Khirareq

Atomic Games Workshop Crew

I use Agrax Earthshade on basically everything. I just slosh it on though, none of this finesse garbage, Nagash cares not for subtlety. :P

That's for tip hawkeye :)

I use Agrax Earthshade on basically everything. I just slosh it on though, none of this finesse garbage, Nagash cares not for subtlety. :P

You're right, I probably care too much... if only the models weren't so danged expensive I might be a little more adventurous!

if only the models weren't so danged expensive I might be a little more adventurous!

That right there is a problem mostly associated with Games Workshop miniatures. For what you get they are heinously expensive.

Your comment on the previous page regarding washes and large surfaces bears revisiting. Hawkeye is spot on when her says to pick out the details on large areas. I never really ran into this problem until I painted a Necron monolith many moons ago. It would have streaked terribly if I had tried to cover the entire thing in wash. I should probably also mention (for reference) those mobile artillery pieces I painted on the previous page are only 30-40mm in length.

It's a shame that miniature costs isn't relative to size/amount of plastic ;) I have used eBay to good effect, with a little patience and fortuitous timing saving me a reasonable amount, but also leaving my list with a few gaps ;)

@physt - thanks for the clarification on the washes. I've had a bit of look around and wondered about the Army Painter Quick Dips; if slathering is all the go, then sheep-dipping my minis would make sense. Have you (or anyone else on the board?) tried this out? Seems too easy to be true, but I'm prepared to spend a bit of coin if it saves significant time...

Cheers

The dips are an interesting thing, but don't bother with it in cooler temperatures as the dip won't run into detail. You will also need to have a can of Testors Dull-Cote handy because the dips leave the model very glossy.

I've found the Army Painter washes to be a much better option.

The army painter washes, in the bottle, are divine. I painted up some WW2 Germans, and base-coated every colour, and then did a single - I think - Strong Shade wash over the whole figure. Add highlights, and they looks awesome.

I have seen good results from the dips, but mostly on figures like tyranids.

• Like 1

Heya - Know I haven't been around for a while. Sorry about that. I blame Facebook

Been getting into RC cars and Gunpla of late. If noone minds, may I share my Gunpla painting as I go? I know this is meant to be a GW thread, but I see the off-topic posts and fully endorse them (Like I have any say anyways, hey? :P )

Also - I'm looking at only doing GW stuff as a per-piece basis. I've been in this hobby since 1995, and never managed a game, so will only be doing one-off pieces (Like Snikrot and other pieces I find awesome). I have given up on gaming as such, but will keep buying rulebooks and codexs (Codii?) to satisfy my own needs. On the flipside, I have a butt-load of Orks, Tau, and some 'nids I no longer need and I will put up for sale if anyone wants to buy them. If anyone is interested, just say so and I'll put up appropriate Trademart postings listing what I have

And meant to be a huge change to the setting and rules, too. Interesting times.

So what are all you lot working on at the moment? SHOW US YOUR PROJECTS!

• Like 1

So not 9th ed, but a new game using your WHFB minis. Interesting read so far, seems like it would make a good drinking game! :P

Oh man, I've been reading about that, and... it just sounds terrible!

Oh man, I've been reading about that, and... it just sounds terrible!

I'm hearing that a lot. Ah well, at least it's free!

I know this is pretty late but MOAB is on this weekend in Sydney and I will be leaving shortly to spent most of the day at MOAB.

I am not competing again this year (one day I will stop procrastinating and get back into hardcore tourny play again) however, I will be scouring the bring and buy for any lost treasures and be playing some of the participation games that are on offer Dead mans hand and Bolt Action look interesting to me at the moment.

So if you have time this weekend it is always a good way to spend some time visiting MOAB.

Cheers,

I've been seeing photos from the event showing up on various wargaming feeds on Facebook - looked like a great weekend, especially the Bolt Action stuff.

I haven't played Fantasy in years. I even play a lot less 40k these days.

Way overdue in posting this, but a few mates and I got together on the 600th anniversary of Agincourt to eat food, drink beer, smack talk and play a game of Sword and Spear.

I have a shitload of piccies here.

To set the scene, here's the hilarious email invite my mate sent out prior to the day.

Gentlemen. And Frenchmen.

This Sunday is
Agincourt
Day. When we few, we happy few, we band of nerds, shall converge upon my games room and enter into furious melee with man dollies and bucketloads of dice.

At stake is the reputation of two great Kingdoms. Can the English go 2-0 up and wipe the French from the boggy fields of
Agincourt
again? Or will the French finally have the opportunity to wipe clean the stain they earned with such infamy exactly six centuries ago? And in the process make up for their disastrous showings at Blenheim. And Moscow. And Waterloo. And all through 1870. And most of WW1. And the brief bit of WW2 before they gave up and became Nazis. And Vietnam. And Tunisia. And on the weekend against the All Blacks?

Only time will tell.

And after the Army Break point has been reached and the dice have fallen silent those lucky few who were witness to history will be able to look back and say 'I was there on St Crispin's Day in the Year of Our Lord 2015. I was part of history.'

So, come ye for an afternoon of feasting and fighting. Proceedings will commence at noon with lunch of some sort or another. Probably comprising roast animal. And then the fighting shall commence.

The scenario rules are simple.

The field consists of two sets of woods, one on each flank, which gradually constrict the field into a fairly narrow pass. In the middle of that pass are areas of ploughed ground represented by sections of field terrain.

The woods are classed as difficult ground

The ploughed fields have a few special rules:

every time a
heavy infantry or cavalry
unit moves or fights in a section of ploughed field, roll 1d6. On a 6, that section becomes difficult ground for
HI or cavalry only
for the remainder of that game TURN. The section remains rough ground for everyone else.

They are classed as rough ground BUT
If a unit straddles more than one field section, test for the one the unit occupies most.

This represents the bogging down of the heavy unit, but the possibility of finding better ground later or another unit finding a different path through.

The armies will deploy roughly in their historical positions. The English in a concave V, the French in 3 successive 'battles'. There will be a couple of rules on unit placement, described on the day.

The first to break their opponent wins.

BBBUUUUMMMMPPPPPPP!!!!

So, what the shit's happening, cool dudes?

Here's a bunch of Chaos minis I've recently completed, from the Age of Sigmar starter set.

Anyone else still putting paint on little war-dollies?

oMAQ8JL.jpg
FSgfuyh.jpg

CTsynkY.jpg

2k57gxz.jpg

mxysm0F.jpg

• Like 3

Your Khorne gear is looking amazing!

I've just got back into epic, so if anyone has spare epic minis they are not using (space marines / titans) then hook me up :P

Still playing Horus Heresy 30k, I should post up some of my pictures. What's the best way to post them up on Atomic these days? I used to use dropbox, but they make it super-hard now and you have to fiddle with URLS etc.

• Like 2

I just dumped the pics on Imgur, and dropped in the direct URL.

That's the host just about everyone uses here these days. And for good reason too: it's dead easy to upload stuff; and equally easy to link it - with no bullshit image resizing, watermarking, or injected crap.

Er, just make sure you use the right link, Tinny. You want the one beginning with "i.imgur" - that's the direct link. At least one of the others times out - it'll be fine when you post it, but will break after a day.

• Like 2