asdeff

Check my new computer

So, upgrades for future, either 2nd 470 or a 480

Will probably use head set but have speakers ready for music

Yeah, dont get us wrong though, theres nothing wrong with the 470, even my oc'd 5770 can run any game pretty well. its just if anyone on here had $5000 to spare on a pc, you bet they'll grab the absolute best graphics and cpu they can get.

Don't have the case yet, waiting for it to arrive it's on back order I expect it at the end of November, will update

i got my cpu for $1425 from pccg still around that price.

case is somthing only a mother could love, ie: ugly as s@$t and overpriced get somthing else airflow must be crap.

470 will be fine but 460's are much cooler unless you add water.

The whole deal with the TT L10 is that it doesn't need high airflow to be a good cooler, apparantly all the hot air is taken out of the compartments.

Thats the theory anyway, dunno how well it will work.

Each area has it's own fans, by seperating the different compartments means heat is already decreased

Finally off work

looks like some artsy fartsy type from surry hills designed it and wouldnt fit much stuff in.

looks like a monument in a park somewhere, sorry just not a fan.

if i saw that @ a lan i would have to laugh.

other than that nice build i wanna see pics of the build.

My Custom Rig

Thermaltake Level 10 Case

Intel Core i7 980X

Gigabyte UD5

Xfx 850w Black Edition Psu

Nvidea GTX 470

Corsair Dominater Ram 1600 6Gig (3x2gig)

Windows 7

Razer Megalodon 7.1 SS Gaming Headset

80gig SSD Corsair

500gig HDD Corsair

So, any one jealous cost $5,600 au

Case Coming end of November

ROFL. Dunno where you paid 5600 for that for. But you got cleaned out bro. I honestly think a lot of people here could make a better rig for 3.5k.

The 980x could be a 920 on custom water for half the price. The 470 could be dual 460's with the spare CPU cash. The ram could go up to 2000mhz though 1600mhz is pretty fine. The SSD should be a Muskin Callisto at that size, and the HDD should probably be a Spinpoint F3.

Even with a 960 (say you NEVER want to overclock). You could spend the spare cash on dual 480's or something ludicrous, which would provide far more benefits than two extra cores.

Oh well. Enjoy anyhow. Probably should run the prices etc by a forum next time you buy though. Save you getting milked. 1800 for a "$2200" CPU still isn't a good deal when you can get them for $1400 from msy/umart/pccg.

EDIT: Umart priced that particular build at a max of $4000 (assuming you got the most expensive variant of each part).

Edited by turk

Ah, good point, well apart from the minor fact that it's Australian dollars and more precisely I'm in the NT which is counted as remote bout 212,000 people in the entire state, umart does not exist in Darwin

$1600 shipping and labour? And I WAS pricing in Australian dollars from major Australian PC retailers.

Either way. It should be a blazingly fast rig. Have fun with it. Just wish we could have saved you a few dollars and tweaked your configuration a bit before you made the jump yourself.

Edited by turk

Ok, looked for myself on

Umart I apologize, you are right although they can't get me my case, my bad I guess but o well

Wow... If your aiming for looks rather than performance, you could go a hell of a lot cheaper on the case and do better on the actual computer. But still, it is a nice rig (:

Looks are good but it's not like the computer couldn't run any game that's currently out, and I only am using a single moniter anyway

that case is stupid.

$800 bucks? yea right.

also its thermal take, that already makes it shit.

it really gets to me when people start making really stupid choices with their parts and then ask us if we're jealous. You could build a computer for $3000 and it would dominate that rig performance-wise.

It doesn't really even make sense. You've spent all your money on really pointless parts that your not going to need. The razer headset isnt that fantastic from what i've heard. Overpriced and not worth the money in terms of sound quality. Don't spend such a ridiculous amount on the case and buy something that you will actually benefit from and isn't shit.

