Khirareq

Atomic Games Workshop Crew

That is a glorious figure, dude!

thanks hawkeye - means a lot coming from you as I loved the paint jobs on your dark eldar. I would love to start a thousand point dark eldar force, but I just don't think I could do them justice in the paint department and I hate ugly minis :( so many cool models though, I may have to pick one up just to give it a go.

Is 40K still going much in sydney?

I remember it dying off a lot, and i ended up shelving my marines.

Thinking of maybe getting back into it.

its really hard to find a good game in perth, as I got sick of stomping all over 10 year olds with poorly painted ultramarines that barely have a grasp of the rules, or retarted fat kids at games workshop that are always so loud.

if i could find some mature people to game with in a more mature environment I would probably be much more keen to get back into it. I am sure there are clubs around, but the only ones I've been to don't seem to be my cup of tea.

There are always people playing at the Battlebunker at Sydney GW, and the staff are pretty friendly. I never used to game there, but since Tin Soldier closed it's the only place in town with tables and terrain! And I play with mates in Canberra a lot, too.

A lot of my mates have recently got into it, so it's pretty healthy from where I am :)

its really hard to find a good game in perth, as I got sick of stomping all over 10 year olds with poorly painted ultramarines that barely have a grasp of the rules, or retarted fat kids at games workshop that are always so loud.

if i could find some mature people to game with in a more mature environment I would probably be much more keen to get back into it. I am sure there are clubs around, but the only ones I've been to don't seem to be my cup of tea.

If you ever want some second hand Necrons I have a small force that I started, then lost interest in and never finished. Most of them are all based and painted a very reasonable standard. They just gather dust, so if your interested, let me know :)

EDIT: Also, damn you city folk, I don't have a GW or anything for 370km's or so :( There is a nearby town with a club that meets twice a month, but that is it really :\

Edited by G-relk

thanks g-relk, i may take you up on that, however probably not. i figured out the $/point ratio of my army was way off... destroyers cost like $35 and are worth only 50 points. immortals cost $22 or $24 and are worth only 28 points. necrons are fucked right now and so i won't collect them in their current state. (my army had lots of both.. about 12 or 15 destroyers (12 destroyers and 3 heavy's i think.. heavys were even more expensive) and 8 immortals as thats all i could justify buying, even from the uk.

i'll wait for a 5th ed revision, or maybe even 6th ed... to get some updated models and boxes.. and then decide if im keen to roll a 4+ and get back up.

Edited by p0is(+)n

thanks g-relk, i may take you up on that, however probably not. i figured out the $/point ratio of my army was way off... destroyers cost like $35 and are worth only 50 points. immortals cost $22 or $24 and are worth only 28 points. necrons are fucked right now and so i won't collect them in their current state. (my army had lots of both.. about 12 or 15 destroyers (12 destroyers and 3 heavy's i think.. heavys were even more expensive) and 8 immortals as thats all i could justify buying, even from the uk.

i'll wait for a 5th ed revision, or maybe even 6th ed... to get some updated models and boxes.. and then decide if im keen to roll a 4+ and get back up.

I think I have one or maybe two immortals, a heavy destroyer, at least 3 wraiths, two squads of 12 warriors, a tomb spider, a lord, plus some scarabs. One of the warrior squads is totally unpainted, everything else is fully painted and based.

I also have a highly converted destroyer lord that has the body of a tomb spider instead of a destroyer, but I won't sell him, he cost $70 to make :S

I'm also trying to sell off an older Fallen Angels army too. It was made with the old Chaos Marines 'dex though, so it would need re-working to be legal. I can't remember whats in it though....

I'd like to see a picture of your destroyer lord :)

I never used a necron lord, they rarely earned their points back.

Brought The Deciever with me almost every single game. Even at 1000 points. He almost always earned his points back, and then another few hundred.

I am worried the C'tan will see a huge nerf in any new codex though :( Hopefully they get some kind of immunity to ID though, the only weakness I found.

Edited by p0is(+)n

I'd like to see a picture of your destroyer lord :)

I never used a necron lord, they rarely earned their points back.

Brought The Deciever with me almost every single game. Even at 1000 points. He almost always earned his points back, and then another few hundred.

I am worried the C'tan will see a huge nerf in any new codex though :( Hopefully they get some kind of immunity to ID though, the only weakness I found.

The only reason I ever used a Lord was for the resurrection orb. Beyond that they are fairly hopeless as a hero unit.

Here is my destroyer lord :)

Posted Image

I can totally see the c'tan being nerfed in the next 'dex, but it was inevitable really....

damn thats a cool necron lord. looks very fitting, and intimidating!

yea its worth it for a res orb if you know your going to be up against a lot of power weapons or S8+ weaps, with a VoD can give them a surprise too in taking late game objectives, but in general i found them to be a waste of points in most instances.

my tactic was usually keep my warriors out of harms way and prey no melee units got close to them, and slowly advance with destroyers/immortals (full squads of destroyers chew through infantry, 3x S6 shots a turn @ 24" range). Generally though it was hide behind the ctan, shoot whatever it doesn't kill, and laugh as your opponent tries to take it down, instead of trying to phase you out (or cry if he gets wise) which would be dead easy with so few models..

Whats everyone's opinions on the new Necron models that are being released with the new dex?? Personally I think they look freaking awesome! Be interesting to see what the units themselves are like. The addition of a sniper style unit (deathmasks is the name I think) is interesting too, wonder how effective they are?

