the_13th

Advice sought... Please

I hope thats a BIOS overclock not a software one?

Software overclocks will usually be unstable and more limited.

on the contrary though, you often need to use software overclocks to get that last few BCLK from a setup when running benchmarks.

yes, I am suggesting that, have a read over at ocau, its common practice when doing suicide runs to boot up at a lower clock speed and increase it in windows.

How so?

You suggesting that; if 200BCLK is stable in the bios; but 201 is not; it may be within windows?

I've had plenty of OC's that require this. My board here with the settings that im running here peaks out @ 220blk to post.

Using software I can hit 230 to run a bench.

It was a little of both actually, I started with the software and then on restart went in to the bios and put things where I felt they needed to be (which is close to where it was anyway.)

Im kind of taking things one step at a time and ramping it up slowly.

I know its not as effective but atkleast this way Im only playing with what i know... And have the time for, the important part is that the system is still stable yeah?

From here the next step is fully bios though, not willing to do anymore through EasyTune

Edited by the_13th

Yeah i can second software overclocks, thats how I run superPI. Its really helpfull

so now the truth comes out :P

Yep, software overclock was how I got my e8600 to number 1 in the superpi scores for so long.

so to sound N00Bish but how do you do software overclocks, i only know how to do bios OC's (even when im not meant to....)

Yep, software overclock was how I got my e8600 to number 1 in the superpi scores for so long.

so to sound N00Bish but how do you do software overclocks, i only know how to do bios OC's (even when im not meant to....)

By using the software provided with your motherboard.

So in the case of Gigabyte its with Easytune. I cant remember the name of the Asus one (cause I never used it)