Steam again. Now you can safely reconnect the internet so you can blog about playing FV, and sticking to the corporate man in Australia.

Remember to shut off the net when you want to play, until Friday.

I mean, really, region locks in this day and age? What the marketroids calculate more sales on a Friday compared to Tuesday? The GOV doesn't like lost productivity when we take new-game-day-sickies?

Justso you know, I tried to start mine connected to the normal net, and it said FNV was lock again, and I think it might have scrambled the smaller FNV start file. The big one works when disconnected from net though, as long as Steam still thinks it's in the US. I'll reverify it on Friday.

<offtopic>The VPN is also good practice for the Great Australian Firewall. Takes about 15 seconds to completely scupper it, so all that money spent for nothing. Unless the gov wants to ban VPNs as well.</offtopic>

Edited by corinoco

I think it's because Bethesda hates us...

I've got a theory, Some guys from EA, Bethesda, Y2K and Activision all bought a kitten... and then some aussie guy accidentally ran over it.

Thus forever, no matter how strong our dollar is, no matter the allure of higher unit sales, we'll have to wait and pay high prices for games cause they hate us.....

And just to add insult ti injury it's still $49.95 US in New Zealand.

Serves us right though!!!! Poor kitten!!!

:(

But srsly, it's cause of shipping time and how naughty people like to open their Christmas presents early.

Edited by Chuck Norris(good actor