Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Acintai

Diablo III

Inspired by that barb I am trying Rakanoth again, just got him to 10% and think I got a winning strat now. Gonna need some luck too though haha, its a 20 second fight this way.

Edited by p0is0n

Reiterating someone else's request, what's the secret to the AH?

With no way to search directly by name, I have NFI how I'm meant to find similar items to work out a price on.

Also, pipped over 10k hp last night.

type the primary stats of the item in to the filter (you can pick 3) when searching for comparable items. and also search for items a similar level.

There is no name search function, because they are largely randomised names.

AH has been a waste of time for me lately, every item i have bidden on has been sniped in the last 2-3 seconds, damn those US players and their low latencies...

for my wiz ive been going intel/vital/exp - what have you guys been looking at?

In Hell on my Barb, I was going Vitality>Strength>Resist All>Armour, but I've now started changing the allocation to Resist All>Vitality>Armour>Strength>Intelligence in preparation for Inferno.

My Demon Hunter and Monk are still in Nightmare on Act III, so it doesn't really matter what allocation you use, as long as you're using half decent dexterity and Vitality, it's pretty hard to fail.

hehe..

I'm just working through having fun.. I spent AGES trying to work out how to describe why I enjoyed the difficulty of fighting diablo and struggled.

But I think I've finally worked it out... I enjoy Dwarf Fortress. That should speak VOLUMES for anyone familiar with the game and why Diablo being hard was "Fun".

And the word fun was in quotes because in Dwarf Fortress, when suddenly demons unleash on your dwarves and your army is reduced to ashes and the traps are barely slowing down the advance of the enemy horde this is listed as "Fun". :P You get crazy funny things happening then. (Including in the recent incarnation which has necromancers if you select a 'fun' area to embark. I had a dwarf get his arm cut off, the arm then was animated and beat the dwarf to death)

In other news, I'm doing well with item drops. And Auctions... I've sold about 25k worth of the 75k equipment (Some gets relisted for about 50 - 75k as individual pieces. Good luck to them. They bought it. I got my money. Who cares). My HP now sit at 4000 and I haven't even had to take a hit anywhere else. DPS has gone up, resistances are starting to appear.. And even small amounts make a huge difference at this stage. I have about 30 ( I peaked at about 75 at one stage but then a few items came along that gave a total of 1000HP, 50DPS, and about 50 - 70 armour + more). At 75 physical resist in Act 1 of NM I could stand toe-to-toe with some melee and electrocute them to death with only about a 5 - 10% life lost. (Not what I normally do, but a good experiment in "fun")

AD

C'mon, AD. Solo naked Diablo time.

Your character, not you ; )

Isn't there an achievement for that?

AD

On hell...

You can also punch him.

Ahh. Not diablo...

Naked Lust

Defeat Cydaea without equipping any items on Hell or Inferno difficulty. Reward: Banner Sigil.

HOWEVER...

Punch Diablo

Punch Diablo (de-equip your weapons).

AD

And also.. When I get up to it.. Challenge accepted..

AD

Finally got Rakanoth down... took many tries.

This was my strat:

Basically, do it in 20 seconds without getting hit more than once or die. just over 5 million HP in 18 seconds is at least 280,000 DPS. Checked the maths on bear spam with my gear ATM and it works out to be crazy.

(40,400 x 236% x3 Bears/wave = 286032 x ~2.35 AS == Crazy)

Thanks for linking those inspirational videos Unco Tomato :) Edit: Im now in gardens tier 2 but the shutdown is holding me back from Azmodan.

Edited by p0is0n

This was my strat:

Basically, do it in 20 seconds without getting hit more than once or die.

Thanks for linking those inspirational videos Unco Tomato :)

I am stuck on that boss on my Wizard in Normal ,everyone quits halfway and leaves.

Started a DH and BARB now ,kind of getting bored in Normal.

This was my strat:

Basically, do it in 20 seconds without getting hit more than once or die.

Thanks for linking those inspirational videos Unco Tomato :)

I am stuck on that boss on my Wizard in Normal ,everyone quits halfway and leaves.

Started a DH and BARB now ,kind of getting bored in Normal.

feel free to msg me if u just want to kill him in 2 seconds and move on. he is pretty lame boss.

Firstly, yes I have posted up on OCAU asking for one as well... BUT! I'm active on both sites :P

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my copy of D3 to get delivered (over a week now) so I was wondering if anyone had a guest pass I could use to get myself started on the game (or at least a taste).

Obviously I'll pass mine on when I get the box as well :)

What, no 'fuck 8 hour downtime I paid for a single player game", tonight?

Yer, i was a little shitty, given I didn't get much time to play it last night, but there isn't anything I can do about it. As long as they use this time productively, and they get their shit sorted, it's only going to help out the game / AH issues.

What, no 'fuck 8 hour downtime I paid for a single player game", tonight?

Everyone is over the game enough that they don't care anymore...

Pissfuck shitwhore faggot bastard fuck!

The one night a I get to play, absolutely fucking great.

Im still pissed about it Nich... can't understand why they require 8 hours every week, this seriously better not continue into the future, I don't mind a one off update if necessary but every week is too often, and even then, 8 hours is too long.

Nemesis! Herro again mate!

On the subject - Im working a whole month straight with 2 days off spread through it, get home and this news . Waaaaaaaa!