Khirareq

Atomic Games Workshop Crew

Game: Fantasy

Army: Thinking of Dark Elves or High Elves...

Go Dark Elves you know you wan to ;)

Careful with Dark Elves, I used to collect them, then they just sort of disappeared. High Elves are good with long range, Dark Elves are not. Better in close combat and spells. But still ..... they are DARK ELVES FFS!

Heres my chaos lord and a bearer ( i know theres no bearer in 40k) but they are probably my best painted as of yet, dont mind the lord missing his arms, he got ruffed up by a chosen terminator champion during my house move.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ignore the crappiness of the photos as my camera is shit. and could you please add me to the games list Khirareq?

Is it bad of me to admit that the main reason I personally wanted to get pictures working was for this very thread?

:)

i had an inkling that that was so.

i should be gettign soem more work done soon. my order for some resin bases should arrive soon.

i ordered them through imperial games (a NZ mob). i tried paying via regular DD, after a week or 2 of waiting it didnt work, so i had to pay via paypal, made an account, and it took well over a week for the money to go thru. it went thru fine (at this stage i had ordered the bases about a month earlier), but the parcel got lost in the mail. all the while i was in regular communication with the owner of the business (brad mason). he explained that if i wasnted to wait until they got more bases from poland (about another 3 week wait) then hed ship them as soon as they arrived. i patiently waited for them to come, all the while i was keeping in fairly regular contact with brad. a few weeks ago he sent me an email saying that they should be here soon if i wanted to wait even longer, and that if i chose to, that hed sweeten the deal (ie chuch in some freebies), or hed give me a full refund. i chose to stick by him as id come this far, and wasnt about to quit. well, i just got an email the other day confirming that my new order had been sent. it didnt say what my freebie is, but im not too concerned, as the level of custmer service was asstounding. ive certainly never dealt with an online store as good as this one, and would happily go back.

i realise that its been about 2 maybe 3 months since i ACTUALLY ordered the bases, but the customer service offered along the way was, in all meanings of the word, "amazing"

would happily reccommend them to anyone :)

so yeah, once they come, ill get back into 40k, as ive been neglecting it for my computer :P

Those Ultras are looking great Hector - really clean. Makes me mis my 2nd Company force... anyone out there wanting to offload their Black Reach marines?

:)

I keep meaning to being in some of my Guard and photograph them out back on our light table. Now that we can post pics in here, I really have to get around to it!

<snip> ... anyone out there wanting to offload their Black Reach marines?

<snip>

If I can get another Black Reach set for $75.00 it'd be worth offloading the Marines to build up an Ork army.

The logistical issue with offloading said Marines to you specificaly is that I'm now pretty much permanently located in Melbourne.

Might get up to Sydney for Live though...

Fred:

www.scrapdragon.com.au

Black Reach $76 + shipping.

Good if you need other items as well, 20% off normal GW prices.

This is making me want to pull out my old Space Wolves. I was kinda proud of the paint jobs I did on some of those guys.

Anyone in Sydney want to have a game when the new codices are all out? Haven't touched my 40k gear in years, and at the moment I'd rather use the new edition as an excuse to meet and play with someone new.

Player name: thesorehead

Pref game time: Weekends - occasional weeknights

Aspects: Gaming, though painting is fun I just don't have the space/time for it.

Game: 40k

Army: Space Wolves - ???? 1500? 2000? A few squads, dreadnought, transports etc.

Fred:

www.scrapdragon.com.au

Black Reach $76 + shipping.

Good if you need other items as well, 20% off normal GW prices.

I'm aware of Scrapdragon, thanks for the reminder anyway :)

Got mine from Mind Games on Swanston St for $75 - no shipping apart from on foot in my lunch break.

Not sure if they have any more left at that price though.

New codices next month, hopefully an updated Blood Angels one online soon after that.

Cant find the link

Last thread, somewhere in its 13 odd pages, there was a link to a site where they made flat pack terrain (Hector - I think your drop pop is from them by the looks of the picture)

I have disposed of the wrapping too so I cant check there

Does anyone remember the site Im talking about? And able to provide a link please?

Cant find the link

Last thread, somewhere in its 13 odd pages, there was a link to a site where they made flat pack terrain (Hector - I think your drop pop is from them by the looks of the picture)

I have disposed of the wrapping too so I cant check there

Does anyone remember the site Im talking about? And able to provide a link please?

gimme a minute, ill see if i can find it for you :)

EDIT: found it!!

http://www.miniaturescenery.com/index.asp

I guess i have to do this properly then

Name: King_Of_The_Mountain

Preffered game times: weekends

Aspects: Painting and strategy, moddeling.

