Acintai

Diablo III

Does anyone else find the cut-screen quality a little, or more than a little, disappointing? Especially if you compare starcraft 2 to diablo 3.

Still fifth class looks cool - i just wish they would announce the release date and bloody release it already

Id love to play this game now just as much as the next person but personally no... I dont want them to release it now. I want them to release it when its ready

Id love to play this game now just as much as the next person but personally no... I dont want them to release it now. I want them to release it when its ready

isnt that there usual method of making games? thats why they took so long on starcraft 2?

This game i will get. Diablo 2 was wonderful and this one can kill mass effect and dragon age origins. (If you're not hardcore hooked with story development.)

when i first heard they were calling the class 'demon hunter' i was thinking oh god theres going to be Illidans everywhere, but it actually sounds pretty cool. and just incase anyone isnt up to date, the classes are Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, Monk and Demon Hunter. female and male.

and i like to think of it as

barbarian - barbarian

necromancer - witch doctor

sorceress - wizard

paladin - monk (i guess)

amazon - demon hunter

Edited by Acintai

I see it as being butchered... this isn't Diablo any more. It's hackneyed crap sporting the Diablo name. Having said that, I will still prolly buy it and smash it so I can be sure my criticisms are accurate. And if I'm wrong, I'll admit. But so far my "SUCK-O-METER" is off the scale...

isnt that there usual method of making games? thats why they took so long on starcraft 2?

Exactly, and they've already shown us it works so... Stick to it..

With the exception of WoW... I still say thats terrible but the masses disagree and I guess thats all that matters :)

Career openings @ Blizzard

Divides into:

Job description @ Blizzard

... which gives us:

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced designer for the Diablo team. This position involves setting design direction for a team, as well as contributing heavily to game design. The ideal candidate has prior experience in console game development, proven experience in game design, an exceptional aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of Diablo, and a longstanding passion for playing games.

For years now, Blizzard has always left the door open to a console port/version/whatever of Diablo:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/console-...ically-possible

Blizzard's vice president of game design Rob Pardo has admitted that a console version of Diablo is "theoretically posssible"... [He] said, "I think it's theoretically possible. It would have some control changes that I think you'd have to make... But it's probably, of our major franchises, the one that's most console friendly, for sure."

This particular role and it's implications has been discussed on many a forum over the last couple days/weeks, but I didn't get a result when I searched this forum. I was going to post it in console, but it's still a bit quiet over there and mightn't generate any interesting conversation. So here it is instead :D

Anyone remember these?

Posted Image

Posted Image

The PS1 edition of Diablo was absolutely sublime. 2 player co-op with an (accidentally) hilarious Swedish dub. Starcraft64 was also pretty good, though from memory Blizzard didn't do the port internally (co-developed with Mass Media Entertainment).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the actual point of this post is, how does everyone belonging to the PC Master Race feel about this? 'GAF had a pretty hilarious thread about it with all sorts of hyperbole being flung around, but surely the more people who get to enjoy Diablo the better?

Edited by elfinke

[

For years now, Blizzard has always left the door open to a console port/version/whatever of Diablo:

Baldur's gate on the gamecube wasn't standard Baldur's gate but it was still loads of fun doing co-op

I remember Diablo very clearly and i loved the fact you went deeper and deeper underground beneath the church, it had this feeling of european knights theme of heaven vs hell

Diablo 2 was similar in a way but it strayed out of the European medieval theme of heaven vs hell theme and into a more of exploration of other civilizations which was fine and it worked out pretty good in the end.

I just hope this game works out well. I'm still not convinced of this game just yet,...i don't mind the look but i certainly don't want it to feel like its WoW.

I am more curious how Diablo is out again and causing mayhem in Diablo 3 (since this game is about Diablo, Lord of Terror), or are we fighting Diablo Jr? And would the 2 other brothers Mephisto and Baal be in the game too, not to mention the demon lords that usurped the 3 brothers.

Anyway, the actual point of this post is, how does everyone belonging to the PC Master Race feel about this? 'GAF had a pretty hilarious thread about it with all sorts of hyperbole being flung around, but surely the more people who get to enjoy Diablo the better?

I don't think most PC users would really care. As long as Blizzard did a good job porting it across.

I would not waste my time on a console version of a primarily PC based game.

What? A console port? Rediculous. How on earth do they expect to port over the complex controls of Diablo over to consoles?

"CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKC

LICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCL

ICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLI

CKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLIC

KCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK*

I don't think most PC users would really care. As long as Blizzard did a good job porting it across.

That's what I would have thought as well. I can't recall a 'bad' Blizzard game ever, so no-one should be harbouring any quality concerns over this.

I would not waste my time on a console version of a primarily PC based game.

And that's fine. I'm the same. Even the old favourite argument from the console side, "but I like playing games on my 50" plasma from my comfy couch with my 5.1 surround sound" (I'm guilty of saying it) doesn't hold any water any more. Cheap HTPC's are powerful enough to run Crysis at 1080p, laptops not far behind and for a lot people, their desktops are in their living rooms anyway.

I would add though, that something like Sacred 2, another primarily PC-based A-RPG game, is sublime on the consoles (though personally, it's still a 'better' game on PC, due to both the modding community support and my preference for M+KB over dual analogue sticks for this style of gaming), compromised performance issues aside.

What? A console port? Ridiculous. How on earth do they expect to port over the complex controls of Diablo over to consoles?

CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

C

LICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKC

L

ICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCL

I

CKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLI

C

KCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK*

Heheh, I have seen this argument bandied about a bit (though I took yours as more humourous than serious)! But anyone who has partaken in loot ninjaing, or AOE placement of a Blizz-Sorc or even a FireOrb-Sorc will argue vehemently about the importance and need for a pointing device (and not necessarily the Move, Wii or Kinect) for those playstyles.

Something else to mull over: Given Valve's recent bedding up with Sony (largely to do with the Pro's of the PSN network, and probably some money-hatting too), what are the chances of Blizzard getting some cross-platform MP (purely hypothetical - I don't think I even want cross-platform MP in Diablo 3)?

I'll answer with very, very low this generation. XBL is a 99% completely closed environment (Shadowrun notwithstanding), and the PSN isn't any better, though Sony are showing signs of being more open than Microsoft on that front.

Edited by elfinke

Dont care if they port it, but I'll be buying it on the PC. No question. Frankly I'd be surprised if it sold much on consoles. And there's no way they do cross platform MP; PC gamers always win these things and the companies have to close the MP down because of it.

Basically I'm saying PC gamers are teh bestest eva, k?!

What? A console port? Rediculous. How on earth do they expect to port over the complex controls of Diablo over to consoles?

CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

C

LICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKC

L

ICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCL

I

CKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLI

C

KCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK*

hahah!

Funny...that you've got a avatar pic of Justin..shouldn't you be playing console port of Diablo III? lol

"BUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONA

BUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONA

BUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONABUTTONA

TRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGER

TRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRI

GGER

TRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRIGGERTRI

GGER"

Hope you realise Diablo 1 was on ps one. This isn't the first time Diablo has been to console.

I don't know.. I could see it working on a console.

So long as they ported the thing properly, I see how reason why it couldn't work.

I'd grab it on PC for a single reason... Mods/Maps.

I'm wondering if they'll allow players to build custom levels/mods. That'd be an awesome addition.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by neowulf