Edited by raxo55

Well I'm sorry that you don't like it, yes I am being a bit cocky about the new case, I like it and think performance wise the next graphics card would be good and 2000 hz ram would be nice but other than that it's great, however I doubt it's your place to come in to the thread just to flame anothers choices

Also please link the bad review of the megalodon head set, would love to read/ watch it

me personly if i was going to get a headset i would get some DJ/studio spec headphones and add a small clip on mic to them (thats what im going to do soon as my current logitech clearchat ones are playing up)

as for build the one think i learned is dont always go and get the fastest/best of everything just becuase you can..it stuipid,if you need it and will use then yes go for it,me i would get a 980x becuase i will need it as i do 3d modelling/annimation and the files im working on are getting bigger/more detail and the render times longer so yes a 6 core cpu would be worth it...but i dont have the money right now so thats why im getting what i can afford and will upgrade later when i can....technologies moving so fast in about 6 months you will say "why did i spend all that money" i want this now,but i can get it becuase i dont have any money left.....

sorry if im sounding a little harsh but after going though building a system i learned that sticking to budget and only go over if you can,not becuase you want to....also lissen to the people here they impart some very good and extremly helpful advice and knowledge....

Edited by jdog

It's not that I am not listening but I have already ordered the parts and I'm sticking to the fact I can't afford to upgrade to what they want I know my budget, I will upgrade to 480 but later not now, I got the processor cause this is my last real big spend just wanted something I will enjoy and will stay on top for awhile

Well I'm sorry that you don't like it, yes I am being a bit cocky about the new case, I like it and think performance wise the next graphics card would be good and 2000 hz ram would be nice but other than that it's great, however I doubt it's your place to come in to the thread just to flame anothers choices

Also please link the bad review of the megalodon head set, would love to read/ watch it

firstly. In no way was I flaming you. I was expressing my opinion on your build. Even if I may have expressed my self harshly, it's not flaming. Although I do hate when people start to get cocky about their builds, particularly if in my opinion they haven't made the right choices. I probably did word it a bit intensely though. I wouldn't say the case is bad, just, same with the megalodons, it isn't worth the money. Go ahead and buy it, it's your money. It's just that I believe you could buy something that would actually affect your performance with the money left over from buying a reasonably priced case.

secondly. As with the level 10, the megalodons are overpriced. Go for some cheaper. if you've already bought it, or you can easily afford it, go ahead.

Funny thing is raxo, he never asked people if they were jealous, he just posted a new thread about his build.

Sure it might not be the best value for money, but it seems 50% of the people that have seen this thread have given this guy shit because he can afford to spend big bucks on a rig.

Sure most of us could build something better for that cash, but it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect any of us, only the OP, if he is happy with his build, then you should be too.

I notice the people who are hanging shit on his parts are the people with worse bits than him, isn't that weird?

You didn't even constructively criticize his build, you came in all guns blazing "shit case, shit headset, I hate when people ask me if I'm jealous about their build when its shit, shit shit shit shit shit"

Grow up.

Edited by nukejockey

Actually, he did ask if anyone was jealous.

Just saying.

But you're right. It's not making the poor guy feel any better by just attacking everything that he's done. It's not affecting anyone else directly.

Edited by bushi

Actually, he did ask if anyone was jealous.

Just saying.

But you're right. It's not making the poor guy feel any better by just attacking everything that he's done. It's not affecting anyone else directly.

Lol, must have misread the OP, just re-read it 3 times before I noticed that bit down the bottom lol!

Fair enough, bit dumb if hes asking if anyone is jealous!

Edited by nukejockey

that was really the only reason that it got to me that much.

and yes, my parts aren't as good as his performance wise. but at least mine is a balanced build that makes sense price/performance wise.

also, that isn't true about me just saying everything was shit.

I did constructively criticise him. I pointed out that they aren't worth the money. Didn't say they were shit. I'm sure they are fantastic.

Edited by raxo55