Khirareq

Atomic Games Workshop Crew

weel, ive been holding off on my warhammer untill i got the bases fro NZ, and the new codex arrives. i got my bases in the mail yesterday, and the new marines codex comes out on saturday. cant wait for it.

Yep, saturday.

My birthday.

Money given to me -> to GW

So, what toys did we all buy yesterday?

I picked up the new codex, a command squad and 3 of the new scout bikers.

The scout bikes are a great kit, several options and bits left over at the end.

Now they get to sit around in my "waiting to be done" pile. So many mini's to assemble and paint, so little time.

Hmmm didn't buy anything yesterday but thanks to having tenants in my house back in Canberra I can now afford to think about buying a codex or two...

Still not dead, but now without gall (bladder!). Bought new SM codex and 2 Drop pods for my sons Raven Guard army. Also picked up a Trukk, Weirdboy and Big mek with Shokk attack gun for my budding Waaagh! And some heavy weapons teams, snipers and oficers for my Catachan IG.

So, no eating for a while! My orks, which started with the Black Reach box, now includes 15 Burnas, 15 Lootas, 14 Nobz, the grot assitants and technical and the gnarly squigs. Nearly there.

Helping snotlings, must go!

im gonna pick up the new dex today. i did torrent a copy, but fuck printing out 73 pages of rules in black and white, much better having the real-deal.

also, how mad is the new dread?? cant wait to convert my current ones into an ironclad, plus im going to make a pair of L + R TL auto cannon arms for my venerable dread. Mortis style venerable dread FTW!

*clicks tongue* And by the looks of the Games Workshop online store, their price rise has gone through - 6 bucks for a paint now, and Ork codex I paid 38 is now 42 :( Eh - Was thinking about buying that mega paint set anyways - Loving the foundation paints, plus looks like a nice case to keep all that crap in as well

Spent most the weekend converting a recently aquired/salvaged Vindicator tank - Dont like the looted vehicle rules so trying to make it a battlewagon

Anyone know some good camera settings for a nokia n95? Trying to take photos of my Orks so I can get some help with painting the skin

there is a tute in a WD from a month or 2 back that looks easy and awesome (for the tale of four gamers thingo).

ive gotta paint up a AoBR set for my warhammer club, so ill end up doing them like this.

the marines id like to paint up as legion of the damned, but it may be a bit time consuming to do well.

also, cant help with the camera settings khir, sorry

Haven't bought anything new for a while, thought I have picked up some Black Reach marines. Man, they are lovely, and will serve as a nice reward for every unit of Guard I finish :)

I do not to do some re-jigging for my Tau though. 5th ed is great, but it makes the classic Mech Tau list very challenging, as you generally lack the troops to really take and hold objectives. Gonna need more Kroot, I think.

there is a tute in a WD from a month or 2 back that looks easy and awesome (for the tale of four gamers thingo).

Is that for Ork skin? What Im doing is, starting off with a black undercoat, then a deep highlighting with Orkhide shade foundation, then dry brush the details out starting with snot green, then goblin green, then a final quick brushing with scorpian green

Sorta thinking I need to get in there with some green wash in between the snot and goblin steps, or save the wash until just before the final snot green step (Could go between the orkhide and snot, but think it'll end up covered by the other dry brushing too much), just to wash away a bit of the grainy look the model gets (Just dont have any green wash atm)

Im not after Orks with brightly colored skin - I like the darkness - Just hoping theres an easy way to smooth the colors out

Is that for Ork skin? What Im doing is, starting off with a black undercoat, then a deep highlighting with Orkhide shade foundation, then dry brush the details out starting with snot green, then goblin green, then a final quick brushing with scorpian green

Sorta thinking I need to get in there with some green wash in between the snot and goblin steps, or save the wash until just before the final snot green step (Could go between the orkhide and snot, but think it'll end up covered by the other dry brushing too much), just to wash away a bit of the grainy look the model gets (Just dont have any green wash atm)

Im not after Orks with brightly colored skin - I like the darkness - Just hoping theres an easy way to smooth the colors out

the one i read was something like:

knarloc green basecoat

drybrush orkhide shade

wash with black wash

somthing like that. ill get the complete recipe for you when i get home from work. either way it makes a very dark green that looks awesome. the guy that made it up is doing a goff army, so it looked really cool along side the mainly black and white colour scheme

EDIT: i just got the new dex, looks preety awesome. fucking thing cost $50 tho, but its really thick too.

Yeah, Last month's WD had tutorials for painting Ultramarines and Goff Orks. This month there's no free models but some good tips on drybrushing and overbrushing...

I picked up a Drop Pod and the new SM 'dex yesterday. The guy at Mind Games gave me the store copy of the old Eye of Terror codex too, which has some cool ideas for conversions, even if the special characters are no longer readily available.

I like the idea of the Space Wolves 13th Company having to salvage Chaos armor parts from their fallen foes, could make for some interesting conversions too...

How old are these?

