Sign in to follow this  
tunksy

so umm yea should i get this, you know, cos i can..

The thing with radiators is....

If a dual 120 rad keeps things cool, a 10 foot one wont do any better.

It will if there are more and more things on the loop, its true with anything, more surface area = greater cooling capacity.

That Rad would be great for running like 2-3 GTX480s and an overclocked i7 or something.

Yes absolutely, but I'm saying if it doesn't require, a bigger rad is mostly pointless.

It will if there are more and more things on the loop, its true with anything, more surface area = greater cooling capacity.

That Rad would be great for running like 2-3 GTX480s and an overclocked i7 or something.

Yes absolutely, but I'm saying if it doesn't require, a bigger rad is mostly pointless.

Yep, I often wonder if a better rad would give me better temps on my i7, maybe a few degrees, but I think changing the cpu block would be a better option (Although I love my cpu block, so I wont be getting rid of it any time soon, swiftech can go shove their apogee XT up their asses)

Would be interesting to try Dasa's cpu in my loop and mine in his, just to see if it really does make a difference.

Yep, I often wonder if a better rad would give me better temps on my i7, maybe a few degrees, but I think changing the cpu block would be a better option (Although I love my cpu block, so I wont be getting rid of it any time soon, swiftech can go shove their apogee XT up their asses)

Would be interesting to try Dasa's cpu in my loop and mine in his, just to see if it really does make a difference.

i can help compare once i put my 870 back under again, tho last time the loop was up it never went above 60 a 4.3ghz

edit: and that was with shit fans. do you still have the swiftech radbox?

Edited by tunksy

Yeah I do, I think its missing a few bits and bobs though.

And to compare what I'd like to do is, hook up my mobo/cpu/ram to dasa's loop and hook his stuff up to mine and see how the temps are, not really a comparison unless you're comparing the same loops/cpus.

Yeah I do, I think its missing a few bits and bobs though.

And to compare what I'd like to do is, hook up my mobo/cpu/ram to dasa's loop and hook his stuff up to mine and see how the temps are, not really a comparison unless you're comparing the same loops/cpus.

damn.

ahh i follow now lol

best you can do with a rad is to get the water within ~3c of ambient when the pc is under load but even 3c can be hard to achieve with hot pc parts

if your water is warmer than this then a bigger rad or more airflow can help

but if your around 3c getting lower takes a shitload more airflow

if i ever wanted to go below ambient id get a peltier, but really i could not be bothered with all the hassle it'll bring, i just like the idea of a large rad cos it looks cool and will give me room for when i upgrade my gpu and then put it in the loop. that being said, id prob just buy another rad and mount it externally, this black ice one i have atm is great.

Attach one of these to it :PP

a good idea mate, but personaly like 4 180mm fans, liek those new silverstone air penetrators, reckon theyd be good for a rad.

Um what?

He didn't say he wanted a hex core processor.

And according to that link 125watt and even 140watt cpu's are supported.

Gogo custom shroud. How you have that much heat to dissipate, I'll leave as a question for another day.

a good idea mate, but personaly like 4 180mm fans, liek those new silverstone air penetrators, reckon theyd be good for a rad.

Oh yeah, realistically the 4 penetrators would be better.

so what case can actually fit that without modding? lol.

hmmm prolly that new lian li...or a mountain mods!

Any full tower case!*

*As long as you don't want to put anything else in it :P

Any full tower case!*

*As long as you don't want to put anything else in it :P

could put it in my thermaltake soprano lol sitin next to my case atm anyway lol