asdeff

Check my new computer

each to there own,thats the thing with custom pc builds one person says this is the best another says thats the best and you just get muddled...

to the OP enjoy your rig and i look forward to pwning you later online....

that was really the only reason that it got to me that much.

and yes, my parts aren't as good as his performance wise. but at least mine is a balanced build that makes sense price/performance wise.

also, that isn't true about me just saying everything was shit.

I did constructively criticise him. I pointed out that they aren't worth the money. Didn't say they were shit. I'm sure they are fantastic.

that case is stupid.

$800 bucks? yea right.

also its thermal take, that already makes it shit.

it really gets to me when people start making really stupid choices with their parts and then ask us if we're jealous. You could build a computer for $3000 and it would dominate that rig performance-wise.

It doesn't really even make sense. You've spent all your money on really pointless parts that your not going to need. The razer headset isnt that fantastic from what i've heard. Overpriced and not worth the money in terms of sound quality. Don't spend such a ridiculous amount on the case and buy something that you will actually benefit from and isn't shit.

No you're right, you didn't say they were shit. You said his case was stupid and his headset wasn't that good from what you have read. You still used the word shit twice though.

Just saying.

If thats your idea of constructive criticism, I'd hate to be a friend asking you for advice.

Edited by nukejockey

Also please link the bad review of the megalodon head set, would love to read/ watch it

"Gaming" audio is pretty well all trash. Spending big amounts of money on it never made sense to me.

Guess what gaming headsets are good for though?

You guessed it, gaming. In games like COD and CSS where sound is off the utmost importance, a 7.1 gaming headset will give you the edge every time, if you game heavily, they're a very worthy investment, trust me.

Well I'm sorry that you don't like it, yes I am being a bit cocky about the new case, I like it and think performance wise the next graphics card would be good and 2000 hz ram would be nice but other than that it's great, however I doubt it's your place to come in to the thread just to flame anothers choices

Also please link the bad review of the megalodon head set, would love to read/ watch it

firstly. In no way was I flaming you. I was expressing my opinion on your build. Even if I may have expressed my self harshly, it's not flaming. Although I do hate when people start to get cocky about their builds, particularly if in my opinion they haven't made the right choices. I probably did word it a bit intensely though. I wouldn't say the case is bad, just, same with the megalodons, it isn't worth the money. Go ahead and buy it, it's your money. It's just that I believe you could buy something that would actually affect your performance with the money left over from buying a reasonably priced case.

secondly. As with the level 10, the megalodons are overpriced. Go for some cheaper. if you've already bought it, or you can easily afford it, go ahead.

read this post.

I agree I was probably too harsh in my original post, and I'm sorry if that offended you. I expanded on what I said in the second post. and yes, I still stand by what I said abou that case. Spending 800 on a thermaltake case is a little silly.

i just want to see pics of all the gear (in case or not)...

IMHO what would have been best is if the OP had of made a thread and said "Guys I have $xxxxxx amount to spend on a rig - what should I get?"

Then the OP could have made another thread "Check my new computer - jealous?"

:P

@raxo55

Although I do hate when people start to get cocky about their builds, particularly if in my opinion they haven't made the right choices

If the OP has that much money to spend on his system then he can afford to pick the components that he wants over price/performance. I agree that $800 on a case is excessive, but to be honest if I had the money sitting there for a case I would grab it too. There are heaps of other cases out there that grab my and I would love to have as well and in the end it comes down to personal preference. You can't trash a guys system because he's chosen things that you don't agree on. Just because you don't agree with the choices someone makes doesn't give you the right to destroy their pride in their system. Be fair and if you honestly believe that they've made a mistake in a decision give them the pros and cons instead of just saying it's stupid and shit.

Edit -- Quote didn't work correctly.

Edited by barbatus

@raxo55

Although I do hate when people start to get cocky about their builds, particularly if in my opinion they haven't made the right choices

If the OP has that much money to spend on his system then he can afford to pick the components that he wants over price/performance. I agree that $800 on a case is excessive, but to be honest if I had the money sitting there for a case I would grab it too. There are heaps of other cases out there that grab my and I would love to have as well and in the end it comes down to personal preference. You can't trash a guys system because he's chosen things that you don't agree on. Just because you don't agree with the choices someone makes doesn't give you the right to destroy their pride in their system. Be fair and if you honestly believe that they've made a mistake in a decision give them the pros and cons instead of just saying it's stupid and shit.

