Sign in to follow this  
Taranthor

Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Yeah for $299 the things are selling out everywhere... and under $300 means I have a nice little tax deduction :)

:D

Telstra online order states that my order has been dispatched from the warehouse today. :). I was expecting before Friday next week at the rate it was ordered. Means I will have to find a case earlier than expected.

Yeah for $299 the things are selling out everywhere... and under $300 means I have a nice little tax deduction :)

:D

Telstra online order states that my order has been dispatched from the warehouse today. :). I was expecting before Friday next week at the rate it was ordered. Means I will have to find a case earlier than expected.

Same :)

I know its probably more a networking question but do any of you have your media library or shares set up for your tab to access and if so what have you used to accomplish this?

From what I understand the allshare app should be able to access windows media library's automatically but I am having trouble getting my tab to show up in windows for some reason.

If anyone knows of a program I can use to send media content to the tab I would be greatly appreciative, also I have been looking for a decent app I can use to access shared folders on my home network so I can pull stuff onto my tab but I haven't had much luck yet, accessing the tabs data is easy but the opposite is proving more difficult than I thought it would be.

Turns out ES file manager is the best for the job, can actually stream as well although I much prefer just to pull something across

All sold out... Wonder if more will come in?

Is there a decent note taking app for these? If I can get my hands on one, I may just have to get a bluetooth keyboard and use it for uni or something.

MEGABUMP.

The Galaxy Tab was fun, for a time. It was a good conversation piece "Oh, that's a nice phone, have you seen my phone? <extract golliathan phone>". Then the glitches started.

I got the Galaxy Tab because I had an iPhone 3GS and the Galaxy Tab had Android. The iPhone was slightly annoying with syncing to gmail and the Google Calendar. I figured that everything would be super streamlined and easy with the Android since everything I wanted to use it for was Google products (barring the phone).

How wrong I was. The inbuilt calendar app wouldn't update events I edited nor add events I added to the android calendar app. Yes, they were in the right calendar, if there's any doubt in your mind about that then consider... editing an existing event on your Android Galaxy Tab that was previously created in a regular web browser wasn't uploaded to Google Calendar.

I lost a month of jobs notes as a result, just assuming they'd stay there on my phone... nope, the phone deletes calendar data after a few weeks.

I didn't need those notes, sure. But if I had? Shockingly bad system that basically required me to re-enter everything I'd already entered.

So I switched to using the Google Calendar mobile website. That way, at least, stuff would be saved and uploaded. And that worked. For a month or two. Then I started getting error messages every time I tried to edit an event, something about it couldn't be saved. No error code. No help from the google support forums. Other people had had the problem and none of the suggestions to people with the same problem asking about it helped.

So I couldn't use the inbuilt calendar, I couldn't even use the mobile browser calendar... so I gave up and went back to the iPhone 3GS. At least the mobile website Calendar works fine on it.

I have been given a Samsung Tablet 10.1 34gig. (Christmas present)

Has been working like a dream since I unpacked it, my only gripe is trying to work out if you can expand the memory or if the slot is just for the sim card?

My partner uses it when her (crappy) Dell laptop refuses to work.

Now I just want to look for a light case to put it in when not in use.

After having my tablet for over a month now, I have a problem with charging it up.

Computer usb to tab = discarge tab

1amp mains charger to tab = discarge tab

Turn off tab and use 1 amp charger = 16 hours to charge

THEN

Use a 2 amp mains charger or the original Samsung charger = 3 or 4 hours to charge.

When it is charged, I get about 3 days out of the tablet.

Seems that the Galaxy needs a 2 amp charge rate to begin charging.

But I do love this tablet

:-)

After having my tablet for over a month now, I have a problem with charging it up.

THEN

Use a 2 amp mains charger or the original Samsung charger = 3 or 4 hours to charge.

When it is charged, I get about 3 days out of the tablet.

Seems that the Galaxy needs a 2 amp charge rate to begin charging.

But I do love this tablet

:-)

Its a great tablet, I just wish they would hurry up and release an official 3.2 updated for Australia.

I wonder if they are working on ICS for the tablet which is why we haven't received a 3.2 update when I think the rest of the world has (or at least America and some of Europe).

THEN

That's not atypical of any kind of device these days. My Samsung Galaxy S2 will gradually discharge on either the car charger or computer USB charger when using GPS or wireless AP. Only the mains USB charger will supply enough power for GPS / wireless AP plus top up the battery.