jdog

thinking of buying this of ebay,worth it?

my current system is getting slow and i am going to upgrade.... i am going to upgrade to i7 rig (which im still going to do this xmas) but then i thought before i do that why dont i just upgrade my cpu to a quad (to use as a backup) (currently a E6550 OC @ 2.66ghz) but becuase 775 cpu's are getting hard to find i thought ill have a look on ebay!

after some searching i found this guy who is selling his gaming rig really cheap and i thought for $200 i can have a whole new system! so why not?..but then i thought,that i may get ripped off/faked,but i research some more and found out this guy is in brisbane!

heres the link:

http://shop.ebay.com.au/santuropark/m.html...om=&_ipg=25

the stuff im looking at:

A Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 (not overclocked) (currently 4 bids)

A EVGA nforce 790i FTW motherboard (with box and everything) (currently 3 bids)

2 Asus GTX 260s (currently (3 bids each)

1 4GB (2x2GB) Gskill Dual Channel DDR3 1600 (7-7-7-14) (currently 3 bids)

so the question: is good deal? (as a little upgrade from a 9600GT,Gigabyte G31-ES2L,E6550)

or should i just buy a quad core as a backup to my i7 rig im going to be building?

please tell me rather then stealing my link and buying it for yourselves!!!

Edited by jdog

Looks like a steal to me (for 200 bucks). I'd buy it. I'd put a big cooler on the quad and take it to the sky. THe SLI 260's would have you covered i expect. That is rather low latency ram too.

Doubt you'll get it for 200 though. The cpu alone wouldn't be far off that if i remember right.

EDIT: The ram is rated at 1.9v. Beware. i5/i7 only goes to 1.65 in the spec I think. 1.9 would fry your shit so you'd get less than rated speeds unless you ran s775 with that ram (which is the machine he has - not your i7).

Edited by turk

Price is going to go up look how long the auction has left.

Another pointless thread. Hes going to easily clear 100+ for each GPU

60 -80 for the ram board will go for over 100 aswell

CPU will go for $300ish.

Stop wasting your time and chopping and changing I know your enthusiastic and its nice and all but hearing about your rig in every single thread is getting a bit much.

If you won that, there'd be no point going for an i7 as it wouldn't be that much faster than overclocked 9650 (bar synthetic benchmarks)

If you won that, there'd be no point going for an i7 as it wouldn't be that much faster than overclocked 9650 (bar synthetic benchmarks)

That was pretty well my train of thought. i5/i7 isn't that great compared to s775. A lot of guys are still using it for good reason (it's still beast).

Ebay prices also end up higher than OCAU prices (typically). Poke around there. People wont pay more than shit's worth there (usually).

Edited by turk

I'll admit, I had a Q9550 @ 3.8 before I went for an i7 upgrade and I did notice a fairly large difference in a few games, mainly multithreaded things like Arma 2, GTA4 and Red Faction: Guerilla, single threaded stuff I doubt is much different though.

its unlikely i will..so ill go with the i7 im doing....

but with 3-4 bidders on the items only i may have some chance....

Edited by jdog

have you ever used ebay before?

theres 5 days left, there will be a lot more people.

No you dont. Also stop.........

..............its.......

Annoying............

I realise when people say it in such a derrogatory tone, your automatic reaction is to think they're just dicks and they're wrong.

The truth is they are dicks. But they're not wrong.

By the time the auctions end they won't be cheap. It sucks, but it's going to go over the MSY/Umart style pricing.

Those bids will sky-rocket. My advice is use that kind of money and spend it on lets say i5 760 with 2x GTX 460's. i guarantee thats how much those auctions will generate for those items :P

i only know this because i frequent ebay too much.

last year i sold a gigabyte 8800gts 640mb for $160 through auctions. Go Figure :P

don't bother with computer hardware on ebay, especially q9650's they usually go for 350 when i wanted them, thats the only reason Ive got an p55/i7 setup now, they amount you spend on second hand shit you could buy new parts, i5 760 and GTX460/6870, ad Gb uD3 or similar and some ram and you'd be fine. you wouldn't even need the rig your planing on building.

go to MSY, they still have 775s in store. They may not be on the website , but you ask that lil iraqi behind the desk at my local, he'll find it for ya.

go to MSY, they still have 775s in store. They may not be on the website , but you ask that lil iraqi behind the desk at my local, he'll find it for ya.

thanks for idea,i may have a look at that..

Also what you said was racist...atleast reword it..."ask the person behind the counter at my local store,and he will find it for you"

saying terms such as "lil iraqi" is considered racist to some.

atomic has a line....dont cross it...or you will get banned..

Also what you said was racist...atleast reword it..."ask the person behind the counter at my local store,and he will find it for you"

Mate leave the moderating to the mods. There's a reason thats their job, and they are good at it. If you really find something offensive try using the report button, which you will find conveniently located on the bottom left portion of the offending post.

There's nothing racist with calling him that if he is indeed 'lil' and formerly of Iraq.

If he said 'lil towelhead' or something equally offensive, then maybe.

are you a lil iraqi? oh shit don't blow up my house with your weapons of mass destruction lmao.

im not iraqi and i doing find it racist or anything,i just thought orthers might..

true,that morgoth ,calm down people..

um,

Bottom line is, it's not racist, and don't threaten bans on people when you don't have the power or the right to.

um,