Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LogicprObe

Illuminated Keyboard

i've had a few of these over the years

Saitek Eclipse I and II

Pretty good to type on, well made, good looking and pretty pleasing overall. I found that the volume controls worked well and i liked this keyboard lots until it eventually died/was retired. I think the number 1 key crapped out on the eclipse 1 after some intense punishment and the II was just retired to mum's computer.

The 3 brightness levels worked well i guess, though most of the time i had it off >.>

Logitech G15 (first edition)

Great keyboard, reasonably good software. On the minus side, the thing is huge and it had toooo many macro keys for me :(

Microsoft X6 Sidewinder

Did not like this keyboard much at all. The volume control is great, but the media keys will not work with itunes without some fandangling. The keys had a plasticy covering on them which wore off badly and left them looking scaly and gross :( I liked being able to take the number pad off and hide it/store it away. I didn't like the red colour either. Overall it was more a poor choice by me than a poor product but the thing really wasn't great for me. Also: i hated the driver software that ran it.

I have a http://www.daskeyboard.com now and it's awesome, i find i didn't need the letters anyway :D

//Steve

thinking i may send this razer kb back again although functional the enter key is shiting me

i dont know wtf they were thinking unless they tried to fix breaking enter key problems by making the key narrower so they didnt have to toss out a heap of kb with a fault they just swap the keys...

Posted Image

That's not the same model/layout as mine, it has a regular elongated enter key. What you have there is just plain stupid. I checked the razer boards at Umart and they don't have that model you show there, I cannot even find it the razer site so maybe they have sold you a rip off. But I must tell people to be on the look out for the one you have, so they don't get stung.

Edited by bowiee

That's not the same model/layout as mine, it has a regular elongated enter key. What you have there is just plain stupid. I checked the razer boards at Umart and they don't have that model you show there, I cannot even find it the razer site so maybe they have sold you a rip off. But I must tell people to be on the look out for the one you have, so they don't get stung.

lol yep that aint a razer keyboard. That's some shoddy ripoff.

just get a logitech one...they have everything in the right place..

just realized the left shift key is half size as well they have squeezed a second button in there

the box and contents look legit and everything matches the previous razer kb except those three keys which are different to the picture on the box

Edited by Dasa

yep will be sending it back again i have already placed another rma request for it with pccg

since there has been some question to if its a fake i have taken a few better pics of the box and kb that may help others in spotting them

just rebooted after installing software from razer website and it works fine with it as far as media keys and light settings go

all the kb for different regions i looked at on razer website look the same but maybe some are like this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit

nuke pointed me to this

http://www.goodtyping.com/teclatUK.htm

the kb has a uk layout for button placement although the labeling and key functions are different

Edited by Dasa

Well, it turned up and I'm liking it.

Just plugged it in and it's working OK.

Nice to type on and I can see what's going on!

Oh riiiight...I scrolled up to Dasa's post and didn't see much, and forgot you'd ordered one.

I still blame you for my forgetfulness :P

How is it to type on? Comfy for long stretches?