Armies: 2 chaos (1 iron warriors sort of combined with undivided and an army of khorne) around 3000 points each if i decide to use heroes.

Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars and Space Wolves wont be getting updates so they match the new Vanilla Marine codex coming out, gotta play a codex chapter to get the tasty new toys.

Here's my WIP on the stuff from Black Reach, started painting the terminators in the box and been working on the seargent. The rest of the squad are getting their arms magnetised so I can swap out weapon configs as needed.

Still trying to perfect my colour scheme, yellow is a bitch.

Have to finish the weapons, his chest plate banner thing and the base, that will have to wait for my next days off.

Have only painted about 10 marines before this guy, and before that a handful of Necrons so still trying to get the hang of painting.

Posted Image

For the miniature scenery Khir you should be able to buy it from most gaming shops, or from scrapdragon for a bit cheaper I think.

I guess i have to do this properly then

Name: King_Of_The_Mountain

Preffered game times: weekends

Aspects: Painting and strategy, moddeling.

Armies: 2 chaos (1 iron warriors sort of combined with undivided and an army of khorne) around 3000 points each if i decide to use heroes.

Yeah sorry dude - I was going to sit down and shoot you a PM - Have'nt had much time yet

I also go dig up your drawing thread - Have'nt forgotten it either

Added too btw

found it!!

Cheers dude! Need more of the Imperial Ruins stuff :)

I'm not ready for play yet, but I'll put my name down for now anyway.

Player name: Dark Maverik

Pref game time: Weekends - Can do weeknights

Aspects: Painting and Collecting (Till my army is finished)

Game: Fantasy

Army: Vampire Counts - Building to 2000pts

Maybe someone should sticky this, so it doesnt float away and anyone new to atomic or warhammer cant find it.

Nah - 'she'll be right I reckon. There tends to be enough activity in this thread to keep it on the first page, and if it did slip off, Im sure I could find a valid reason to bump - Just like I am now :)

Now another thing - Silly twit that I am has only just discovered that I *can* link to posts!! What Im going to do over the weekend is refine the second post of this thread and remove a lot of that data, and have minimal information to reduce clutter, and then links to where people posted their details - This way, you can maintain and update your data yourselves, while still being able to locate people quickly within the second post :) Just Im looking at the list and notice its getting sort of a bitch already and I want to sort that out soon.

But sure that would be an abuse of my powers...

and with powers comes enormous responsibility, so you may as well enjoy them by stretching them a little :)

hey, melbourne guys... maybe we could get together for a painting afternoon sometime ?

A photo of my Space Marine army, ready for further painting:

Posted Image

Apparently the forum doesn't like the filename with 2 dots in it so I can't use the forum thumbnail link provided.

Thanks Khir and MorricMan - I was in a rush when I posted this originally..

hey, melbourne guys... maybe we could get together for a painting afternoon sometime ?

I'd be up for that :)

Now I can see that that picture is apparently 2700x874, but its like, postage stamp man

Sure that extra . isnt for the "th" bit, which Im gonna nearly guess is your image hosts auto-thumbnail generation?

Now I can see that that picture is apparently 2700x874, but its like, postage stamp man

Sure that extra . isnt for the "th" bit, which Im gonna nearly guess is your image hosts auto-thumbnail generation?

Yep,

I took out the .th in my web browser and it came up nice and big.

Hey guys - Have updated the userlist so its actually useful and not a pain in the arse, so feel free to update or play around with your profiles however you want. In addition, links dont work to profiles where there are images embedded above it. My current recommendation would be is if your unhappy with how it links, find an earlier post where there arnt embedded images above it, and hi-jack it for use for your profile and let me know so I can update the link

I forgot how much fun Orks are to do - Been converting the 3 choppas which come in the Black Reach box set to make them look like little Apache choppas (Squaring the nose off and ditching the rockets, and adding "wings" to mount rocket launchers and guns too + HUD displays - Have to do this to the other 3 now as well) to suit in more for the Blood Axe theme. Not to mention the poor bloody Devilfish Im hacking up - Converted the drones so it now has little Gretchin sitting in little pods with rotors on the bottom so they can still hover - I know it doesnt fit in with the rules, but it looks nice :)

Wondering: Does anyone has a shitload of little Axes? Due to being a Blood Axe army, every single one of the bastards needs an axe, and then ever more for the bosspoles and vehicle decoration - Thought Id ask here first before looking at Scrapdragon and other online stores. Yes I could make them, but Im talking a couple of hundred here, so need to collect a few

weel, ive been holding off on my warhammer untill i got the bases fro NZ, and the new codex arrives. i got my bases in the mail yesterday, and the new marines codex comes out on saturday. cant wait for it.