geekytalon

Stereo Headphones for an Electronic Drum Kit?

I have officially got my audio techinica headphones. They are amazing. Everything sounds 100% more detailed and lush. I was extremely pleased with the crisp sounds of the drum kit. No flaws i can see whatsoever.

Thank you for making me a very happy boy.

Hey, one last thing- where did you end up getting them from? I have a mate interested...

This is a little late but I'll point out that your neighbours are probably not complaining entirely about the volume but thumping caused by you stomping the kick peddle. That was the problem I had with my electric practice kit until I moved into a ground floor apartment.

For something as 'low fi' as drums

Obviously not a drummer =oP Bass heavy headphones are the best way to ruin a good drum sound you also need a nice clear treble for the cymbals to come through. Drums have a wide range of frequencies from the kick drum through to a fast crash or splash cymbal. Nothing Lo-Fi about the sound of a pair of K Custom hats (that run for 900-1000 a pair).

I have officially got my audio techinica headphones. They are amazing. Everything sounds 100% more detailed and lush. I was extremely pleased with the crisp sounds of the drum kit. No flaws i can see whatsoever.

Thank you for making me a very happy boy.

Hey, one last thing- where did you end up getting them from? I have a mate interested...

Hi, Ex-geekytalon here,

Sorry to leave u hanging for so long. In case you havent done anything about it for 2 months... i found this... http://www.crazysales.com.au/audio-technic...nes_p33871.html

In case what i just presented was pointless i would like to say the cans you recommended is still serving me quite well. I use it for anything and it sounds fabulous.

Cheerio!

Edited by mr.twinkie