Sign in to follow this  
scorpius

Animation help.

AniMate v1.001

This is a little program I am making to aid animators, especially when you need sync an animation to an audio track. If you've recorded the audio first, you simply list the time offset where the audio event occurred and enter it into the program. You can also add a description to help keep track of the events.

Posted Image

At this stage, there are no provisions to edit the individual entries but the next version will be hooked up to a database so this will be possible. You are able to download a .csv file of your work also.

I'm open to suggestions for improvements too!

Congratulations! You invented the Dope Sheet!

Pretty cool implementation though, makes it quick. Maybe something to indicate sounds (for lipsyncing on a frame by frame basis - see here http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/aim/a_notes/...s/dopesheet.gif )

My initial idea was just as a tool for one off calculations of frame numbers based on a time offset, but I decided to keep the entries on the screen for reference. Seeing the dope sheet, I think I could incorporate more of its features in the next version, with easily editable fields.

Congratulations! You invented the Dope Sheet!

Pretty cool implementation though, makes it quick. Maybe something to indicate sounds (for lipsyncing on a frame by frame basis - see here http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/aim/a_notes/...s/dopesheet.gif )

My initial idea was just as a tool for one off calculations of frame numbers based on a time offset, but I decided to keep the entries on the screen for reference. Seeing the dope sheet, I think I could incorporate more of its features in the next version, with easily editable fields.

For that it works well. It's simple and does the job, and its easier than writing it down and calculating it.

I'll play around with it more, when it comes time for me to do my next animation assignment at uni.

this should come in very helpfull.... THANKS mate!