Sign in to follow this  
smadge1

Fallout New Vegas, great game!

I've got a better theory, they're just greedy cunts.

Although, ftr I saw this coming a mile a way with all the price gouging on steam earlier in the year so I got my copy before the inevitable price hike came around.

I might grab a proper retail copy since it looks like its only $20 more and saves me 15 hours of downloading.

Edited by nesquick

We need to vote with our wallets on this.

DON'T PAY THE INFLATED AUSTRALIAN PRICE. JUST DON'T. No matter how bad you want the game.

Use workarounds to buy it from the US. Buy it from sources that sell it at the US price.

The only way we'll get this changed is to show that we're not prepared to be screwed, denying Steam and other cartel-like distributors revenue, until they charge us a fair price.

Edited by Virtuoso

I have a US Steam account on my work VPN that I use to gift myself games at the US price. This tactic is really unreliable and at times I've found my credit card charged full Australian prices for US games. For example, I got Left 4 Dead 2 from the States, opened my US Steam account locally and played the uncensored version, then gifted copies to three friends - two copies at the US price, 1 came through at the Australian price, two of them downloaded censored, one didn't. Wasn't able to figure out from the card charges if the one that went through at the Aus. price was the one that got censored. Weird.

I tried something different with Fallout last night - I used my PayPal account instead of my credit card. Whole thing worked perfectly - but get this: I bought from the US store, after the US release date, gifted it to myself, then opened up the VPN on my home computer using Corinoco's strategy, got the game working - and after going through the intro / character creation sequence I found I had access to the pre-order items, even though I'd bought the game after the US release date.

I suspect that the pre-order items might actually be in the game, just not available unless Steamworks detects a pre-ordered copy somehow.

Sturdy Caravan Shotgun is pretty awesome.

I've played about 10 minutes so far.

Game feels cheap and unpolished.

Fallout 3 had a much better feel to it.

dam.. really? I was all excited about playing this but doubt I will buy it if its not as good as fallout 3.

ill just wait for the GOTY edition....ive still got fallout 3 to finish...

Let me know if you want a US copy

How much is it US?

$50

I can also buy US copies with my steam account.

We need to vote with our wallets on this.

DON'T PAY THE INFLATED AUSTRALIAN PRICE. JUST DON'T. No matter how bad you want the game.

Use workarounds to buy it from the US. Buy it from sources that sell it at the US price.

The only way we'll get this changed is to show that we're not prepared to be screwed, denying Steam and other cartel-like distributors revenue, until they charge us a fair price.

It's not Valve/Steam who are stiffing you.

And I organised a work-around, as I did for Civ 5 as well.

dam.. really? I was all excited about playing this but doubt I will buy it if its not as good as fallout 3.

Its hard to tell with what little I've played, but some things don't seem as polished as Fallout 3, like the Terrain, some of it looks odd and out of place, especially when looking towards the horizon.

Some of the "Set pieces" don't fit in, or make an appearance too often, like the same blue pickup truck, with perfect body condition and only a little bit of rust, or the brand new looking wine barrels.

Its hard to tell with what little I've played, but some things don't seem as polished as Fallout 3, like the Terrain, some of it looks odd and out of place, especially when looking towards the horizon.

Some of the "Set pieces" don't fit in, or make an appearance too often, like the same blue pickup truck, with perfect body condition and only a little bit of rust, or the brand new looking wine barrels.

wouldnt that be becuase of the bugs in the game? (reviews say it has a lot of game ending bugs)

Its not bugs, its poor mapping.

Bethesda excel at making exceptional worlds, Obsidian obviously dont.

Edited by nukejockey

Let me know if you want a US copy

How much is it US?

$50

I can also buy US copies with my steam account.

Didn't read lol

Hook a brother up. I can DD the money to your account.

Been playing for the past few hours thanks to anonymitynetowrk (thanks Nuke), tried 2 other VPN's that didn't work before this.

So far I am really enjoying it, I havent really left the first town yet tho.

Luckily I haven't had the performance issues some people have mentioned in reviews, no crashes yet or graphic glitches.

Can't really comment on the level design yet tho there were a couple instances where I was given a quest that was not in my quest log and no directions were given it took me like 20mins to manually find the place through process of elimination.

so far so good, except I now have to goto work :(...

Been playing for the past few hours thanks to anonymitynetowrk (thanks Nuke), tried 2 other VPN's that didn't work before this.

So far I am really enjoying it, I havent really left the first town yet tho.

Luckily I haven't had the performance issues some people have mentioned in reviews, no crashes yet or graphic glitches.

Can't really comment on the level design yet tho there were a couple instances where I was given a quest that was not in my quest log and no directions were given it took me like 20mins to manually find the place through process of elimination.

so far so good, except I now have to goto work :(...

Glad to hear its running well for you. What specs is your pc?

I might grab a proper retail copy since it looks like its only $20 more and saves me 15 hours of downloading.

$20 more than Steam? Where the fuck do you shop? Jesus, man.

EDIT: Disregard this, I didn't read you can buy from the US store, I thought you were talking about $20 more than the AU Steam price. :o I was gonna say!

Also, installing now... Let's hope it gets further on my PC than Obsidian's last effort, Alpha Protocol (which, for reference, won't even start AT ALL, no matter what I try).

Edited by Reb1rth.

$20 more than Steam? Where the fuck do you shop? Jesus, man.

EDIT: Disregard this, I didn't read you can buy from the US store, I thought you were talking about $20 more than the AU Steam price. :o I was gonna say!

Also, installing now... Let's hope it gets further on my PC than Obsidian's last effort, Alpha Protocol (which, for reference, won't even start AT ALL, no matter what I try).

heh I never buy from the AU steam store becuase its so overpriced but cause I only have 1500kb/s internet I have to spend ages downloading games, so im caught between a rock and a hard place.

Its not bugs, its poor mapping.

ORLY? Check this out:

Looks like a bug to me. Not a game-killer at least.