I've also got a new project going - a pre-heresy version of the Shadowsword called a Mammoth Tank. It's basically a Shadowsword driven by marines, except that I am giving it sponson mounted twin-linked Autocannons not Heavy Bolters, and targeters instead of Lascannons. I also have two Forge World Rhino dozer blades coming that I am going to cut up, join, and use as a sort of siege shield for it. I will get some pictures up in the next day or so when I have the last of the track links glued on.

Models look awesome, but I was trawling sites last night reading up on how Necrons have emotions and sentience now - Guess I'm gonna have to go dump, what is it now, 55 bucks? on the new Codex and see what's going on

Lot of people seem unhappy with the changes - Dunno, been in this since 2nd ed, and it's the way the universe keeps expanding which I love. How bad is it? Or is it just new comers bitching?

If you ever want some second hand Necrons I have a small force that I started, then lost interest in and never finished. Most of them are all based and painted a very reasonable standard. They just gather dust, so if your interested, let me know :)

EDIT: Also, damn you city folk, I don't have a GW or anything for 370km's or so :( There is a nearby town with a club that meets twice a month, but that is it really :\

G-relk I kinda almost feel your pain. I'm lucky that even though the nearest GW is 600 odd kms away I'm lucky enough to have a few friends who are always up for a game.

Also p0is(+)n there is a WA online community that has quite a few clubs scattered around Westgamer I haven't met any of those people but from forum lurking they seem ok.

From my extensive reading of forums (its like its own little hobby) I think I will like the new Necrons being that they are a mostly shooty army like my guard, just have to get my hands on a codex and see what they can really do.

Woo!!

I'm back in, finally started back on my army again.

Pulled out the shoebox of marines and (after explaining to my fiancée why someone who is not 8 wants to play with a bunch of little plastic men) have decided to repaint as black templars.

Anything i need to know now-a-days given i have been out for quite a while?

Also it is awesome having a partner that not only understands (to a degree) my level of geekiness but actually participates :)

Although i've been told that i cannot buy more until all of the current ones have been painted and all finished.

Woo!!

Pulled out the shoebox of marines and (after explaining to my fiancée why someone who is not 8 wants to play with a bunch of little plastic men) have decided to repaint as black templars.

Also it is awesome having a partner that not only understands (to a degree) my level of geekiness but actually participates :)

Although i've been told that i cannot buy more until all of the current ones have been painted and all finished.

Mad! If you need to strip the paint, metho is the stuff to use, it's safe on plastic, and does a good job. let the mini's soak in it overnight, then scrub the paint off with a toothbrush.

Woo!!

Mad! If you need to strip the paint, metho is the stuff to use, it's safe on plastic, and does a good job. let the mini's soak in it overnight, then scrub the paint off with a toothbrush.

Nice, i think metho was the only thing i hadn't thought of.

I remember long ago i tried to strip the paint of a Predator tank with... petrol (NB: I was much younger)

...Choking back sobs as i watched my brand new toy turn to a pile of goop :(

Should have kept it - would have made a great melta-attack wreck :)

Hahahaha - zing!

Anyone else got any new models to show off?? Progress on my Shadowsword has been halted until the rest of the parts I need arrive from eBay :\

Models look awesome, but I was trawling sites last night reading up on how Necrons have emotions and sentience now - Guess I'm gonna have to go dump, what is it now, 55 bucks? on the new Codex and see what's going on

Lot of people seem unhappy with the changes - Dunno, been in this since 2nd ed, and it's the way the universe keeps expanding which I love. How bad is it? Or is it just new comers bitching?

For me, a fairly long time Necron player, I'll be hanging up my metal death mask after this release. Some of the models a great, but the fluff and many of the new rules are awful. They have ripped the heart out of what was once a genuinely unique, sinister army and made them more like the others. I know plenty of folks will like them better now, but for me they have ruined the Necron experience for me. My 2,200 point army has been reduced to 1,700 in one fell, cash-grabbing swoop!

If you really need to take a look, the codex is out there in the ether.

I have really been enjoying Warmachine of late, and will now be spending my xmas money on that instead and burying myself in the world of the Iron Kingdoms.

I still have all the metal pieces.

And when i say "melted" i mean it, it wasn't quite melta attack material.

More like, melta, flamer, melta bomb... then an orbital strike.

It looked like a plastic crater :)

only just found out about the new necrons today..... DAMN

they finally give necrons a new codex.. and i just finished assembling a new pc.

might have to go to GW this week and grab some shit to paint just because I love evil metal robots.

hopefully every other guy isn't starting a necron army now...

only just found out about the new necrons today..... DAMN

they finally give necrons a new codex.. and i just finished assembling a new pc.

might have to go to GW this week and grab some shit to paint just because I love evil metal robots.

hopefully every other guy isn't starting a necron army now...

Hey that's great..

I might start me a necron army now :)

Latest mini off the bench for me is this Vampire Corpse Cart. It was painted up as an ornament for a mate's desk. I'm happy with the way it turned out. I've never painted anything like this before so it was a bit of a trial and error thing, and the detail in this model is staggering which only prolonged my agony. Despite the colourful appearance, there aren't actually many colours in there at all with most of the effects achieved with washes over either white or pale green base coats.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by physt