570 will be plenty for (most) things except metro and the odd game.

most of us here are enthusiests and like all games flat out with high aa so thats why most people around here will recomend more than you need, rather than have someone come on and say we made a bad recomendation.

Haha yeah alright, I was all like: "WTF but I thought the 570 was good :(".

I'm only just getting into PCs recently and I would admit that the current rig I plan to buy is surpassing what my needs are by some considerable amount lol.

I don't know why I want such a high performance machine, all I know is that I want it. :D!

Cheers

2600k with a single 580 owns everything so far :)

I was sitting globally at 3rd place (3DMark 2011) on HWbot.org with a single gpu, but the other guy has taken 3rd palce back. So it looks like i'm going to have beat him again :). GTX 580 is an awesome card.

Edited by smakme7757

the 580 is awsome card,its what ive got my eye on once some more cash comes my way (as i just got my i7 rig a month ago)

would a i7 950/GTX 580 stand any chance on HWbot,smakme7757?

You have nothing to loose so why not just get benching :).

Not unless you get a DICE pot.

I just open my window =D

I got the GPU down to 9c last night. But it was getting late so i had to sleep hehe.

More HD6990 shots:

http://www.hardwarezone.com/features/view/131493

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the sources I've read mention that it look slike the power socket layout and/or position may change before retail units are out, possibly room for 2x 8pin + 1x 6pin.

Cooling is interesting. Centre mounted fan blowing both ways cooling each GPU independently. Good for GPU temps, so long as you have good case ventilation.

Would be an issue for me. I'd have to reverse my side fan to suck air through the case than the other way round.

Edited by mark84

I just open my window =D

I got the GPU down to 9c last night. But it was getting late so i had to sleep hehe.

That cold up there hey? :D

I just open my window =D

That cold up there hey? :D

It was -7. But now it's only 0.7 so when it gets that cold again i'll do some more benching :)

One thing annoying with hardware bot is it doesn't keep a history of your achievements. For example i got 3rd place in 3DMark 2011 in Global single card and now i've been bumped down to 6th place as people keep trying for more points. It would have been nice to have a history tab showing previous personal best and so on.

Edited by smakme7757

I was sitting globally at 3rd place (3DMark 2011) on HWbot.org with a single gpu, but the other guy has taken 3rd palce back. So it looks like i'm going to have beat him again :). GTX 580 is an awesome card.

I am off to download the free version and see what the 2600K gets with a 6950 ahem 6970.

280 MB damn gunna take...

Well while waiting windows gave me this while moving Iso's around the SSD.

I have a 6GB hiberfil.sys which is 10% thats balls man...

WIndows gave me this score.

Posted Image

115 of 280MB.

I am off to download the free version and see what the 2600K gets with a 6950 ahem 6970.

115 of 280MB.

I'll be interested in seeing what you get. My windows index is at 7.7 because of the HDD.

115 of 280MB.

I'll be interested in seeing what you get. My windows index is at 7.7 because of the HDD.

WEI is the most useless benchmark ever conceived lol, best to use something good like pcmark vantage for an overall score of ones PC.

WEI is the most useless benchmark ever conceived lol, best to use something good like pcmark vantage for an overall score of ones PC.

It's funny with PC Mark Vantage though. I had a score of around 9k and then i added the SSD and it went up to 21k lol.