Khirareq

Atomic Games Workshop Crew

Why? AccessDenied has a copy, plus I believe he did volunteer his place if we wanted to play ;P

May want to look for Munchkin though - Cant find my decks for it (Come 2nd of Jan (Assuming I make it to then) my pay is clear again and plenty of disposible once more)

Edited by Khirareq

G-relk - yeah, the cases are nice. We're working on a way to provide a customised set of trays using a method similar to the way 'pack and send' package things. At the moment it looks like prices will be $15-$20 per layer (top and bottom pieces moulded to your army). Does that sound like a good idea?

Just been told we're in the December White Dwarf with a nice New Store flag (look in the store list for ATLAS Hobbies in Port Kembla). Official!

We will be running modeling and moulding workshops for folks who are interested in that, and will have all the required materials. . .

And now, back to the endless line of sprues that is my future!

thats kool. i know that there is a company that produce a similar thing to the foam trays in the GW cases, but i forget the name. its a sponsor of WargammerAU tho, so it should be listed there somewhere.

otherwise you can actually buy just the foam trays from GW direct, $40 for a set of 3 IIRC

Yup, got myself 1 of each type of tray from mini soft. The guy missed posting them to me so I met him at one of the gaming clubs. Great trays, really recommend them.

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd post this picture from another forum. Each month we have been doing modelling/painting "oaths" to keep ourselves motivated, and this was his December oath.

Posted Image

Yup, got myself 1 of each type of tray from mini soft. The guy missed posting them to me so I met him at one of the gaming clubs. Great trays, really recommend them.

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd post this picture from another forum. Each month we have been doing modelling/painting "oaths" to keep ourselves motivated, and this was his December oath.

Posted Image

lol, interesting conversions...

Also, I'm about to go check how effective my packing in the carry case was.

Edit: Well, no minis in the carry case were damaged. Strangely, one of the plastic clips holding it shut was...

Edited by TechHeadFred

i saw those santa/elves models on the bolter and chainsword, he did a great job on them.

hopefully i should be getting some stuff in the mail today, got some stuff yersterday.

i got a new marine built as well, so ill try and post pics tonight. plus i have nearly finished a termie captain, so ill post him as well.

I've noticed that EVERY time i go to a games workshop, without fail, at least once a bunch of teeny girls will try to push, drag or otherwise get one of their girl friends in the store.

Has anyone else noticed?

Kneadatite (Green stuff) supplier - TICK

ProCreate supplier - TICK

OK. Now, what were the rules for LOTR again???

;p

I've noticed that EVERY time i go to a games workshop, without fail, at least once a bunch of teeny girls will try to push, drag or otherwise get one of their girl friends in the store.

Has anyone else noticed?

yeah, that or do that while attempting to drag their boyfriend out.

its not like games workshop stires are that nerdy...

are they???

lol, "run, dont walk, from the Games Workshop store!!"

Has anyone else noticed?

yeah, that or do that while attempting to drag their boyfriend out.

its not like games workshop stires are that nerdy...

are they???

lol, "run, dont walk, from the Games Workshop store!!"

And then the girlfriends go and buy their 50th pair of shoes and 70th handbag FOR THAT YEAR, and the boyfriend tries to escape.

Has anyone else noticed?

Yeah - Its akin to bullies shoving boys into the girls toilet at school

Don't blame them - I dont like walking in there either >.>

With regard to the trays, I was talking about trays moulded to YOUR models, not any one-size-fits-all solution. Each section will be a two part (top and bottom) layer loosely moulded to your needs. I imagine that the top layer of one tray will be attached to the bottom layer of the tray above. So, your banners and other protuberances will be properly supported and each large model will have a form-fitting home at last.

Think of shrink-wrapping the models, our process would create a tray similar to the shrink-wrap (except thicker, of course).

/mykl needz coffee/

With regard to the trays, I was talking about trays moulded to YOUR models, not any one-size-fits-all solution. Each section will be a two part (top and bottom) layer loosely moulded to your needs. I imagine that the top layer of one tray will be attached to the bottom layer of the tray above. So, your banners and other protuberances will be properly supported and each large model will have a form-fitting home at last.

Think of shrink-wrapping the models, our process would create a tray similar to the shrink-wrap (except thicker, of course).

/mykl needz coffee/

OIC

well, that WOULD be awesome. tho i dont know whether you could get enough sales to make it viable.

