i will be keeping an eye on this mod...

see what magic thefungi pulls out of the next....

By the way are you a saints supporter, bloody well hope so.

they need alot of help if they want to win a gf!

Cool can't wait to see how it turns out.

Question: Will 750W be enough for you? My rig OCed to max and running Furmark and LinX pushed power draw into the high 700's and peaked occasionally in the mid 800's.

Not saying your rig will pull that but if you're just doing short bench runs at max OCs you might be pushing the PSU to much.

Love the video Frunj, next time add some lego men into it doing the work for the win!

Signing the old molex tool is one of the nice touches that Nils does to his packages, the sleeving looks excellent how much did you buy to do over the 750 watter? By the way are you a saints supporter, bloody well hope so.

Haha, nice idea. I might add them into the next segment or something.

I'm sleeving pretty much everything in the build, and I got extra sleeving just in case I messed anything up (which is definitely possible). Here's my rough calculations and layout:

Posted Image

My mostly-illegible plan shows the pinouts for the connectors and the pattern I'm thinking of doing. For the 24-pin I'm thinking six threads of black on the outsides of the connector with alternating chequered white/red in the middle. I'm sticking with that theme for the other cables too - black outside, white/red inside.

For sleeving I took these Seasonic X-750 cable lengths

Main Power Cables

ATX: 570mm x 24 = 13,680mm
Black (12 cables @ 6840mm), White (6 cables @ 3420mm), Red (6 cables @ 3420mm)

EPS/8-pin: 580 x 8 = 4,640mm
Black (4 cables @ 2320mm), White (2 cables @ 1160mm), Red (2 cables @ 1160mm)

PCIe (4 total): 580 x 8 x 4 = 18,560mm
Black (4 cables @ 9280mm), White (2 cables @ 4640mm), Red (2 cables @ 4640mm)

The peripherals were slightly trickier to work out

Peripheral Power Cables

SATA (connectors at 450mm, 600mm, 750mm): 750mm
Black (3 cables @ 2250mm), White (1 cables @ 750mm), Red (1 cables @ 750mm)

Molex #1 ("" 350mm, 500mm): 500mm
Molex #2 ("" 450mm, 600mm, 750mm): 750mm
Molex #3 ("" 550mm, 700mm, 850mm): 850mm
TOTAL MOLEX LENGTH: 2100mm
Black (2 cables @ 4200mm), White (1 cables @ 2100mm), Red (1 cables @ 2100mm)

So in total the PSU requires 49,030mm of sleeve. Each colour works out as

Black: 24,890mm

White: 12,070mm

Red: 12,070mm

Colour pinouts

ATX:
BBBWRWRWRBBB
BBBRWRWRWBBB

EPS:
BWRB
BRWB

PCIe:
BWRB
BRWB

SATA:
BWBRB

Molex:
BWRB
I rounded upwards to 20,000mm (20 metres) for White and Red, and ordered extra Black to the tune of 40,000mm (40 metres). For heatshrink I went with the recommended 1 metre of shrink per 10 of sleeve.

Hopefully that's clear enough! XD

Question: Will 750W be enough for you? My rig OCed to max and running Furmark and LinX pushed power draw into the high 700's and peaked occasionally in the mid 800's.

Not saying your rig will pull that but if you're just doing short bench runs at max OCs you might be pushing the PSU to much.

Yeah, I reckon it'll be plenty for my needs. I'm not so likely to be stresstesting for very long once I get a stable OC, and I've got a lot of faith in the Seasonic unit. Thanks for the heads-up though! :)

Sounds great Justin, should be fun to put together. Sleeving... maybe not so fun, or so I've heard.

Cool can't wait to see how it turns out.

Was that measured at the wall? If so, multiply it by the efficiency of your PSU to find out the actual draw (in relation to the rating). e.g. let's assume you have a fairly new 85% efficient PSU. That would mean your PC is drawing 800 * 0.85 = 680W from the PSU ;)

Theres some serious drooling happening to this atomican. Theres this great aura surrounding your posts. Looking forward to any updates.

That all made perfect sence frunj, so 70m of sleeving, that's pretty reasonable. Are you going to sleeve fan and data cables too?

maybe i should sleve everything on my next build...including the mouse and keyboard!

good looking build..cant wait!

maybe i should sleve everything on my next build...including the mouse and keyboard!

good looking build..cant wait!

Have you ever tried sleeving something before? If not you'll probably want to get some practise in before you get to excited and start stripping apart keyboards, mice, headphones...........................................

no i havnt..i should practise.....but is sleaving everything a good idea?

Edited by jdog

If you know what your doing its fine. grab a shitty PSU to try it on 1st and then do the real thing.

It's nothing too difficult. Just takes a lot of time to do.

Look up some videos on youtube for help.

Doesn't exactly serve a purpose other than aesthetics.

I'm not a huge fan of it and often find that I dislike the look of indicidually sleeved PSUs.

The sleeving that Corsair use on their PSUs is fine though.

one shitty PSU = ive got that (it dead so that good then i cant fry myself)

but becuase im getting a corsair modular PSU for my next build (maybe the AX1200) i dont need to sleve the PSU...i could do the GPU cables.....

but becuase im getting a corsair modular PSU for my next build (maybe the AX1200) i dont need to sleve the PSU...i could do the GPU cables.....

Ax1200 is a bit much mate :P You could save shit loads of money going for something lower :D

Ax1200 is a bit much mate :P You could save shit loads of money going for something lower :D

im going to get the ax1200 becuase then it will last me a while and becuame im going to be using the same case (HAF X) and psu for 2 builds (this one and when sandy bridge E comes out) having the extra power isnt such a bad idea...

my next build is going to have dual gtx 580s in it.. (im starting it next year)

Edited by jdog

jdog please keep on-topic, I don't need to know about your component purchases in my thread :)

Was that measured at the wall? If so, multiply it by the efficiency of your PSU to find out the actual draw (in relation to the rating). e.g. let's assume you have a fairly new 85% efficient PSU. That would mean your PC is drawing 800 * 0.85 = 680W from the PSU ;)

Yeah good point. I thought of that later on after I posted it. :P

jdog please keep on-topic, I don't need to know about your component purchases in my thread :)

my bad,sorry for that.

where are you up to now?