I'd say he picked bad components though and got a rig that performs worse than it could have for his budget. This is why everyone has had a shot at him when he asked jealous. A lot of people here other than me probably think he's wasted a fair bit of money on a rig that can get creamed by well-built computers half the price.

Most of the serious people here have posted what would have been better too. If he doesn't overclock seriously most people's sub $2000 rigs would smash his sadly. Should be running full water or even phase/cascade (given he obviously has the money for the power bill associated) with that much money spent on components. Just shooting yourself in the foot putting it in a case where you don't have space to cool properly.

Most of the guys here have said what I've said. We just wish he'd said I have $XXXX budget, and X purpose. What should I get?

We'd be jealous about his PC then, not the spare amount of money he has to throw at one (think what else you could do with $5600 spare O.o).

Edited by turk

Forum wars started again. Good,

I admit I did not create a advise needed topic, nor did I get 2000 hz ram, nor a gtx 480/2x460 and that asking if people were jealous did sound rude/arrogant a bad trait I've lived with,

However, it was intended as a joke.

I thank the people who have offered constructive crit.

The case is not well priced, but I got it for looks,

The ram, didn't get faster because of money restrictions,

The headset cause I am going to be living in a house rented with other people,

The 980x cause I have always wanted it

I have not made the very best gaming rig for my money.

I am not a fully hardcore Gamer. I know that.

I shouldn't have asked if there was jealousy, I'm sorry if I offended anyone

With my rig, I'm happy, I hoped other people would be able to share in that.

Edited by asdeff

I fully understand your joy dude. You wanted to jump on in and say hey check out my rig, I'm so proud.

There's nothing wrong with that at all.

The problem starts when you post a topic like that, people will judge your system. Everyone will have an opinion on it and sometimes that opinion can be blunt.

Instead of sharing in your joy, because really I think that is what your post was intended to be. You copped flak from peeps because you didn't spend the money wisely.

Its great when you buy stuff and people share your joy by complimenting you on what you have. I think somewhere in there you fully expected people to be jealous.

But not in a bad way, but jealous because you got something great, and hoped people would respond in "I wish I had that" which helps make spending all that money seem worthwhile and somewhat justified.

Its totally understandable. When you spend the big biscuits its nice when people share your joy, its nice when someone says I'm so jealous. But not jealous in a negative way. Which often, sadly, is the exact way many people respond.

Non of this changes the fact that your happy with your purchase. Tbo I really like the case you got. And I think if it was cheap to buy, a lot of others would probably buy one too.

Anywayz, don't let this bother you too much dude. Maybe after the build is complete you can post up some pictures, so we can be jealous of your set up ;)

It's still a better build than most of us have - so yea I'm jealous! lol It's not the rig I would have built but I have a hard enough time using all the power of my current build (although graphics are just starting to let me down).

I look forward to seeing pictures of the parts/build (please)! although maybe start a new thread, this one is kinda flooded with criticism.

@raxo55

I'd say he picked bad components though and got a rig that performs worse than it could have for his budget. This is why everyone has had a shot at him when he asked jealous. A lot of people here other than me probably think he's wasted a fair bit of money on a rig that can get creamed by well-built computers half the price.

Most of the serious people here have posted what would have been better too. If he doesn't overclock seriously most people's sub $2000 rigs would smash his sadly. Should be running full water or even phase/cascade (given he obviously has the money for the power bill associated) with that much money spent on components. Just shooting yourself in the foot putting it in a case where you don't have space to cool properly.

Most of the guys here have said what I've said. We just wish he'd said I have $XXXX budget, and X purpose. What should I get?

We'd be jealous about his PC then, not the spare amount of money he has to throw at one (think what else you could do with $5600 spare O.o).

I'm thinking the reason he didn't post a topic of I have X amount of dollars is because he already knew exactly what he wanted. we all understand that a rig half the price will outperform this setup but the OPer has built a rig with the components that he really wanted so he's happy and we should all be happy for the guy for building something that he's truely proud of.

And I get the feeling that a few of people are laying shit on him because he has the money to go out and buy the excessively expensive components. I agree that he could have built a rig more powerful for less but then he would have been sitting there next to it going a really wish I'd bought x instead of z. And you don't want to be sitting next to something you've just invested a heap of money on and wishing that you'd spent it differently.

I near on doubled the budget for my HTPC build a few months ago simply because I didn't want to sit there and be unhappy with my purchase. I wanted to look at it and be proud of what I had built and show it to everyone. Admittdely I did have a topic for suggestions between my build options but it was ultimately my decision and I went with what made me happy. And that's just what the OPer has done here, he's gone and built something that he is happy with and won't look at with regret