Acintai

Diablo III

Don't care when it's released, always prefer a polished game compared to an early released buggy game

Don't care when it's released, always prefer a polished game compared to an early released buggy game

+1

Plus I'm not sure I'm craving for a loot crawler atm.

Like that's ever happened with Blizzard. That's why I love em, nobody polishes like they do. I've always been fine with the "when it's done" line, in fact I prefer it to being a tester who pays for the privilege.

Agreed if the final product is polished it'll be worth the wait.

There seems to be strengthening rumors that Blizzard is porting Diablo 3 to the PS3. http://au.gamespot.com/news/6316972/blizza...all%3Btitle%3B6

"Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for overseeing PlayStation 3 (PS3) architecture design," reads the job listing, "as well as other PS3-specific game code development to maximize platform performance."

Still cannot wait for this game.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Like that's ever happened with Blizzard. That's why I love em, nobody polishes like they do.

They've had what, 2 releases in the last 7 years?

Didn't play StarCraft 2, but wow wasn't finished when they released it.

Valve are another company I can think of that release polished games. And they've released more than Blizz.

In the last 10 years.

There seems to be strengthening rumors that Blizzard is porting Diablo 3 to the PS3. http://au.gamespot.com/news/6316972/blizza...all%3Btitle%3B6

"Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for overseeing PlayStation 3 (PS3) architecture design," reads the job listing, "as well as other PS3-specific game code development to maximize platform performance."

Post #13, first page of this thread. From November last year no less! That's a long running rumour, certainly a good chance it's real now.

I think it is clear that Acti has made the decision for the multi platform release of D3. Further, I think perhaps that Blizz themselves are all across a PC360 version, and are now seeking expertise in programming for the PS3. IMHO, they should just hire the guys at From Software or Platinum games (Bayonetta port notwithstanding).

Edited by elfinke

I think it is clear that Acti has made the decision for the multi platform release of D3. Further, I think perhaps that Blizz themselves are all across a PC360 version, and are now seeking expertise in programming for the PS3. IMHO, they should just hire the guys at From Software or Platinum games (Bayonetta port notwithstanding).

Knowing Activision being the money hungry fellas that they are, I guess this was inevitable. Perhaps we will see more of Blizzard's intellectual properties become console ported. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Hopefully the quality will not be dumbed down on the PC as we have seen with other titles.

Hopefully the quality will not be dumbed down on the PC as we have seen with other titles.

I'm sure Blizzard will make that a top priority. Otherwise there will be flying pigs.

Sigh. More console bashing.

The Diablo games aren't exactly "Smart" or pc centric. Diablo on PSX was great fun and was almost exactly the same as the pc version from memory.

The Diablo games aren't exactly "Smart" or pc centric. Diablo on PSX was great fun and was almost exactly the same as the pc version from memory.

People are starting to pay more attention to PC for their intellectual properties for some reason anywais. Consoles has some great exclusives that i wish were ported to PC. But Mircosoft and Sony wants their profit so I guess i can only dream. Edited by Mr.Twinkie

People are starting to pay more attention to PC for their intellectual properties for some reason anywais. Consoles has some great exclusives that i wish were ported to PC. But Mircosoft and Sony wants their profit so I guess i can only dream.

I lol'd when I logged in during lunch and saw 'Last post: NukeJockey' down the entire length of the page! /edit: Oooooh that was a quick edit Twinkie!

Edited by elfinke

People are starting to pay more attention to PC for their intellectual properties for some reason anywais. Consoles has some great exclusives that i wish were ported to PC. But Mircosoft and Sony wants their profit so I guess i can only dream.

I lol'd when I logged in during lunch and saw 'Last post: NukeJockey' down the entire length of the page! /edit: Oooooh that was a quick edit Twinkie!

Theres lots of threads to comment on at the moment, lol.

Lol! Well spotted elfinke. :D

Yeah, what a champion NukeJockey. :P

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

was the first diablo on playstation? could be a return of the franchise to the console again.

I actually (and shamefully) only ever played Diablo 1 on the PSX, was epic epicness and some of the best co-op on that console. Freeking hanging out for D3, it can't come soon enough afaic.

plenty of people crying that its turning into wow graphically but i really like the updated graphics and will by no means stop me from getting this game. i want as high quality graphics as they can pump into that baby lol. cant wait

I actually (and shamefully) only ever played Diablo 1 on the PSX, was epic epicness and some of the best co-op on that console. Freeking hanging out for D3, it can't come soon enough afaic.

Nothing shameful about that, aside from the limited palettes for items/enemies and a lower frame rate, it was a truly wonderful game on PS1. By not playing on PC you missed out on standing around in Tristram, duping gold and items (and trying to swindle people out of items by telling them to drop their stuff for a dupe), and begging the Rogue named 'S3xyB1t54' to take her clothes off for you.

More information on the Runestone system.

With a beta coming in Q3, it's all aboard the hype train i think!

By not playing on PC you missed out on standing around in Tristram, duping gold and items

on the contrary, if you had 2 memory cards, you could dupe till your hearts content

I remember playing with people online all racing for the items on the battleground. The creeps just wait and watch while we all click fanatically at a Coif of Glory or something that a vanquished champion just dropped.

With a beta coming in Q3, it's all aboard the hype train i think!

I hope that comes with BlizzCon!

By not playing on PC you missed out on standing around in Tristram, duping gold and items

on the contrary, if you had 2 memory cards, you could dupe till your hearts content

Word.