Acintai

Diablo III

It's been done Diablo 1 and it was received well it also had single system co-op.

They might, custom level design brought heaps or re-playability to Starcraft BUT Diablo 1 and 2's re-playability was the whole carrot on a stick grind, so perhaps Blizzard will allow their content to keep us playing. Who knows?

Edited by Bundy

Super-bump for new information:

http://i.joystiq.com/2011/02/10/blizzard-i...o-for-consoles/

It's something that we're actually doing an investigation into to see if that could make sense... Asked directly if he [blizzard Entertainment CEO Mike Morhaime] thought Diablo would be the Blizzard game that could most easily be ported for consoles, he nodded in the affirmative

Now that various other ActiBlizz franchises are gone (GH/THPS/DJH), it makes sense for this franchise to have a rebirth on this gen of consoles, and sit alongside the other juggernauts COD/WOW as money spinners.

And since Gabe/Valve have proven that a distro/MP platform that is independent of PSN can actually co-exist with it (Steamworks etc), there is a very real chance that ActiBlizz can swing a deal to get cohabitation happening with Battle.net.

Anyway, it's some interesting food for thought. I for one would double dip on Diablo 3. A copy for my living room and a copy for my PC.

Edited by elfinke

Would work, and work quite well...

But I don't think they should do it.

But they will, because it means more big dollars in Blizzards pockets.

I don't really like the classes (except barbarian) now after going over them again recently. maybe expansion will introduce the classics.

On a vaguely related note, anyone been enjoying the Diablo 3 mods (maps) for Warcraft 3? If you haven't, I'll put some screeenies up later...the quality is absolutely staggering and it's a constant wonder for me that what I'm playing is in Warcraft 3's 8 year old engine.

Here's a vid of the first Warcraft 3 Diablo 3 mod. A number of others were released since then, and the quality of all is very good, but I've had the occasional crash when playing multiplayer with my buddies.

Here's a screenie of the character select screen for you low bandwidth peeps

Posted Image

Maps can be found at the best warcraft 3 map site, Hive Workshop =D http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.ph...&order=DESC

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

Am 100% with Brock and his superb insight into why it shouldn't be done. PotM!

Am 100% with Brock and his superb insight into why it shouldn't be done. PotM!

I remember writing that post, and thinking to myself should I put more detail or not, and I decided I just simply couldn't be bothered.

Thanks for the potm nomination though :P

There's just some kind of feel with Blizzard games that you wont get anywhere else. I have good confidence with them and with the fond memories of Diablo 2 i really cant wait for this.

There's just some kind of feel with Blizzard games that you wont get anywhere else. I have good confidence with them and with the fond memories of Diablo 2 i really cant wait for this.

Pretty sure that's got something to do with their "when it's done" philosophy. They never release a game till they think they have it as close to perfect as it going to get, then they support the shit out of it. I've just started playing Starcraft 2 and I'm remembering how much I love Blizzard. I love them, I love them, I love them! Isn't their new mmo due out next year, or is it the year after?

Blind faith in Blizzard doesn't make them some kind of miracle game maker.

Blind faith in Blizzard doesn't make them some kind of miracle game maker.

Their hsitory does.

Diablo 3 may not drop this year.

Activision blizzards publisher released its 2011 profit projections and didn't list a release from blizzard as a major profit source.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedeta...eleaseid=548900

Considering its a crime to intentionally misreport on things like this it suggests Activision isn't expecting Diablo 3 to drop this year.

Massive :(

Actually this does not prove that D3 wont be released this yea, it proves that it will be released after this financial year, which is quite true. If you have been keeping up with the information being released from blizzard and in a number of recent interviews you will in fact find out that Diablo 3 is technically completed and they are actually spending time on quality assurance testing. There have been two interviews in the last 2 months that blizzard employees have stated that they are trying really hard for a 2011 release. The real milestone will be when blizzard announces the beta. This will mean that we have less then 6 months left until release, and i predict that we will see the beta being released within 2-4 months.

Actually this does not prove that D3 wont be released this yea, it proves that it will be released after this financial year, which is quite true. If you have been keeping up with the information being released from blizzard and in a number of recent interviews you will in fact find out that Diablo 3 is technically completed and they are actually spending time on quality assurance testing. There have been two interviews in the last 2 months that blizzard employees have stated that they are trying really hard for a 2011 release. The real milestone will be when blizzard announces the beta. This will mean that we have less then 6 months left until release, and i predict that we will see the beta being released within 2-4 months.

If there's gonna be a beta, i would be delighted. Are you gonna need serial numbers from previous blizzard games to enter like Starcraft 2's beta? Edited by mr.twinkie

I didn't say it proves anything I said "may" as in possibly. Reason being is they don't have to report on unknowns and it is still possible it will launch sooner then they currently anticipated.

Furthermore if you read the source this document specifically states for

"Outlook for Year Ending December 31, 2011"

Not Australian Financial period.

If I were a gambling man I would put money on a Christmas release at earliest, also remember Blizzard do LONG betas, Starcraft 2 public beta was over 5months and Diablo 3 has a lot of elements to flesh out connectivity issues, balance issues and so on.

As for the ducument, like i said that document isn't proof of anything it just suggests.

Mr.Twinkle there will defiantly be a public beta and they will restrict access to key holders that you either have to preorder for or apply for.

It is stated the beta will be aprox 6months long, given the history of SC2 beta and that document, I really can't see this game launching before Christmas period at earliest.

If you want Beta info tune in here. (in May)

"An announcement about the start time for the beta test is expected in the Q1/2011 Activision/Blizzard conference call, scheduled to take place in early May, 2011. "

http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_3_Beta

Edited by Bundy

As much as I'm hanging out for this one I wont be playing the beta. I want to play the finished product from the collectors edition, and it better be the most ridiculously awesome collectors ever....