Acintai

Diablo III

I dunno how you guys are having any problems in hell at all, i mean, you can no longer walk up to a pack of monsters, stand completely still, and expect to kill them all without taking any damage in a few seconds, but, they are by no means difficult. If your getting owned you must be doing something wrong, I would advise revising your skill choices or buying a weapon upgrade or something. Nothing in hell should take more than a couple of hits to kill really.

Yer bro this is true to a point with exemptions. See with the spec gaining 20% more armor as your mantra (Aura) and 15% more armor from the enchantress. Then armor comes out above resist once your over about 750 resist. Resist takes a big dive in demishing returns from 70% onwards (think thats 700 or 750 resist). Different between 690resist and 856 was only a couple percent when i tested it. I did personally follow kripparians stat video on my monk (Obviously making changes to suit my class, i.e dex etc). It was good, this other walk through which MMO-Champion linked was quality. But it does make sense as your getting 35% gain in armor from buffs over the resists. In saying that both are needed in high amounts to complete inferno.

What you say is true, that after around 700 all resist, it appears to diminish. This may not be as high against creates of level higher than 60. As you should know most of monsters in inferno are level 61 or higher, which means that the number on your character sheet is no longer accurate. What's the magic number for 70% resist against these higher level creatures? No idea. I imagine its a fair bit higher though, which is why people bother stacking the extra resist. If at level 60, 800 = 70% then at level 63, possibly 1000 = 70%?

I hate hidden factors like this, which confuse item selection immensely. I found a few people sharing a formula for damage reduction, but not sure if accurate.

Here are my numbers after a quick bit of research anyway.

* MLevel = Monster Level

Armour: DR = Armor / (Armor + (MLevel * 50))

So lets assume 8k armour, level 63 creature.

DR = 8000 / (8000 + (63 * 50) = 0.717 = 71.7% against a level 63.

Resist: DR = Resists / (Resists + (MLevel * 5 ))

Assuming 1k resist, level 63 creature again.

DR = 1000 / (1000 + (63 * 5)) = 0.760 = 76% against a level 63.

Total: DR = 1 - ((1 - DR1) * (1 - DR2)

So using my numbers above:

Dr = 1 - (1 - 0.717) * (1 - 0.760) = 1 - (0.283 * 0.24) = 1- 0.0697 = 0.9303 = 93.3% DR

Effective HP: HP / ( 1 - DR )

EHP = 50,000 / (1 - 0.9303) = 50,000 / 0.0697 = 50,000 / 0.0697 = 717,360 EHP

Edit 2: Also found this calculator you can just pump information info. I'm not sure the above formulas take into account other factors, like barb/monk bonus 30% DR or passive skills.

http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator/#intro

The calculator gives slightly diff EHP , but the exact same numbers for armour and resist - so I believe they are correct.

It actually increases my EHP to 1,043,000 but I know its factoring in all of my DR from passives and abilities (like threatening shout).

What do you guys get, if you can be bothered?

You sir are a beast.

Lol you make my job much easier working that out. I remember back when d3 come out kriparrian gave out alot of the mechanic scripts. Tonight i was going to sit down and work them out much like you did. Cheers bro

Wow nice formulas!

My wizard had like 35k hp in nightmare because it was melee, plus 54 is the level needed before I could drop vitality because of the max 35% of hp rune on energy armour

Nice work Poison, I'll need to work out my stats tonight.

Anyone know the most efficient area in Act II to farm elite packs that ends in a boss fight or two? I still think the warden/butcher runs are the fastest way to hit up 5 stacks of valor and get two boss kills, but the lower iLvL drop chance in Act 1 is the balls.

Noob time.

I bought the plans for staff of herding in nightmare with everything else in my stash. Then I realised I had to have the normal plans to upgrade to nightmare...

Will this drop retrospectively in normal if Headrig already has the plans for nm? I've gone back to normal and killed him about 5 times now and dropped nearly all of my mf gear. I'm guessing I just have to keep killing him.

Got "The Larder" down in ACt III Inferno, all thanks to this drop from the butcher!

1k life on hit (Total with both weapons 700+300) and 1.89 attk spd and i owned him. Before that i couldn't get him down to half heath. Dual wield ftw :D

Posted Image

Edited by smakme7757

Anyone know the most efficient area in Act II to farm elite packs that ends in a boss fight or two? I still think the warden/butcher runs are the fastest way to hit up 5 stacks of valor and get two boss kills, but the lower iLvL drop chance in Act 1 is the balls.

My usual run for act 1 is cemetery of the forsaken, very easy to get 3-5 NV stacks here in 5 mins . There is about one blue elite pack per crypt, occasional yellow elite spawn in the cemetery and occasional yellow elite spawn in each crypt, the elites are almost always near the door so its quick to find and kill.

From there it's straight to halls of agony to do warden/butcher and any elites along the way.

Runs take 20-30 mins depending on how hard I look for all of the elites. Sometimes I also go to festering wood where there are 2-3 elite packs available, and one in each of the crypts which are also very small. This is the most efficient run I've come up with.

I've also been trying to find a good run in act two but nothing this efficient so far. I thought about the various elites up to Maghda, but takes much longer than act 1 runs and less elites to kill.

Edit: nice find smakme.. i need something like that for my barb!

Edited by p0is0n

took me about 8 or so tries before the pattern dropped for me.

Thanks.

I'm more concerned about already have the nm plans though. Will the random drop algorithm take that into account?

So guess what just dropped :P

Edited by yiker

Assuming you just answered your own question? :)

Edit: For anyone else, plans drop all the time of Izual on any difficulty. I've had quite a few drop but I learned its not possible to share them.

