Sign in to follow this  
g__day

Windows XP 64 bit - Where to get a 64 bit Canon LBP-1000 Printer driver

Well its the printer now that is being nasty to me - the reliable workhorse LBP-1000. Seems the Canon print driver doesn't like Windows XP 64 bit much.

Anyone heard pf a solution - Canon and Google don't help much.

One web suggested run DriverDetector.exe - who knows if thats a root kit or malware in disguise?

Suggestions welcome!

Matthew

Canon have been notoriously bad with providing x64 (XP and Vista) drivers for their printers. I have an LBP-810 that's been basically rendered inert because both my wife and I now run Vista 64.

I've not had any success finding an alternative, mainly because my printer requires that incredibly silly Canon Advanced Printing Technology (CAPT) applet to be installed on your system before it will run. If the LBP-1000 needs the same thing, then I think you might be in for a similar fate unfortunately.

Don't even know why it's still sitting on my desk really......

I do however bid you good like in your search, and if you find anything that works, be sure to let me know!

Asked my brother - its so blindingly obivious not even Canon Tech support though of this, let alone 20 tech websites I visited!

Go Start -> Settings -> Printer and Faxes and simply add printer select Canon and your model number - works a total charm!

Asked my brother - its so blindingly obivious not even Canon Tech support though of this, let alone 20 tech websites I visited!

Go Start -> Settings -> Printer and Faxes and simply add printer select Canon and your model number - works a total charm!

Thats so lol.

Trust in windows... and it shall treat you well.

Good stuff!

Unfortunately not that simple with my LBP-810 because of the stupid CAPT applet. Even connecting it to an XP machine and sharing it over IP still requires the damned applet (read, can't even print direct via IP)

*sigh*

Can you try the LBP-860 driver? Printing worked for me - both direct connect and Via a D-Link router - thought I had to manually create a custom port using the IP of the router and set the port's mode from RAW to LPR, name its queue lq and set lpr byte count on - then it worked fine as a networked device..