Acintai

Diablo III

Closed BETA invites went out today!

I'm DLing my client now! Whoot.

WTF I'm so gonna check my Battle net.

UPDATE: Fuckin hell Norton Internet Security deemed the system scanner (to check if i have an active blizzard game installed) a danger and removed it straight away. Disabled the internet security and then I get this...

HTTP Status 403 -

type Status report

description Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.28

Guess I'll try again later. :(

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Played Barb first.

That game is truly beautiful. The backgrounds look almost painted. And the music is incredibly creepy. I was playing with the lights off and I got chills a few times from the ambience.

Not sure how I feel about lack of talent/skill trees... but so far I don't mind it. Just level 9 or something though.

I think I'll try the Demon Hunter next.

do they email you, or do you have to log in and manually check?

I haven't checked in about a week, and now i tried to at work and battle.net is blocked! noo..

I would assume if selected for closed beta an email might go out?

I should probably upload fresh system specs since I got a second vid card, might make me more randomly desirable.

Dunno if anyone wants to see anything... but I'm happy to post screenshots or something.

Just tell me what of.

your cd-key and a download url. go.

Edited by p0is(+)n

An hour and a half quick look by the Giant Bomb guys:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-diablo-iii-beta/17-4931/

Well worth watching if you are interested in the Witch Doctor and/or don't have beta access.

I logged into my bnet account for the first time in years today, discovered that none of the Blizz games I own (War Craft set/Vanilla WoW/Diablo series) are activated on there. Will have to remedy that tonight, if I still have the boxes/CD keys.

I have been checking my battle.net too, which has 3 wow accounts, starcraft 1/broodwar, starcraft 2, diablo 2/LOD, WC3/TFT and beta opt in with my specs, but no invite either :(

To be fair Morgoth, Blizz did originally tell us it was due in 2012 and then got our hopes up by saying it will release late 2011, they should have just kept their mouths shut.

To be fair Morgoth, Blizz did originally tell us it was due in 2012 and then got our hopes up by saying it will release late 2011, they should have just kept their mouths shut.

Yeah, disappoint kills.

Is there any indication of mass beta invites being sent out yet? I'd like to know if I am wasting my time checking my battle.net twice a day.

After over a decade since the first Diablo was released, I'm pretty excited what the things Blizzard has in store for us gamers. Currently, there are no other information about Diablo 3 and beta invites aren't sent out yet. I'm pretty much excited getting my hands on this. The demo, however, wasn't really good at first...but still, the game is anticipated.

Edited by harhis23

An update from Blizzcon 2011.

Collectors edition announced, looks sweet and I'm definitely getting it. No pricing or release dates yet.

Comes with the normal boxed copy of the game

Sound Track

208 page art book

BluRay and DVD on the making of/behind the scenes

Smallish Diablo skull with soul stone shaped usb drives that plugs into his forehead

And the usual in game items for D3 SC2 and WOW

An update from Blizzcon 2011.

Collectors edition announced, looks sweet and I'm definitely getting it. No pricing or release dates yet.

Comes with the normal boxed copy of the game

Sound Track

208 page art book

BluRay and DVD on the making of/behind the scenes

Smallish Diablo skull with soul stone shaped usb drives that plugs into his forehead

And the usual in game items for D3 SC2 and WOW

To be honest I find this a bit of a let down. The soundtrack, DVD, art book etc are all par for the course and I'll enjoy listening/reading them, and the USB is cool but the Diablo head is tiny. I was really hoping for a large, good quality statue of one of the demons or playable characters.

I also would've preferred a larger full body statue but on my next trip to pop culta or similar place I'll be buying the hell out of a demon hunter statue.

Reports say Diablo 3 is coming to consoles, it's not confirmed though. But if it's true, then Blizzard is making a huge leap yet again. I'm not so sure how it will be received by gamers, though, or if there would be enough gamers to play the game and eventually bring profit to the company. But nevertheless, it will be awesome to see Diablo 3 in action on consoles.

Reports say Diablo 3 is coming to consoles, it's not confirmed though. But if it's true, then Blizzard is making a huge leap yet again. I'm not so sure how it will be received by gamers, though, or if there would be enough gamers to play the game and eventually bring profit to the company. But nevertheless, it will be awesome to see Diablo 3 in action on consoles.

It is confirmed on both PS3 and 360. Diablo 1 was incredibly well received on the PS1 because it was fucking awesome. This time round they massive market compared to the PS1 days plus the fact that nearly everyone is online. Pretty sure both the 360 & PS3 versions will be very successfu.