Khirareq

Atomic Games Workshop Crew

Whoa - That thing is awesome! :D Came in to link some progress shots of my looted Hammerhead build, and feel like I've been up to nothing now :P Came up really well dude - nice work

My looted Hammerhead - Main hull is glued together and interior just about done, and can sit it on the tracks and wheels to see how its going to look. Plan on filling in all the gaps and add more panels. Going to leave the barrel split and make a belt from green stuff and strap it together. Little gretchin in the cupolas with drone hats where the drones used to sit

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/khi...d%20Hammerhead/

Hah! That's a great conversion KKhirareq! Will you be painting the interior? Have you left it in parts so you can do that?

Good call playing as Orks as well because apart from Space Marines they're the only faction who never really change over time. A mate of mine at work showed me his take on a looted Carnifex. Hilarious! Orks really are a modeller/converters dream. :-)

Damn - I thought I had just finished the interior :P

The rear shot here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/khi...11220111242.jpg That engine block and fuel tanks aren't standard Tau :P I have managed to line the inside of the two walls and ceiling, but left the floor and back wall left alone. Do have some instrument displays I want to shove in there somehow yet (Had to glue it together to check for clearance - It's damn cramped in there now). Will have to try to get some better photos (Phone is crap sorry)

Started playing Orks when I first began back in 2nd edition - Back when you could wipe out your own army on your first turn of shooting - Lub 'em :P

Will be doing a Carnifex next - I want to have a Mekboy and a Painboy fighting over the controls of it :P I'm running Orks, Tau, and 'nids and writing up a story to tie these armies all together - Tau one side, 'nids the other, and the Orks in between tying everything together :P

Sorry bloke... I must have had a man-look at the photos because I missed that one :-|

My next mini off the bench will be Ramos who I'm running as the boss of my Arcanist crew in Malifaux. I should have that one completed in the next week, and then it's one to a pile of Cryx units and Jacks for my Warmachine army. It's a sickness!

Well... I got Ramos finished today. I may have rushed a little in the end because my new PC case arrived (Corsair 650D) and I'm a little keen to get it set up.

I'm reasonably happy with how he turned out. It was my first crack at directional lighting and already looking at the photos I can see where I could improve the effect a bit. Nevertheless, time to move on to the swag of Warmachine minis I have on the production line.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by physt

Man, I SO have to get my arse into gear and do some painting, I have HEAPS of unpainted mini's in my Iron Hands army.

Also got to get around to finishing off the shadowsword conversion I started. Need to work out a way to mount the big siege shield I scratch-built for it....

Man, OSL is just plain tough. I've been experimenting with it myself. Sometimes to good effect, other times...

Oh, anybody going to cancon at all?? I will be going on the sunday if anyone wants to meetup? If there are free tables would probably be keen for a quick game too.

Another nice one :) Is it painted mostly in washes as well?

Thanks. I always use washes pretty heavily, but this one is over solid colours.

Man, OSL is just plain tough. I've been experimenting with it myself. Sometimes to good effect, other times...

I feel your pain. I think I made it difficult for myself by starting with a relatively light colour underneath. My old man is quite a handy portrait and landscape painter so I'll be hitting him up for some more pointers when he gets back from holidays.

Oh, anybody going to cancon at all?? I will be going on the sunday if anyone wants to meetup? If there are free tables would probably be keen for a quick game too.

I'll be there, but for M:TG, WoW, and Pokemon TCGs >.>

Typically though, the size of table you want won't be available until late usually - During the day they seem to throw up demo games on any spare space they can find

Typically though, the size of table you want won't be available until late usually - During the day they seem to throw up demo games on any spare space they can find

Sif not go for 40k!! :P

Didn't get into the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG by any chance?? Could dust of my crappy Dark World deck if your keen... ;P

I finally have started painting my guard and in order to motivate myself to get it done I have made the decision to attend one of the WA 40k tournaments in early March (same weekend as Soundwave so will be in Perth at the time).

I also bought a battlefoam bag, while pricy those things are magnificent at holding/transporting your models.

If I had something other than a phone camera I would post a couple of pics of my test mini as well as my first manticore.

Sif not go for 40k!! :P

Didn't get into the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG by any chance?? Could dust of my crappy Dark World deck if your keen... ;P

Yeah, um... Would you believe, despite being into 40k since 2nd ed (Would've been 95 or 96 I started), I have not played one single game of it yet? I have played a lot of Space Hulk, Necromunda, Hero Quest, Space Crusade, Inquisitor, and other GW products - But 40k just never happened for me :(

Never got into Yu-Gi-Oh - My little sister keeps saying she will teach me one day. Do like th elook of it - Seems to have a lot more triggered events than what other TCGs have

Edited by Khirareq

New 'nids and space puppies. Tyranofex and (finally) a hive tyrant kit. Yummy!

I'm hanging out for the new Warmachine Colossals expansion. I saw the promo video and within minutes was throwing money at the screen!

These things make Space Marine dreadnoughts look like wee little fluffy bunnies :-)

I've already got my paints ready for those beauties.

Ordered from the combat company. Save $40 and support a great business.

Come on Mister Postman . . .

Here's my latest effort. A gift for a mate. 2 hrs work on Friday night and I'm pretty happy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by physt

Thanks gents. I was just happy to get the eyes right... always so tricky and the slightest balls-up there can really screw the look of the mini. Those photos are probably a little extreme as the dude is only an inch tall so it looks a lot cleaner and sharper IRL.

I have another commission on the go at the moment. A forgeworld Valkyrie for seehund.

Edited by physt

Thanks gents. I was just happy to get the eyes right... always so tricky and the slightest balls-up there can really screw the look of the mini. Those photos are probably a little extreme as the dude is only an inch tall so it looks a lot cleaner and sharper IRL.

I have another commission on the go at the moment. A forgeworld Valkyrie for seehund.

I have a place set aside for it...next to the Vampire Cart :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

And Barry...

Posted Image

** All these minis assembled and painted by physt ;)

nice work physt, all your paint jobs are excellent.

that corpse cart looks awesome!