Sign in to follow this  
pandemonium

Corsair H70 and old dusty ...

I've found the pre installed filters on the HAF X are quite restrictive.

For example, sitting about 1 foot away from the case, I couldn't feel any air exhausting out the front from my rad setup which is blowing directly through the drive bays, however when I took off one of the drive covers, I immediately felt the air hitting my face.

I can only imagine how much they restrict airflow in other parts of the case.

so having the haf X with the filters on would be a bad idea?

Filters period are a bad idea as far as airflow is concerned. You sacrifice one for the other, that's the way it is.

The HAF 932 is awesome for airflow without the filters. But its a terrible dust magnet.

With filters on the airflow is still there, I have my 2.6 @ 3.8 stable, so its not like the filters stop airflow entirely.

At a guess judging airflow on my hand with/without filters, I'd say about half.

LOL when I first got the case, I naively believed it had that much airflow going through, the dust would simply be sucked in and blown out :P

Personally I'd opt for filters. Airflow is effected by half or more with them, but its better than a PC full of dust. Others may disagree and opt for a routine clean.

But its either one or the other.

i see,so having the HAF X WITH filters ON is a good idea?

and ill still bea ble to overclock?

Having no filters is worse, because you'll get everything clogged full of dust. Then your overclock will become unstable over a period of time.

As long as you have more intake than out, and all intake have filters, dust won't be an issue.