G-Relk, Had some interest in the trays from an EOI on WargamerAU, had an idea about packaging a kit for people to make their own custom cases - that may well be a goer!

You have me curious about how you go ahead with it now - Do you take the army for measurements to ensure a good fitting? Or run with some standard templates and cut to order? How long would it take per model?

Typically, Im not interested in purchasing - But the method you use has me curious - Although I understand if you would rather not talk about it too much (And give away all your hard thinking)

I am looking for some foam inserts though - Would like to have them on a tray so I can move through squads a bit easier (I got a desk last night!!) - Having them standing all the time Im prone to knocking them over or against each other, chipping the paint

Edited by Khirareq

G-Relk, Had some interest in the trays from an EOI on WargamerAU, had an idea about packaging a kit for people to make their own custom cases - that may well be a goer!

Now THAT would be awesome, and as long as the instructions are realatively easy to follow, could be very popular. plus, if its a relatively simple kit to use, then its prolly going to be easy to make.

FWIW id buy something like that.

got some more stuff done that ill try and post tonight!

finished a termie captain, tactical marine (that has the old devestator legs), and a few other odds and ends.

got an AoBR dread coming soon to start building my 4th one!

ok here are the pics:

latest three finished guys (the midle has had his sword blade replaced. but is old news)

Posted Image

marine on the rights leg details:

Posted Image

termie captain:

Posted Image

other angles:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-r...er/DSCF0156.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-r...er/DSCF0157.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-r...er/DSCF0158.jpg

nearly finished GK DCCW:

Posted Image

Slightly re-worked sergeant:

Posted Image

and another distraction, this time a Pre-heresy Iron Warrior Warsmith based on the master of the armoury:

Posted Image

other angles:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-r...er/DSCF0163.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-r...er/DSCF0162.jpg

so, waddya think??

What do I think???

I think I'd like to have your mad skillz!

bastard

;p

new content!

first up: 6th vanguard vet (minus jump pack)

Posted Image

the torso is the black templars one with the icon cut off, and two plasticard circles glues over the top, #7 vanguard has the same torso.

and the "sergeant" for the command squad:

Posted Image

i ran out of assualt legs so i had to canibalise the ones on vanguard # 6 from one of my other sergeants, but that wont matter as i have a MUCH cooler model to replace him (the metal techmarine from the older command squad boxed set).

ive also nearly finished vanguard #7, just gotta finish off the bionic legs, giv him a right arm, and put a jumpack on him.

the vanguard squad when finished will have:

3 x marines with thunder hammer and storm shield (1 finished - pending painting)

1 x marine with twin lightning claws (finished - pending painting)

1 x sergeant with relic blade and storm shield (finished - pending painting)

4 x marines with power weapon and plasma pistol (2 1/2 finished - pending painting)

1 x marine with power weapon and storm sheild

im quickly running out of bits to finish this squad, nearly all my chainswords have been converted into power weapons, i dont have any more thunder hammers, i only just had enough storm sheilds, and i think im short a torso front :(

oh well, after these guys are done, plus the dread its rank and file marines, w00t!

now, dont expect any more updates for at least a week, work is going to get REALLY busy coming into christmas

Kicking it old skool, YO!!

First I was like, OMGWTF!? No wai!

Posted Image

Thens I openeds the lid

Posted Image

*nerdgasm* Its complete, well, ignoring the fact theres one 1" rad counter missing, its complete - Everything is in perfect condition, ignoring the ones where rubber bands had melted and stuck to the cards (been sorted), but its all there (Even the Foot of Mork/Gork, Da'Krunch - We thought it missing)

I ever mention I hate this fucker?

Posted Image

probably... >.>

But wait, theres more!

Posted Image

O.O Its mostly there - Looks like all counters and doors, missing two floor panels but I can make replacements, and substitute some of the missing models from the current range, btu I can get it up and playable nice and easy

They dont make them like this any more :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And some hitch hikers

Posted Image

Dont tell mum, but this is better than what I got for christmas :P

Big thanks to FAZZ_Gundam - The man was willing to let these go without money exchanging hands, but I dont think I can do that - Have arranged to sort him out later (Hes probably glad I didnt dry-hump his leg)

The orange guy in that last pic looks like a plastic Commander Dante?

I picked up Chief Librarian Mephiston for my Blood Angels army from the GW store in Freo while I was there, will have to put him together, paint a bit and get some pics up over the next few days...