Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
LogicprObe

Kristy Fraser-Kirk

Vote!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Heroine or Gold digger?

• Heroine
    • Gold Digger

This case has left a bad taste in my mouth..............how about you?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/davi...9-1225940032933

KRISTY Fraser-Kirk has settled her $37 million suit against DJs and its ex-CEO Mark McInnes for $850,000 - but none will go to charity.

Ms Fraser-Kirk has withdrawn her offer to donate part of the $850,000 pay-out over the David Jones sexual harassment, which was settled today.

The junior publicist had said she would donate her punitive damage claim of $2 million to charity.

But because the matter was settled out of court she will not now give any of the money to be paid to her by the retailer and its former CEO Mark McInnes.

In a statement, Fraser-Kirk said "I had asked the Court to award punitive damages, which was to go to charity, but as the Court will no longer be determining the case that's no longer possible. I look forward, however, to participating in charitable work in the future.''

The final details of the deal were confirmed this morning, with both sides counting the cost.

The 27-year-old had been expecting a much larger pay day of $37 million, after launching Australia's richest sexual harassment case against McInnes.

She accused her boss of harassing her for sex and making provocative comments at work functions. He denied most of her claims, but stepped down from his position when she took legal action.

The size of her demand was ridiculed in legal circles and she drew public scrutiny after The Daily Telegraph published photos of her enjoying a luxury holiday in New York playground, The Hamptons.

She would later attempt to charge the travel bill to McInnes and DJs as part of her distress in dealing with the high-profile case.

McInnes, who resigned in disgrace over the allegations, also acknowledged the end to matter which has cost him his job and reputation.

"I welcome today's settlement. It brings to an end a difficult time in many peoples' lives and hopefully it marks the moment that everyone can begin focusing on the future,'' he said.

"I have repeatedly said that the vast majority of the allegations are simply untrue and the nature of the court proceedings was an abuse of legal process.''

The claim came at a difficult time personally, with McInnes expecting his first child with girlfriend Lisa Kelly.

He indicated he intends to resume his career next year.

Fraser-Kirk claimed her challenge had "lead to real debate'' on workplace harassment," which I am confident will lead to change.''

Edited by LogicprObe

She'll need that $850K, because I think she might have a hard time finding work in her chosen industry in future.

Sure, the bloke was guilty, but the case was so high-profile that any future male boss will have that thought "I might be next" in the back of his head.

She's a bit of alright and I wouldn't knock her back, but then again I wouldn't go all stalker on her either.

What must poor David think?

Should have hidden the sausage more carefully? Besides, at least it's not $850K in gold bullion.

she did it for the money, its as simple as that

Most whores usually provide some sort of service.............

simple dont hit on any female staff when your in postions of power.....

Guilty of what?

Asking a pretty girl out?

That's all I'm seeing.

Yeah, he was only reading quotes from your "How to pick up chicks without fail" book.

Personally, i wouldn't find anything wrong with it if she hadn't promised to give the money to charity in the first place. What exactly did the guy do anyways? I mean 36 million, that's a fuckload of money. Most rape victims wouldn't get that amount of compensation

Edited by SlurmsMackenzie

Kristy Fraser-Kirk

... is actually a friend of ours.

Put in a good word for me. I'm gonna have a stab.

Is it true that she also filed a sexual harassment claim with one of her previous employers, the armed services?

Surprise fucking surprise!!!

She's done absolutely NOTHING for sexual harassment claims or charity, all she's done is show how to grab money from her boss. I am of the opinion that this was done not for any employee rights, but just for the notoriety and dollars... and I fucking KNEW she would withdraw her charity donation... I actually made a bet with my husband over it.

I don't care who she's friends with... this was nothing more than a money grab. Honestly, if this was about the sexual harrassment suit she would NOT have settled for anything less than what she was claiming and she WOULD have followed through with her promise of a donation.

some people will do anything to get money....

I reckon she started out well intentioned, the bloke who was her boss was a bloody fool to show any interest at all.

As for those trashing her, you're all looking bitter that you dont have the $$. Very petty some of you.

"beauty may be more than skin deep, but ulgy goes to the bone" (not directed at you Mr V)

Stay Nude, Stay Happy

Edited by naturist_ned

I've not followed this case very closely at all.

Would not liked to have tried - to do what she did - myself without full body and mind armour...the pressure to have an out

of court settlement would have been phenomenal.

As has been said she'll probably need the $850.00 to support herself for the time being.

To make the statement of giving the 37 million ( or whatever the figure was ) to charity, was imo. a manipulation tactic

that backfired very badly on her.

This would best have been left unsaid, now it makes her look cheap.

From a news story, it was said that the company paid most of the money to her with Mark paying only a small amount himself.

Does this mean that DJ's think Mark guilty ? Or are they ( DJ's ) trying to be seen to do the right thing ?

edit: not voting...for the reason above.

Edited by eveln

It's a real pity it didn't go to the full $37mil. That is an amount that would really make companies think before continuing to promote and turn a blind eye to the behaviour of scumbags like McInnes.