Sign in to follow this  
Taranthor

Samsung Galaxy Tablet

rang my local telstra store from work (north sydney) and they said yep they could match the online price.

So wandered down and bought it. Seems pretty sweet so far.

Are there any indications as to whether the original Galaxy Tab can be updated to Honeycomb?

It seems likely that there's be an unofficial one at some point, but it won't be a customised Samsung version, you'll lose access to the Samsung store, and you might lose access to the Android Market.

If there's an official one, I'd be stunned.

I'm tossing up whether I get a new netbook, or whether something like this would be a worthy replacement. Basically to leech off the wifi at Uni, and type notes.

Fuck.

Right, so I was going to get the Velocity Micro T301, due to the 7" size, 800x600 screen, low weight and decent enough power. This blows it away. At nearly the same price point. Fuck. I think I need to get one >_<

Fuck.

Right, so I was going to get the Velocity Micro T301, due to the 7" size, 800x600 screen, low weight and decent enough power. This blows it away. At nearly the same price point. Fuck. I think I need to get one >_<

funny thing happened at my work. i walked in with my new purchase. Started setting it up etc. People had a look and a play. I loaded some movies etc and did a bit of browsing.

They all wandered out at lunch and 4 of them came back with one.

Apparently im a trend setter at work cause of this thread :P

Your not the only one Josho, two of mates are getting one too after playing with mine

I suppose if it was $100-200 more you just couldn't justify it or possibly even want it given the competitors, but when you compare the low price to what else is around it just seems too good of an opportunity.

Edited by TheGrEaVeR

I ordered one.

Ah nurts, delivery guy came today and I wasn't in. Can't pick it up until tomorrow now.

And JB Hi Fi have them for $299 now, although I think stock is very low so check you local store.

*EDIT* The post office had it at end of day. Typing from it now. Me likey, but me looking forward to the arrival of the keyboard.

Edited by tantryl

I'm rather tempted to get one, not sure how much I would use it though. They function as a phone too right? (a absolutely massive one)

Going over to WA soon for a two week holiday, and where I am there is only nextg reception, so if I got one, I would probably use it for basic SMS etc.

Other than that, I'm not sure how much I would use it....

I guess it could be good on the train.

It would mint on the train, and yeah they also have full phone features, you can only use speaker phone for normal calls however it isn't difficult to get a bluetooth headset.

ok update. The entire I.T dept has now bought one.

They seem to be flying off the shelves.

I can see why. It's a handy little gizmo.

Anyone know if you can do a "Duplicate Event" or "Copy Event" function on the Calendar? It'd make things much easier for me...

ok update. The entire I.T dept has now bought one.

They seem to be flying off the shelves.

I'd like one but I'm so used to keyboards and I work faster than a touchscreen using a keyboard (hence I got a netbook).

Anyone know if you can do a "Duplicate Event" or "Copy Event" function on the Calendar? It'd make things much easier for me...

galaxy tab p1000 here.. with the default calender you can set an event, then have it go for a few days, or have it repeat daily, weekdayly, weekly, fortnightly, monthly (every 4th friday or specified numerical day) or yearly.

thats the default calender tho. there may be advanced ones in the android market.

galaxy tab p1000 here.. with the default calender you can set an event, then have it go for a few days, or have it repeat daily, weekdayly, weekly, fortnightly, monthly (every 4th friday or specified numerical day) or yearly.

thats the default calender tho. there may be advanced ones in the android market.

Yeah, I don't need a regular repeating event. I do appointments with customers and it's easier to copy and edit their previous appointments than re-type everything in.

I ordered one.

Ah nurts, delivery guy came today and I wasn't in. Can't pick it up until tomorrow now.

And JB Hi Fi have them for $299 now, although I think stock is very low so check you local store.

*EDIT* The post office had it at end of day. Typing from it now. Me likey, but me looking forward to the arrival of the keyboard.

http://www.telstra.com.au/bigpond-internet...ung-galaxy-tab/

Telstra also doing em for 300 bucks now too + Free delivery.

/buys

Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, it's currently $299 outright and unlocked at the Telstra Shop (online, not sure about in store).

I ordered one.

http://www.telstra.com.au/bigpond-internet...blets%3A315x156

"a 16GB internal memory (expandable up to 32GB)"

http://www.telstra.com.au/shop/Consumer/NG...amgaltab:buynow

"HSDPA 7.2 Mbps peak downlink rating"

http://www.telstra.com.au/bigpond-internet...ung-galaxy-tab/

Telstra also doing em for 300 bucks now too + Free delivery.

/buys

I know :P

Ordered one online. Will wait to see how long it takes for it get to delivered seeing as all the Telstra stores in CBD and the JB Hifi stores are sold out. Looking forward for it being delivered so i can play with it.

FYI - Out of stock @ Telstra online store, awaiting for more to come in.

Edited by _sentinel

is there any way of finding out if your tab is the telstra one or not? cant find any info anywere about this!

Yeah for $299 the things are selling out everywhere... and under $300 means I have a nice little tax deduction :)