Acintai

Diablo III

Possibly, but the market crashes ever second day, so I try to sell everything at good prices while it's worth something

Picked it up again after a couple of weeks off... nope, still don't like it.

I'm doing some mf runs on my barb now,

262% buffed with 5 stack.

Found maybe 20 mil worth in a handful of items

usually run around with my DH with 315MF fully stacked. I've nerfed my dps a bit to have it though. Generally only swap items if I come across some particularly difficult combos (vortex comes to mind)

While I still occasionaly enjoy a good session of D3, it surprises me on how fast the overall interest in the game has dropped off. Then again, it's the nature of us gamers, always looking for the next fix :-) One day the witch doctor will spark my interest enough to play...

While I still occasionaly enjoy a good session of D3, it surprises me on how fast the overall interest in the game has dropped off. Then again, it's the nature of us gamers, always looking for the next fix :-) One day the witch doctor will spark my interest enough to play...

How much did you play it when it first came out though?

I see people raging because they are bored after 500+ hours of playing D3, i havn't even clocked up 150 hours yet. I have finished Inferno on my monk and plan on having a go with a barbarian. Maybe people are just playing too much in the first few weeks and just naturally get bored. I'm pretty sure i'd be over it if i managed to clock up 500 hours since release.

I see people raging because they are bored after 500+ hours of playing D3, i havn't even clocked up 150 hours yet. I have finished Inferno on my monk and plan on having a go with a barbarian. Maybe people are just playing too much in the first few weeks and just naturally get bored. I'm pretty sure i'd be over it if i managed to clock up 500 hours since release.

I basically finished it on Normal with my Wizard and am now somewhat bored of it...

Yer, I'm pretty much done with the game, I'm finding it harder and harder to motivate myself to grind. I can spend days farming Act I, II for little to no benefit.

Yer, I'm pretty much done with the game, I'm finding it harder and harder to motivate myself to grind. I can spend days farming Act I, II for little to no benefit.

Have you managed to complete inferno?

I'm still enjoying the challenge. However, I take my time, so it still remains "Fun". I'm up to Act III NM. I've done Normal Whimsyshire.

I'm now rolling a Witch Doctor to play through with that for some more spice. Up to Cathedral in Act 1..

Slow and steady.

Not bored, but I intersperse it with other games.

Currently playing through original Baldurs Gate. (OH YEAH!) Never finished believe it or not. It's like my game of Arcanum that lasted about 10yrs.

AD

I played one Mage, maybe 70 to 80 hours tops (honestly not sure - last time I looked it was 55) reached inferno and have zero motivation to continue the fight onward.

I played about 250 hours in the first month and a bit, had 2x 60s in act 4 inferno, but neither geared enough to solo diablo.

Then i got bored.

I've been bored of a lot of games lately though, and have been playing guitar again instead of games.

I played one Mage, maybe 70 to 80 hours tops (honestly not sure - last time I looked it was 55) reached inferno and have zero motivation to continue the fight onward.

I see a lot of this and i wonder if the motivation went walk about because the game just became too incredibly hard?

My driving factor in Inferno was the fact i got destroyed when i got there. I passed ACT I then got destroyed in ACT II and so on. That's what motivated me to play through it.

I see a lot of this and i wonder if the motivation went walk about because the game just became too incredibly hard?

My driving factor in Inferno was the fact i got destroyed when i got there. I passed ACT I then got destroyed in ACT II and so on. That's what motivated me to play through it.

Hmmm, i think it's because i hit several walls on my way through hell (probably due to my legendary bad luck with drops [pun :P]) and simply resorted to AH after dieing over and over. Then I just hit another wall at inferno. I see it this way, I've gone through the same story 3 times - do i really need to do it again? I have no desire for e-peen diablo gear or bragging that i can down the butcher or whatever boss in Inferno in so many seconds. It really doesnt interest me. Grinding in games does not interest me in the slightest. I mean, if i find grinding hard in inferno i can go back to hell to... grind. What's the point? either way I'm grinding and its boring.

Look at skyrim, If i find a wall i cant get past i can look in any other direction, spot something shiny and go and investigate then come back later - it doesnt get boring there is always something new to do.

Diablo 3 is 100% certified pure grind. It's the same reason i left WOW - after admittedly putting more hours into WOW (but not that many - 1 level 65 character and a couple of level 10 alts in the BC days) - mostly due to the social side of WOW. stupid boars dropping tusks once very 10 kills and ya end up waiting for the buggers to spawn so i can collect 25 tusks :(

I've sorta forgot where I was going with all this now, but guess what I'm saying is I don't enjoy grindy games :P Strangely, Diablo 2 never seemed like a grind to me - perhaps due to a better progressive difficulty level i.e. top level took significant time investment to get to (i never did get past 85) and the bosses were a challenge but not impossible (whilst still being a gear check) and also not just on some timer for their attacks in a certain order like D3 (looking at you, Belial).

I better end my brain dribbling

/end rant

Nope, In ACT III at the moment, I think I could push through to beat ACT IV in my current gear, but I'd have to skip some elite packs, which I don't consider completion.

Nope, In ACT III at the moment, I think I could push through to beat ACT IV in my current gear, but I'd have to skip some elite packs, which I don't consider completion.

Some elite packs are just impossible for certain classes or just impossible in general. You could get lucky and get champ packs that are a decent challenge, but beatable during a gaming session then play another time and get just a single champ pack that is more or less impossible to defeat. As a monk in ACT III i got an Arcane Enchanted|Teleporting|Vampiric|Illusionist phase beast which i just skipped. I could have just given up and tried again later, but the same pack might have different buffs which i would just faceroll, so quitting the game to try again is more or less like skipping the pack you can't kill anyway.

If you can't beat any champ packs then your gear/playstyle isn't up to par, but most people who have finished inferno have skipped a champ pack or two unless they kept restarting to get a lucky roll on the buffs.

You can have the best gear in the game and you will still find champ packs that you can't beat. It's going to happen no matter what.

Some elite packs are just impossible for certain classes or just impossible in general. You could get lucky and get champ packs that are a decent challenge, but beatable during a gaming session then play another time and get just a single champ pack that is more or less impossible to defeat. As a monk in ACT III i got an Arcane Enchanted|Teleporting|Vampiric|Illusionist phase beast which i just skipped. I could have just given up and tried again later, but the same pack might have different buffs which i would just faceroll, so quitting the game to try again is more or less like skipping the pack you can't kill anyway.

If you can't beat any champ packs then your gear/playstyle isn't up to par, but most people who have finished inferno have skipped a champ pack or two unless they kept restarting to get a lucky roll on the buffs.

You can have the best gear in the game and you will still find champ packs that you can't beat. It's going to happen no matter what.

Yeah this, learn to skip these cunting combos and seek easy lewts elsewhere,

just came back to this after probly 2 months, i was hoping to buy some gold on the AH, $3 per mil if i remember correctly, but after seeing that decent items cost 1/2 billion gold i just quit. probably wont be back for this game, blizz really fucked it this time.

just came back to this after probly 2 months, i was hoping to buy some gold on the AH, $3 per mil if i remember correctly, but after seeing that decent items cost 1/2 billion gold i just quit. probably wont be back for this game, blizz really fucked it this time.

This is what fucked it for me 3 lvl 60 char and i cant progress without spending billions.

And the scary thing is, there are people out there buying it and paying for it, which is why the price stays up there.

Kinda painful bad in my books. *sigh*

But then. I don't buy anything on AH so couldn't really care. It's the gaming with the wife I'm enjoying (Not those games. Mind outta gutter guys)

AD