does the GTX 580 comes with a free panda sticker?

Edited by jdog

Regarding GTX580 temps I wouldn't get my hopes up on it running any cooler

5 heatpipes... this is getting ridiculous

Posted Image

more here http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/NVIDIA...eatpipes-4.jpg/

largely the same as the 480 stock cooler, ha.

oh and GTX470 is now pretty good value, needs more of price drop over here tho.

Aahh, that's why Fermi is hot. Everyone forgot to remove the panda sticker from the heatsink :P

Things are getting quite complicated...

so this means all the GTX 580s are owned by china?...

Factory's people flog them. Sense made?

Factory's people flog them. Sense made?

Yeah, jDog, just about every PCB made these days, is made in China.

oh,but the joke was becuase it has a panda on it and all pandas are owned by china does this make the 580 owned by china....

but becuase all the pcb's are made in china does that mean if you go over there you could get the top end card for cheap?

oh,but the joke was becuase it has a panda on it and all pandas are owned by china does this make the 580 owned by china....

but becuase all the pcb's are made in china does that mean if you go over there you could get the top end card for cheap?

No and no Edited by nesquick

a pm with your name on it will be in your inbox after this message is posted.....dont say anything...

Edited by jdog

More Speculation

Becoming more and more evidence of the existence of (at least in draft form) high-end graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580, which we recently quite often in the news. It is assumed that the DirectX 11 compatible graphics card will be the new flagship of NVIDIA and will be released before the end of this year, and it is based turns out to be 40 nm chip GF110 with 512 active nuclei CUDA and approximately 128 texture units.

Not long ago, GeForce GTX 580 "lit up" on the company's web site NVIDIA, a little later in the network has projected an image of the "graphic monster." Now mention of this high-performance accelerator found in the driver developers, recently released from Santa Clara.

In addition, the 32-bit driver versions 261.00 mentioned yet presented, but rumored mass card NVIDIA GeForce GTS 455 and a new adapter, entry-level GeForce 405. In short, in the coming months a lot of interesting announcements in the graphical front, including the model on AMD chips Cayman.

So the rumor mill points to me being right.... (and nessy being wrong :P)

Seems a well thought out respin could have fixed Fermi after all.

More Speculation

Becoming more and more evidence of the existence of (at least in draft form) high-end graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580, which we recently quite often in the news. It is assumed that the DirectX 11 compatible graphics card will be the new flagship of NVIDIA and will be released before the end of this year, and it is based turns out to be 40 nm chip GF110 with 512 active nuclei CUDA and approximately 128 texture units.

Not long ago, GeForce GTX 580 "lit up" on the company's web site NVIDIA, a little later in the network has projected an image of the "graphic monster." Now mention of this high-performance accelerator found in the driver developers, recently released from Santa Clara.

In addition, the 32-bit driver versions 261.00 mentioned yet presented, but rumored mass card NVIDIA GeForce GTS 455 and a new adapter, entry-level GeForce 405. In short, in the coming months a lot of interesting announcements in the graphical front, including the model on AMD chips Cayman.

So the rumor mill points to me being right.... (and nessy being wrong :P)

Seems a well thought out respin could have fixed Fermi after all.

fingers are crossed!!!!

if this "GTX 580" isnt to much over the GTX 480 then i may pick this up......

now to play the waiting game...

It seems they are both saying that they will be top dog this time round, I wonder who will win at performance per watt..... and if removing those transistors will really help reduce those temps that dramatically.

Knowing nVidia they will probably re name that 480 to be something else like 570-cuda edition because the 580 won't be great at gpgpu comparatively.

Finally, some specs.

GPU					 GeForce GTX 580		GeForce GTX 480
Graphics circuit		GF110				  GF100
Node					40nm				   40nm
CUDA cores			  512 st.				480 st.
GPU clock frequency	 775 MHz				700 MHz
CUDA clock frequency	1 544 MHz			  1 400 MHz
Memory clock frequency  4 008 MHz			  3 696 MHz
Memory interface		384-bit				384-bit
Memory buffer		   1 536 MB			   1 536 MB
Memory bandwidth		192,4 GB/s			 177,4 GB/s
Texture fillrate		49,4 GTexel/s		  42,0 GTexel/s
Edited by SceptreCore

thay look the same buy with the GTX 580 has some slightly higher specs (as exspected)

Edited by jdog

Im still skeptical as to how much better they can get its game performance.

+1 it doesn't look very appealing. shaders, core and ram got a speed boost, but I don't really see that being 10% faster (including the more cuda cores) than the GTX480. again i say efficiency would be the big + if they could pull it off.

@UberPenguin lol, 570 CUDA edition, would be funny if nvidia did this.

Edited by tunksy

Apparantly overclocking a gtx480 to 800 core is enough to gain nearly 10% or so in most games. It wouldn't surprise me if with the extra cuda cores and the higher core if it could achieve something along those lines. (15-20%)

Apparantly overclocking a gtx480 to 800 core is enough to gain nearly 10% or so in most games. It wouldn't surprise me if with the extra cuda cores and the higher core if it could achieve something along those lines. (15-20%)

The sad truth is that we really don't need it. PC hardware is so far ahead of current gen consoles that any multi-platform game is so scaled back due to the aging consoles that requirements have hardly changed (relative to say when a new console is released >.>)

considering how large and hot they are, they oc suprisingly well. but how much head room could an updated card possibly have. Those leaked reviews of the 512 cores suggest ~6% add the core, shader and ram clock and yea, it could be %15 (after looking at some over clocking results).