Posted Image

http://oz.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...&orignav=10

Im old school 2nd ed - Did these come out before then, or snuck in during 3rd and 4th ed while I was distracted with Dark Eldar and Tau? Im guessing by the paint job (Mainly the basing and flocking) around second ed, as chapter approved or something. Thinking about getting some - I have cheerleaders for Bloodbowl

Yeah, Last month's WD had tutorials for painting Ultramarines and Goff Orks. This month there's no free models but some good tips on drybrushing and overbrushing...

I picked up a Drop Pod and the new SM 'dex yesterday. The guy at Mind Games gave me the store copy of the old Eye of Terror codex too, which has some cool ideas for conversions, even if the special characters are no longer readily available.

I like the idea of the Space Wolves 13th Company having to salvage Chaos armor parts from their fallen foes, could make for some interesting conversions too...

you can actually download the eye of terror dex off games workshop america for nothing.

the 13th company are a sweet army for combat. im pretty sure the list is no longer legal, but im sure you could just use the normal space wolves dex plus some counts as sorta stuff to make a really neat looking arm that still performs well.

also, are the wolfen models still available?? they are sweet looking minnies

Khira - those look like oldschool 2nd or 1st edition miniatures.

Some of the old stuff sucked. But so much more of it has so much more charm and charisma than almost all of the new stuff!

EDIT: unless they're conversions, which would also rock. Still look like 2nd ed at most. 3rd+ models are far more practical.

Some of the old stuff sucked. But so much more of it has so much more charm and charisma than almost all of the new stuff!

excuse me? 3rd edition tyranids were so much better than 4th, SO MUCH BETTER.

3rd ed is hardly old school - You may notice his first sentence refers to 1st and 2nd, where some of the models were bloody shocking :P

Ill see if I can find some

Genestealer Magus

Posted Image

Genestealer Patriarch

Posted Image

2nd Ed Biovore

Posted Image

Nice listing here actually, with a 2nd ed catergory

http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/myst...indexwh40k.html

excuse me? 3rd edition tyranids were so much better than 4th, SO MUCH BETTER.

3rd ed is hardly old school - You may notice his first sentence refers to 1st and 2nd, where some of the models were bloody shocking :P

Ill see if I can find some

I guess, but i mean look.

cool tyrant

Awsome and cool

Posted Image

lame and ultra lame.

ill keep my 3rd edition army if you please. but i see your point.

sorry about the link but it wouldnt let me put him in there.

So ripping off the Alien Queen is cool now?

I dig how they made the 'nids into more of a "race" now with all of them having six limbs and a similar visual style. But 'nids are *supposed* to be this hodgepodge of different biologies and creatures and features stolen from dozens of species, all somehow working as one force to assimilate the Galaxy.

Agreed that plenty of the models sucked, bad.

One other thing that disappointed me in 3rd+ is psychic powers - I know that if I want magic I should look up WH, but c'mon I want my Waaah! vomit!

The only bad thing about my 3rd edition army is that they all are basically meat sheild, all of them. why do that when i can just use my chaos army, send kharne in and destroy everyone? on a related note- what would happen if a kroot ate some tyranid?

You can take your Warp Deck and shove it - And I mean that in the nicest possible way :P Although I did love my Foot of Mork ;)

And dont forget 2nd ed HT

Posted Image

And dont forget 2nd ed HT

i still think the 2nd edition bloodthirster is the lamest thing ever, bar none. maybe the old necrons but still.

and your picture just emphasises my point on 3rd edition tyranids FTW, they must have reverted for the 4th, cause they look alike.

Got my drop pod assembled, now I need to put some time aside for painting.

If I wasn't living in a flat with no space in the courtyard and no garage, I'd have undercoated a whole lot more by now with the spray undercoat. Maybe I should finish painting the ones I started back in the last thread...

Spent too much time drinking on the weekend and didnt get as much as I was hoping done. Still, happy with what I did do:

First was chopping up the choppas - Surprisingly easy. Next step was to lengthen the tail for the rear rotor - My first attempt was a bit of a shambles as I tried adding shit to hold it in place:

Posted Image

Didnt really work and needed heaps of blu-tak to hold it together and hours to dry - This was heaps simplier:

Posted Image

Just drilled and pinned the bastards on >.>

Some foot plates which Im happy with how they came up

Posted Image

Plates are inserts from the rear doors on Tau devil/hammerheads - Little trim and fit on nicely. As you can see on the nose, another abortion of a conversion going on there - Attempting to square the nose off, and Im doing it the hard way. Work out a better way since, but want to finish that model off as a unique and make him a nob

So finish off the nose pieces, then make up some arms for weapons (Also have to insert a shaft into those tail pieces for the rotor drive too), final detailing and cleaning, then paint the buggers

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/khirareq/40k/Orks/

Oh - And THF - Get a big cardboard box and make a spray booth ;)

Nice work Khir.

My army is nearly all ready for painting now, picked up some more scout bikers, a thunderfire cannon and a drop pod. Just need to find the time to actually finish assembly and paint.