Edited by p0is0n

Edit: For anyone else, plans drop all the time of Izual on any difficulty. I've had quite a few drop but I learned its not possible to share them.

Plans for what ?

Staff of Herding.

You can get the plans from Izual.

Then each difficulty above normal, you can buy upgrade plans from an NPC in act 4. You need the original plan to use the upgrades though.

Sure did, hindsight is a wonderful thing :) It was worth the wait. Don't reckon I'll spend the 200k to upgrade to nm though. Need that for gear.

Cheers guys

Huh? I started Hell on my barb at level 46 I think, and finished it by 57. You must be doing it wrong? What build are you using? and what stats are you prioritising?

using this build

been prioritizing Strength/vitality, im at the point where i can handle normal mobs fine, but anything higher then that just completely wastes me in 2-3hits.. unless i use wotb, then im unkillable for 15sec's :D

stats are as follows:

strength: 874

dexterity: 298

intelligence: 155

Vitality: 1023 (36,081 hitpoints)

Armor: 4381 (59%)

Damaga: 7158.37

Resist all: 88

edit: im up to Act IV - 2. The light of Hope. just bought a 4 new items on the gold AH using 25k max Bo, got some good upgrades. now my stats are:

strength: 1106

dexterity: 457

intelligence: 361

Vitality: 1157 (40,771 hitpoints)

Armor: 5092 (62.93%)

Damaga: 9200.40

Resist all: 181

but my MF took a dive from 140% to 102%.

Edited by nobodyishere

Staff of Herding.

You can get the plans from Izual.

Then each difficulty above normal, you can buy upgrade plans from an NPC in act 4. You need the original plan to use the upgrades though.

Ah ok cool. I've heard about that.

I'm loving this patch. The smoother damage curve on Inferno is so much better. The drops in ACT 1 and 2 inferno are very nice, yet people are bitching about the repair costs. I've never made as much money as i did last night from a single farming session (2 hours with a mate).

Epic patch!

@nobodyishere

Don't stack MF, it's not an efficient way to farm now as it no longer affects chests or destructible objects. Just go pure survivability by prioritising: Resist All>Vitality>Strength>Armour>Physical Resist>Intellect>Dexterity.

Got "The Larder" down in ACt III Inferno, all thanks to this drop from the butcher!

1k life on hit (Total with both weapons 700+300) and 1.89 attk spd and i owned him. Before that i couldn't get him down to half heath. Dual wield ftw :D

Posted Image

I didnt get a chance to play it last night unfortunately.

What dps you rocking on that main hand bro? I cant see the pick while im at work.

Im loving my new spec, but im thinking i might change sweeping wind out for lashing tail with the 150% knock back just to give me a bit more defensive, i dont have enough life on hit to cover the dmg intake im getting.

What spec are you currently running?

Don't stack MF, it's not an efficient way to farm now as it no longer affects chests or destructible objects.

Really? wow, thats pretty shit of them.

It's still fine for mob killing, but IMO you're better off focusing DPS or survivability to kill them faster. 75% MF from NV is enough, especially since you're guaranteed a yellow once 5 stacks are up.

Ha ha, na i stopped playing last week, just wanted to get in on some Blizzard bashing :P

Don't stack MF, it's not an efficient way to farm now as it no longer affects chests or destructible objects.

Really? wow, thats pretty shit of them.

im happy i dropped all my MF then. Sitting on a healthy 0% lololol

edit: last night is the first time in a long while that i got disconnected. pretty bumed too, act 3 hell just cleared the first part of the battlefield and had just T'd back to the keep to vendor some trash when i happened... i wasted to go clear out the two caves that were there :(

Edited by corky

I run the 3 caves before Zultan Kulle, then i kill him and go on to Belial.

EU server crashed and burned today :)

Edited by smakme7757

Hit 60 with my Demon Hunter.

Playing around in inferno. Getting spanked a fair bit. repair bills are over 20k each time. Just ouch.

So I guess I go grind nightmare again to get my cash back up?

Also is there any point in exploring like I did in normal to find all the loot and map every nook and cranny and find all the caves and elite creatures etc. Or should I just power through to Inferno now I've played through the actual story and seen everything?

I said this earlier anyone able to comment on it? As I've started a Monk while I wait for an answer. I'm now in Nightmare mode by the way.

Oh and Dasa when you get D3 add me under Powermaniac#6444 I would love to play it with you, I will probably use my monk.

Power through man, there is no money to be made in any other game mode.

Okay working on powering through. Still a tiny bit of exploration more of the rooms along the path I'm already travelling and just collecting the bit of coin and equipment to sell at the basic shops.

I'm in Act 1 and just came across the Templar. I'm like oh okay he will disappear or my Templar following me will suddenly become that one and once he gets his armor and weapon back he will become the Templar I already have.

...Instead he joins my party as a separate Templar, and my Templar talks to him when the first conversation is going on after you click on him with his yellow exclamation mark. So I'm left going ~_~ my Templar is talking to himself like that is another person...

...I then helped him get his armor and weapon back and he is still there...I'm now wondering does that mean you end up with 3 helps by the time you get to Inferno?!?

EDIT: He just vanished into thin air. What the fuck? They could have done that better.

Edited by TheSingularity

Playing around in inferno. Getting spanked a fair bit. repair bills are over 20k each time. Just ouch.

ACT 4 Hell also drops nice items now. Go farm that instead.

ACT 4 Hell also drops nice items now. Go farm that instead.

Thats what I meant sorry.

It goes normal > nightmare > hell > inferno difficulty yeah?